FREE Fox Instinct Boot Insert Replacement

O&GDriller
Public service announcement for those that are unaware. My son recently switched from Gaerne SG10 to Fox Instinct boots. We were shocked at how quickly he wore through the replaceable sole insert in the Fox boots. He wore down to the insert replacement indicator marking in only seven months or right at 60 hours. He's a B level intermediate rider. For reference, he and I get OVER 3 years or 300 hours out of Gaerne soles. Hell, I thought A-Stars soles were soft as butter and is why we switched to Gaerne. The Fox wear quicker than even the A-Star soles!!! FYI, he and I run OEM KTM pegs.

I was looking into insert/sole replacement options for the Fox Instinct's and found that NuShoe out of San Diego is contracted by Fox to do their boot repairs. NuShoe will replace the inserts FOR FREE and send the bill to Fox. All I have to pay is ~$23 one way shipping to San Diego. They cover the return shipping.

Fox Instinct owners may be fully aware of this option but just in case I thought I'd share.

https://nushoe.com/fox-head.html
|
USA
Fantasy
428th
7/27/2020 9:26am
Thanks for this, really. It looks like my boots are too far gone, I can see the metal on the left side 😢

This is an awesome service though. I might not waste my time with instincts again thought, I dont even have 60 hours in them..
O&GDriller
7/27/2020 9:32am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2020 2:41pm
USA wrote:
Thanks for this, really. It looks like my boots are too far gone, I can see the metal on the left side 😢 This is an...
Thanks for this, really. It looks like my boots are too far gone, I can see the metal on the left side 😢

This is an awesome service though. I might not waste my time with instincts again thought, I dont even have 60 hours in them..
I hear ya'. I was thinking of trying a pair of the Fox Instinct just for the hell of it but that WILL NOT happen after seeing my son got less than 60 hours just like you experienced. He and I getting better than 3 years/300 hours out of Gaerne's makes then hard to ignore.

My son is VERY LUCKY he caught his before they were past the red wear indicator marking. He just happened to notice by chance.

The Fox boots are crazy money for the limited longevity of the soles.
Motox627!
7/27/2020 10:39am
Thanks for posting this! I just switched to Instinct's and this will come in handy I'm sure!
yz133rider
7/27/2020 10:52am
60hours is like almost 2 years for me . I’d be happy if I could get that. I destroy soles in like 30hours😣😣

Might have to try gaerne next

Was thinking SIDI for the replaceable soles.

The Shop

O&GDriller
7/27/2020 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2020 2:41pm
yz133rider wrote:
60hours is like almost 2 years for me . I’d be happy if I could get that. I destroy soles in like 30hours😣😣 Might have to...
60hours is like almost 2 years for me . I’d be happy if I could get that. I destroy soles in like 30hours😣😣

I recently had the Gaerne SG10s I'm currently wearing recently resoled by one of the "standard" MX boot resoler shops and they put Sidi soles on my Gaerne's. I knew they were going to use SIDI soles prior to shipping to them.
They seem to be wearing as well as the OEM Gaerne soles. I expected the SIDI would wear as well from my research and they are living up to what others have stated regarding longevity.

I used to love the A-Stars Tech 6 but I went through the soles nearly as quickly as my son went through the Fox Instinct soles. I needed a change and I got Gaerne to sponsor me. Best gear change I ever made. I've been sponsored by them for over 10 years and it's been a great relationship.

We average 100 hours a year on our bikes so sole longevity is a consideration for us. My son and I honestly get over 3 years/300 hours on a single pair of Gaerne soles and the boots are still in nice enough shape to get resoled to extend their longevity. Good stuff.

O&GDriller
7/27/2020 12:26pm
yz133rider wrote:
60hours is like almost 2 years for me . I’d be happy if I could get that. I destroy soles in like 30hours😣😣 Might have to...

What BRAND/MODEL boots are you only getting 30 hours out of the soles!?!?!?
Larry450
7/27/2020 12:36pm
I have destroyed gaerne soles in less than 40 hours.
Astar in 10hours
Forma in 30hours
TCX less than 20.
I tried the fox instict boots at a shop and broke a buckle while putting them on. After that i thought no thanks to chinese made pos.

Combination of heavy rider and whooped out sand tracks are really tough on boots. Stock pegs.
yz133rider
7/27/2020 2:13pm
yz133rider wrote:

O&GDriller wrote:
What BRAND/MODEL boots are you only getting 30 hours out of the soles!?!?!?
I did a pair of tech 10s in under a season so roughly 30ish hours
And this season isn’t even over and I bought a pair of the fly sector boots which were made by Tcx which are legitimately nice boots too and the sole is wrecked also

I must be doing something wrong, it’s only the left boot that gets destroyed. From pivoting under to shift I’m assuming.
DynoDan22
7/27/2020 2:36pm
Left boot always get worn first from rocking under the shifter. I go through a pair of instinct soles in 30-40hrs. I'm gonna try to get them re-soled. Thanks!!
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
7/27/2020 10:26pm
The SIDI soles pretty much last forever. I have a set of AXO boots I bought in 1993 that are falling apart, but the SIDI replacement soles I put on them in 2000 are nowhere even close to worn out.

And yes, I'm finally getting new boots Smile . I believe I got my money's worth. Haha!
Brtp4
7/28/2020 12:32pm
Bonded sole boots are not as durable.

BP.

Adam43
7/29/2020 10:31am
I have avoided Instincts for this very reason, but that's pretty solid customer service by Fox.

Don't know why they can't seem to make a good sole, but now I can consider for them for next time.
7/29/2020 11:25am
I have 2 sets of instincts and have had them for a few years and I haven't even worn through till the red. As long as you don't run razor sharp pegs they will last quite long. Stock honda or stock yamaha pegs no problem.
Tuna
7/29/2020 12:10pm
I have 2 sets of instincts and have had them for a few years and I haven't even worn through till the red. As long as...
I have 2 sets of instincts and have had them for a few years and I haven't even worn through till the red. As long as you don't run razor sharp pegs they will last quite long. Stock honda or stock yamaha pegs no problem.
My experience as well. Run Fastaway pegs. Tried the spike type cleats and found they actually didn’t grip well so went back to the standard cleat.
yz133rider
7/29/2020 3:09pm
I have 2 sets of instincts and have had them for a few years and I haven't even worn through till the red. As long as...
Tuna wrote:
My experience as well. Run Fastaway pegs. Tried the spike type cleats and found they actually didn’t grip well so went back to the standard cleat.
I really think it depends on the rider too. Some are lighter on their feet, and have different habits, lighter build etc.

I destroy soles whether I have sharp pegs or stock pegs.

Post a reply to: FREE Fox Instinct Boot Insert Replacement

The Latest