FU Townley

jamma10
9/30/2010 2:04pm
FlaNard wrote:
Cheap shot that early in the race. Fuck you Ben.
You should really go back and watch the video again...
YetiMan
9/30/2010 2:13pm
FlaNard wrote:
Cheap shot that early in the race. Fuck you Ben.
Congratz, you are officially the stupidest person on vital mx.
G-man
9/30/2010 2:17pm
Don't need to see that BLURRY VIDEO that ends right at the wrong time.
I know what I saw in person and it was a takeout as clear as day. Shorty himself said so and he's a pretty upstanding guy don't you think?

btw not once did I say anything derrogatory towards Ben then and now.

It is a racing incident (a dirty one) but that's racing especially at a tension packed Moto D where that can be expected with your Country's Pride riding on your shoulders.

I was in Holland 1991 when Stanton charged through the pack after crashing TWICE and took out the German Dirk Georkens to save the victory for the USA.

That is why I luv this race so much. A lot is at stake and it ain't fuckin dollars!!!!

I wonder how many of you who disagree were actually there and saw it?

hmmmmmmm
G-man
9/30/2010 2:18pm
YetiMan wrote:
Congratz, you are officially the stupidest person on vital mx.
EABD! Laughing

The Shop

wullyc
9/30/2010 2:50pm
Bloody 11 pages for a hard pass. Away and dry your eyes!! Yous dont get all worked up like this when short runs in hard on someone at an nats race.
jasonv43
9/30/2010 2:52pm
I'm sorry did you say utes???
Torco1
9/30/2010 2:57pm
Yeah......da two utes....

Whats a ute??
9/30/2010 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2010 3:30pm
G-man wrote:
I stand corrected--it barely shows Ben Going into Short and ENDS! DOES NOT SHOW SHORT GETTING CLEANED OUT! It's a poor angle Were you there, or...
I stand corrected--it barely shows Ben Going into Short and ENDS!

DOES NOT SHOW SHORT GETTING CLEANED OUT!

It's a poor angle

Were you there, or are you just going off that crappy video?

If so then you are drunk? lol
It ends because Short went down. WTF else was I supposed to record? An interview with him and Ben afterwards and get a ESPN 360 action shot to analyze? After he goes down, being an American fan, I was a little out of focus on the camera (holding it with my hand) from flipping out (him falling, not being taken out). Being a racer I saw that pass attempt coming when Ben jumped the finish line. If you want the 20 seconds it took Short to remount his bike I can post it... but it's literally 20 seconds of Shorty just standing there looking at his bike. It's right behind them going in to a left hander. It doesn't get any better. You couldn't even see it on TV when all you fucks were going on about it being a take out. Now there's proof and you can't come to terms with it. It's not slot car racing. Riders are allowed to experiment with lines. It is not Townley's job to make sure Andrew makes it through the corner smoothly and in a quick fashion. Had he been on Ben's side of the track it would have been a decent line choice (still not as good as Ben's, but you can see Ken go through it fast fromt he right hand side). He was on the left side of the track trying to take a line that is used for people on the RIGHT side of the track because he messed up the sections before that corner and was trying to protect the inside, he just didn't do it smart enough and payed the price. His fault he decided to slam in to the hooked rut and get a bad suspension rebound out. Townley doesn't control Andrew's poor line choice. He has his own race to think about. If you're going to bitch about lines coming together then why don't they just call the race after the holeshot. That away no one has to try a pass in fear of hypocritical American's jumping down their ass while they're trying to do their job.
9/30/2010 3:21pm
peelout719 wrote:
the hell are you on about? that is the incident AND the corner, just after the finish and just before the mechanics area. i want what...
the hell are you on about?

that is the incident AND the corner, just after the finish and just before the mechanics area.

i want what you're smokin
Shit. I'd take half of one of what he's smoking... And pay good money for it!
three9zero
9/30/2010 3:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2010 3:31pm
peelout719 wrote:
the hell are you on about? that is the incident AND the corner, just after the finish and just before the mechanics area. i want what...
the hell are you on about?

that is the incident AND the corner, just after the finish and just before the mechanics area.

i want what you're smokin
Shit. I'd take half of one of what he's smoking... And pay good money for it!
that shit must be from a cave near where I live in the rockies W00tW00t
9/30/2010 4:07pm
Townley/Short MXdN 2010 from Stephen Bruner on Vimeo. Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even...

Townley/Short MXdN 2010 from Stephen Bruner on Vimeo.

Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even charging in to the corner. Short was just taking terrible fucking lines and getting eaten alive momentarily.
Great find on the video. Looks to me like a good pass and unintentional contact. It's for sure just one of those "Shit happens" incidents.
Great find on the video. Looks to me like a good pass and unintentional contact. It's for sure just one of those "Shit happens" incidents.
It was my video. I have most of the good stuff from the front runners. Plan on putting it all together in to a 5-10 minute...
It was my video. I have most of the good stuff from the front runners. Plan on putting it all together in to a 5-10 minute video as soon as I find some free time with school.
Looks fine to me,same as it did on live on tv,what;s the problem?
9/30/2010 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2010 4:13pm
Townley/Short MXdN 2010 from Stephen Bruner on Vimeo. Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even...

Townley/Short MXdN 2010 from Stephen Bruner on Vimeo.

Find a way to to say Ben did this deliberately. Ben had his feet up not even charging in to the corner. Short was just taking terrible fucking lines and getting eaten alive momentarily.
It was my video. I have most of the good stuff from the front runners. Plan on putting it all together in to a 5-10 minute...
It was my video. I have most of the good stuff from the front runners. Plan on putting it all together in to a 5-10 minute video as soon as I find some free time with school.
does this mean Townley is now a non AMA rider and will be classed as a Euro import from now on?

Post a reply to: FU Townley

The Latest