FMF or PC??? 2016 kx450

Shannon ward
10/28/2015 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2018 2:52pm
Just curious as to what everyone else opinion is on the best exhaust for the 2016 kx450. Does anyone have any idea on the weight of each system or any additional info that may be useful to know I'm leaning more towards the PC but still undecided?
|
tmauto769
Fantasy
1265th
10/28/2015 7:37pm
I bought the fmf for mine, based just on the fact that they are at a lot of our local races where as PC isn't anywhere to be found. With that being said, I haven't rode with it yet, I sent my bike end over end down a 50yd whoop section on saturday with the stock system, so I am taking this weekend off so I can go to durhamtown the following weekend a little less sore. Wink
nc97
10/28/2015 7:53pm
Whatever one you think is the prettiestWink
nc97
10/28/2015 7:57pm
Whatever one you think is the prettiestWink
MMCDan
10/28/2015 10:52pm
I have two 2016 KX450Fs, one has an FMF 4.1 and the other has a PC T-6 (both stainless/aluminum). Performance and weight are about the same so for me it comes down to other factors, like appearance, sound, durability, etc.

They are both well made and fit great, but over the years I've had better luck with the durability of FMF systems.

The FMF is louder and has a more throaty tone where the PC system is much quieter.

Appearance is up to you to decide; I think they both look great but personally give the nod to the "football" resonator on the FMF over PCs solution.

With that said, I will be replacing both systems when Yosh finally releases their pipe for this bike.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
10/29/2015 7:30am
Neither, unless of course you're using all the power that bike offers.

Go have your suspension done, put a good set of bars on a put the 600 bucks you'll save in the bank until you need tires.
Big E
10/29/2015 8:45am
MMCDan wrote:
I have two 2016 KX450Fs, one has an FMF 4.1 and the other has a PC T-6 (both stainless/aluminum). Performance and weight are about the same...
I have two 2016 KX450Fs, one has an FMF 4.1 and the other has a PC T-6 (both stainless/aluminum). Performance and weight are about the same so for me it comes down to other factors, like appearance, sound, durability, etc.

They are both well made and fit great, but over the years I've had better luck with the durability of FMF systems.

The FMF is louder and has a more throaty tone where the PC system is much quieter.

Appearance is up to you to decide; I think they both look great but personally give the nod to the "football" resonator on the FMF over PCs solution.

With that said, I will be replacing both systems when Yosh finally releases their pipe for this bike.
spam.

Motofinne
10/29/2015 8:48am

I love my HGS system for my 2014 KTM 450. Way better than the FMF 4.1 system with the megabomb!
10/29/2015 9:50am
UpTiTe wrote:
Neither, unless of course you're using all the power that bike offers. Go have your suspension done, put a good set of bars on a put...

Go have your suspension done, put a good set of bars on a put the 600 bucks you'll save in the bank until you need tires.
This. Although if you're doing the exhaust (which I think most of us mortals do, because the stock stuff looks like hell) I'd go with FMF. Both are great companies but from what I've experienced, FMF supports a lot of amateur racing and racers where as it was said before, PC is nowhere to be found.
Shannon ward
10/29/2015 9:54am
UpTiTe wrote:
Neither, unless of course you're using all the power that bike offers. Go have your suspension done, put a good set of bars on a put...

Already put on oversized mounts and my twinwalls bro went up to a 51 in the rear and put on a ert2 chain as far as the suspension goes o just set my sag to 105 and adjusted a lil bit on the for FC recommendations and I'm pleased I fall right in the weight category where I should be not to heavy or light so a revalve right now would pretty much be useless lol and as for tires I got plenty lol was just asking a question as to what everyone prefed not asking if I NEED one or not..
Shannon ward
10/29/2015 9:56am
UpTiTe wrote:

This. Although if you're doing the exhaust (which I think most of us mortals do, because the stock stuff looks like hell) I'd go with FMF...
This. Although if you're doing the exhaust (which I think most of us mortals do, because the stock stuff looks like hell) I'd go with FMF. Both are great companies but from what I've experienced, FMF supports a lot of amateur racing and racers where as it was said before, PC is nowhere to be found.
Very true
DL
10/29/2015 10:16am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 10:16am
Here is a unsolicited post of a Team Green rider. I also offer Vital discounts. PM me if you're interested.

mxb2
10/29/2015 11:38am
UpTiTe wrote:

Already put on oversized mounts and my twinwalls bro went up to a 51 in the rear and put on a ert2 chain as far as...
Already put on oversized mounts and my twinwalls bro went up to a 51 in the rear and put on a ert2 chain as far as the suspension goes o just set my sag to 105 and adjusted a lil bit on the for FC recommendations and I'm pleased I fall right in the weight category where I should be not to heavy or light so a revalve right now would pretty much be useless lol and as for tires I got plenty lol was just asking a question as to what everyone prefed not asking if I NEED one or not..
lol funny how people tell others what they need and how to spend their own money sounded like a simple question to me.,, imo fmf for better low, mid, pc mid, top end power. I wonder if the people saying you dont need it , ever blow $$ on beer, cigs, gambling, going out to dinner, , other stuff ya dont need?
Shannon ward
10/29/2015 12:03pm
UpTiTe wrote:

Already put on oversized mounts and my twinwalls bro went up to a 51 in the rear and put on a ert2 chain as far as...
mxb2 wrote:
lol funny how people tell others what they need and how to spend their own money sounded like a simple question to me.,, imo fmf for...
lol funny how people tell others what they need and how to spend their own money sounded like a simple question to me.,, imo fmf for better low, mid, pc mid, top end power. I wonder if the people saying you dont need it , ever blow $$ on beer, cigs, gambling, going out to dinner, , other stuff ya dont need?
My thought exactly
DTHA70
10/29/2015 12:05pm
rocket or MRD
MXD
10/29/2015 12:21pm
I went FMF full (the blu Ti with carbon tip). My goal was to shave weight and look awesome. Performance wasn't that big of a deal to me. I saved almost 3.5 pounds and it does indeed look badass.
kiwifan
10/29/2015 12:21pm
I use Rocket, highly recommend it
49weasel
10/29/2015 12:25pm
I will no longer purchase FMF products. I have had several issue with slip-ons and currently can't get any help from their warranty department on a muffler that has maybe 4 hours on it. From here on out my money for exhaust will go to Bills or Rocket.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
10/29/2015 4:30pm
UpTiTe wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
lol funny how people tell others what they need and how to spend their own money sounded like a simple question to me.,, imo fmf for...
Beer? No. Cigs? No. Gambling? No. Going out to dinner? Yes it a must to keep my wife happy. $1200.00 exhaust system? Never.

If someone wants to spend twelve hundy on an exhaust because they think its look cool, go ahead. But doing it for bettrr performance is a horrible investment.
zehn
10/29/2015 4:33pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Beer? No. Cigs? No. Gambling? No. Going out to dinner? Yes it a must to keep my wife happy. $1200.00 exhaust system? Never. If someone wants...
Beer? No. Cigs? No. Gambling? No. Going out to dinner? Yes it a must to keep my wife happy. $1200.00 exhaust system? Never.

If someone wants to spend twelve hundy on an exhaust because they think its look cool, go ahead. But doing it for bettrr performance is a horrible investment.
Your username is perfect. You don't drink beer?
mxb2
10/29/2015 4:59pm
mxb2 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Beer? No. Cigs? No. Gambling? No. Going out to dinner? Yes it a must to keep my wife happy. $1200.00 exhaust system? Never. If someone wants...

4 dinners out, price of a ss full exhaust, his question was pc or fmf, not where to spend the $$Cool
Shannon ward
10/29/2015 5:13pm
1200 dang bro I'd be up uptite to lol if an exhaust was to cost me that much lol
10/29/2015 5:34pm
Shannon. When I quoted uptite before I wasn't trying to be the guy telling you what to do. I just thought it the blur of my day it sounded good.

Seriously though. You can get full Ti exhausts around here for 800 bucks, FMF or PC or whatever you want. 1200 bucks? That's way to much.
Shannon ward
10/29/2015 5:39pm
Shannon. When I quoted uptite before I wasn't trying to be the guy telling you what to do. I just thought it the blur of my...
Shannon. When I quoted uptite before I wasn't trying to be the guy telling you what to do. I just thought it the blur of my day it sounded good.

Seriously though. You can get full Ti exhausts around here for 800 bucks, FMF or PC or whatever you want. 1200 bucks? That's way to much.
Oh I know dude no worries I never thought that at all man but yeah that's the going rate on em round here 800 just choose your poison I've never had any exhaust that's ever cost me even close to 1200 bucks lol
10/30/2015 12:58am
1200 dang bro I'd be up uptite to lol if an exhaust was to cost me that much lol
I'm also thinking of an exhaust-upgrade to mine, and here the retail price for a Ti-6 PRO is 10400kr = $1220. Sad
Might go for an EP (small belgian firm) or Acra instead. Got until march when the '16 season starts to decide. Grinning
10/30/2015 6:59am
I'm also thinking of an exhaust-upgrade to mine, and here the retail price for a Ti-6 PRO is 10400kr = $1220. :( Might go for an...
I'm also thinking of an exhaust-upgrade to mine, and here the retail price for a Ti-6 PRO is 10400kr = $1220. Sad
Might go for an EP (small belgian firm) or Acra instead. Got until march when the '16 season starts to decide. Grinning
Any website for EP?
Magic Man
10/30/2015 7:56am
Bang for buck, Rocket!

10/30/2015 11:40am
Magic Man wrote:
Bang for buck, Rocket![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/30/109330/s1200_IMG_20150927_124318442_HDR.jpg[/img]
Bang for buck, Rocket!

i posted this on another thread, imo, these rocket exhausts are by far the best looking systems out their. i dont have a 4stroke and never owned a rocket exhaust, but they look alsome, not as bulky as the others
MOTORSPORTFOX
10/30/2015 12:14pm

I went with the FMF: great quality, support, looks, and performance

Post a reply to: FMF or PC??? 2016 kx450

The Latest