FU Townley

Zildjian
9/28/2010 8:33am
Sunhouse wrote:
Short was way off the pace and Townley took the inside, Short didn´t let off - it´s racing. The guy was just passed by a 250f...
Short was way off the pace and Townley took the inside, Short didn´t let off - it´s racing. The guy was just passed by a 250f too so he was definitely off the pace
The same 250F that just passed Townley.

Do you think before you post?
peelout719
9/28/2010 9:25am
robkinuk wrote:
I just hope Ben Townley's whole career isn't going to be judged on one tough pass. The guy is a legend, former world MX2 Champion and...
I just hope Ben Townley's whole career isn't going to be judged on one tough pass. The guy is a legend, former world MX2 Champion and one of a very few guys to beat RC straight up in an MXDN race at Ernee in 2005. He's come back from being out with serious injury for 2 years, to once again run at the front of the pack and you have to admire him for it. He definately has heart! Compared to Barcia's blatent t-bone of Dean Wilson at Unadilla, the pass at Lakewood was just a little love tap. Let's face it, young Ken Roczen had just ridden rings around the pair of them and I guess BT didn't want Shorty holding him up for the next couple of laps so Ken could gap them! It was almost a mirror image of the Webber/Hamilton shunt in Singapore F1 Grand Prix, which resulted in no action bt the stewards, despite Hamilton being forced out of race.
Some clown even had the afront to say because NZ weren't in with a chance of winning the overall, he shouldn't have got near Shorty!

Racing is tough ! end offWink
"and one of a very few guys to beat RC straight up in an MXDN race at Ernee in 2005"

he didn't beat RC, he ran his pace the entire race and looked like he could beat him, but RC won both motos.

just an fyi Smile
ns503
9/28/2010 9:26am
Townley/Short MXdN 2010 from Stephen Bruner on Vimeo. Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even...

Townley/Short MXdN 2010 from Stephen Bruner on Vimeo.

Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even charging in to the corner. Short was just taking terrible fucking lines and getting eaten alive momentarily.
That sure doesn't look like a crucifiable offence to me....
9/28/2010 9:33am
Sunhouse wrote:
Short was way off the pace and Townley took the inside, Short didn´t let off - it´s racing. The guy was just passed by a 250f...
Short was way off the pace and Townley took the inside, Short didn´t let off - it´s racing. The guy was just passed by a 250f too so he was definitely off the pace
Zildjian wrote:

If Ken hadn't just got done with a 35 minute moto only 45 minutes prior I think he could have won the moto All those MX3 guys were fresh. That's a scary thought when you see where those two finished in the 450 points this year.

The Shop

peelout719
9/28/2010 9:38am
Sunhouse wrote:
Zildjian wrote:

difference is when townley was passed by roczen it looked like he was thinking wtf?!

but when short was passed, he flat out went by him. townley clearly turned it up so that roczen wouldn't get away and short was off the pace of townley and roczen.

some of the guys in this thread need to take off their USA colored glasses before looking at the video footage above. seriously.
jamma10
9/28/2010 9:38am
Townley/Short MXdN 2010 from Stephen Bruner on Vimeo. Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even...

Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even charging in to the corner. Short was just taking terrible fucking lines and getting eaten alive momentarily.
ns503 wrote:
...or worth 9 pages of sensationalist vitriol aimed towards Ben Townley. Many contributers to this thread should be ashamed.
peelout719
9/28/2010 9:44am
jamma10 wrote:
...or worth 9 pages of sensationalist vitriol aimed towards Ben Townley. Many contributers to this thread should be ashamed.
x719
mccread
9/28/2010 9:45am
Ken is unreal.. maybe Cairoli wasn't to far wrong... he was only a second off Dungey's times coming through the pack in moto1 and his lap time in the second race was faster than Dungey's third moto...

Fourth fastest lap time of the day I think behind Dungey, Cairoli and BT ...at altitude..... and he just turned 16 in May.

Really pleased to see BT win again.. he is so close to getting back to that level consistantly .. he shows flashes of it every so often.. he will be a title threat in the AMA or GP series next year.

Short went down hard... if you are him you aren't happy at BT... but I think Ben just saw a gap and went for it.. because he didn't want Roczen getting away.

OW38B
Fantasy
148th
9/28/2010 9:46am
jamma10 wrote:
Agree 100%.

If you are saying "FU Townley" on this pass you are clueless ..............
race
9/28/2010 10:00am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2010 10:01am

ns503 wrote:
I agree.

Now that we can finally see it, it appears that hook in Shorts outside line turned him back a bit to the inside, Townley was fading a bit to the outside and the two bikes came together.

You can see Roczen take that same outside line but was smoother thru the apex than Short. Short hit it harder and rebounded back to the inside.

Short's gonna kick himself when he sees what a mess he made of that part of the race. Looks like he went double/double up the quad? Even Roczen hit it triple / single. Townley made up all that ground just off of the quad alone.

kongols
9/28/2010 10:48am
All it took is 29 sec. of video.
Mstock
9/28/2010 11:29am
Chalk that one up under the "shit happens" catagory. BT did not intentionaly try to take out an American rider. That said. The smiley face assasin has every right to run BT into the ground the next chance he gets. Just for fun of course.
9/28/2010 12:10pm
Just bad line choice. Had he been wide like Towney and hit that rut he would have been fine. He kind of had to tire slide and square up his entry to slam in to it though. Killed all of his momentum.
Sunhouse
9/28/2010 1:17pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Zildjian wrote:

Why don't you watch the race before you post. That was uncalled for
Zildjian
9/28/2010 1:59pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Uncalled for? The same 250F passed Townley as well.

By the way. How did BT do in the 3rd moto? How did Short do? Oh that's right.

USA won, again. Not surprised the rest of the world is pissed.
cdm806
Fantasy
1557th
9/28/2010 4:41pm
burnside wrote:
He was fading anyway. Bout to get beat by a 250f!
Yeah.. Fck you burnside.. What did you think about how bad Short faded in moto 3 you cock sucker.
Yeah, he faded alright. All the way to 2nd, after waving Dungey by.
yamazuki
9/28/2010 5:46pm
race wrote:
I agree. Now that we can finally see it, it appears that hook in Shorts outside line turned him back a bit to the inside, Townley...
I agree.

Now that we can finally see it, it appears that hook in Shorts outside line turned him back a bit to the inside, Townley was fading a bit to the outside and the two bikes came together.

You can see Roczen take that same outside line but was smoother thru the apex than Short. Short hit it harder and rebounded back to the inside.

Short's gonna kick himself when he sees what a mess he made of that part of the race. Looks like he went double/double up the quad? Even Roczen hit it triple / single. Townley made up all that ground just off of the quad alone.

"Short's gonna kick himself when he sees what a mess he made of that part of the race. "

Why? he still beat BT101 overall and the Americans won, that is what consistancy is about, even after being taken out ( he was taken out because I know a relative who saw it we both were there but I missed it) he passed as many people as he could. But rubbin is racing, Andrew knows that, plus he probably knows he was off pace. He did not even do the step up.

Even Roczen, did he beat Andrew in the second moto, no and if Andrew would not have crashed, Andrew would have beat him for the overall. But you can still forget speculation, the Americans still won, that is what counts. Andrew is going to kick himself for his contribution to winning the MXON? I don't think so. Could he and Trey have done better, sure, but they didn't need to, they won.

eddie
9/28/2010 6:07pm
yamazuki wrote:
"Short's gonna kick himself when he sees what a mess he made of that part of the race. " Why? he still beat BT101 overall and...
"Short's gonna kick himself when he sees what a mess he made of that part of the race. "

Why? he still beat BT101 overall and the Americans won, that is what consistancy is about, even after being taken out ( he was taken out because I know a relative who saw it we both were there but I missed it) he passed as many people as he could. But rubbin is racing, Andrew knows that, plus he probably knows he was off pace. He did not even do the step up.

Even Roczen, did he beat Andrew in the second moto, no and if Andrew would not have crashed, Andrew would have beat him for the overall. But you can still forget speculation, the Americans still won, that is what counts. Andrew is going to kick himself for his contribution to winning the MXON? I don't think so. Could he and Trey have done better, sure, but they didn't need to, they won.

"Even Roczen, did he beat Andrew in the second moto, no and if Andrew would not have crashed, Andrew would have beat him for the overall."

LMAO !

you cant get anymore clueless than this .
9/28/2010 6:18pm
After watchin the vid, FU Short! for your failed attempt to hold up Townley! Tongue
dietzl41
9/28/2010 6:22pm
your a dirty pirate hooker!
broman64
9/28/2010 6:46pm
FlaNard wrote:
Cheap shot that early in the race. Fuck you Ben.
RMZ819 wrote:
Its a fucking exhibiton race. Get a life kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It means Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you hear me kid???? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just browsing and this guy sounds like he wants to fight... "Kid''?
Wow,
BMan-
9/28/2010 10:01pm
yamazuki wrote:
"Short's gonna kick himself when he sees what a mess he made of that part of the race. " Why? he still beat BT101 overall and...

eddie wrote:
[i][b]"Even Roczen, did he beat Andrew in the second moto, no and if Andrew would not have crashed, Andrew would have beat him for the overall."[/b][/i]...
"Even Roczen, did he beat Andrew in the second moto, no and if Andrew would not have crashed, Andrew would have beat him for the overall."

LMAO !

you cant get anymore clueless than this .
It's like he hasn't seen the video. Pinch
Sunhouse
9/29/2010 1:58am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2010 3:02am
Sunhouse wrote:
Zildjian wrote:
Uncalled for? The same 250F passed Townley as well. By the way. How did BT do in the 3rd moto? How did Short do? Oh that's...
Uncalled for? The same 250F passed Townley as well.

By the way. How did BT do in the 3rd moto? How did Short do? Oh that's right.

USA won, again. Not surprised the rest of the world is pissed.
Yes he did, but BT caught up to short And also passed roczen later on in the moto. I'm not sure what point you Are trying to make here by conparing the short/ BT deal in the 2nd moto. What hasmoto 3 to got to do with it? Im beginning to Think you havent watched the event
Huckster
9/29/2010 3:33am
mccread wrote:
Ken is unreal.. maybe Cairoli wasn't to far wrong... he was only a second off Dungey's times coming through the pack in moto1 and his lap...
Ken is unreal.. maybe Cairoli wasn't to far wrong... he was only a second off Dungey's times coming through the pack in moto1 and his lap time in the second race was faster than Dungey's third moto...

Fourth fastest lap time of the day I think behind Dungey, Cairoli and BT ...at altitude..... and he just turned 16 in May.

Really pleased to see BT win again.. he is so close to getting back to that level consistantly .. he shows flashes of it every so often.. he will be a title threat in the AMA or GP series next year.

Short went down hard... if you are him you aren't happy at BT... but I think Ben just saw a gap and went for it.. because he didn't want Roczen getting away.

Roczen second moto was 2 seconds faster than cairoli's third moto....whats your point?
ODB
9/29/2010 4:55am
LOOKS LIKE ONE VIDEO THAT SHOWS RACING AND 10 PAGES OF CRYBABIES...........Woohoo
motomike137
9/29/2010 5:29am
This thread has jumped the shark, 10 greyhound buses and the f-cking snake river canyon! Time to put it out of it's misery!
spd721
9/29/2010 5:59am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2010 5:59am
I can't believe this thread is still going.

USA #1!!!
kongols
9/29/2010 6:09am
Huckster wrote:
Roczen second moto was 2 seconds faster than cairoli's third moto....whats your point?
What`s your point?
DanDunes818
9/29/2010 6:18am

Great find on the video. Looks to me like a good pass and unintentional contact. It's for sure just one of those "Shit happens" incidents.
DanDunes818
9/29/2010 6:30am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2010 6:35am
FlaNard wrote:
Cheap shot that early in the race. Fuck you Ben.
RMZ819 wrote:
Its a fucking exhibiton race. Get a life kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It means Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you hear me kid???? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
broman64 wrote:
I was just browsing and this guy sounds like he wants to fight... "Kid''?
Wow,
BMan-
RMZ819 you really are a imbecile at times. The race means exactly what it;'s intended to mean and because of that meaning it's the most important race of the year for allot of fans(me being one of them) and riders. Just because a race doesn't count for points towards GP or AMA series doesn't mean it means nothing. It's a 1 off race with 65 years(The longest running anual race in the sort of mx) history that brings together fans and riders from all over the world to race for world wide supremacy. If it meant nothing there wouldn't be 30 nations and teams spending a ton of money to travel from around the world to race it. I met fans from as far away as the Ukraine and Japan that spent thousands of dollars traveling from their respective countries just to watch this meaningless race. If it's meaningless to you that's fine but don't come on here and be a dickhead to fans that feal it's a meaningful race. It just makes you look like a douche bag.

Post a reply to: FU Townley

The Latest