FMF Titanium Silencer

Micahdogg
8/28/2015 11:10pm
Not to rush to chadillacs defense, but this is vital. Since when does anyone "have" to back uo anything they say. And it is not routine for donny f'n emler to step up in a post. But that aside i am curious about the dyno. I will put up $100 to the caselli fund just to see the results. But even of the results are bad you have to stay loyal to rhe smoker!
Chadillac661
8/29/2015 12:56am
mb wrote:
Time to step up to the plate Chadillac.
Be patient fellas, I've had a really busy week. This shit-storm is not at the top of my priority list but I definitely want to respond.

I want to clear the air on a few things and set the Vitards straight:

1. First and foremost I want to apologize to Donny Emler Jr, Big D and the whole crew at FMF (might as well throw Ronnie Mac in there for good measure) Some of the things I posted here were out of line and I am sorry. My big mouth got the best of me, no excuses. I am a little too opinionated at times I will admit.

2. I want to apologize to GuyB as well. This is not the first time I have been an asshole on the Vital forum and stirred things up a bit and I appreciate the fact you have truly kept this an open, uncensored forum. Love your work on “PitBits” as well, best in the biz.

3. I never intended for this to turn into the shit-show it did, I was just venting but I couldn’t help but feel bad today about badmouthing a company that does more for the 2-stroke cause than all of the rest of the motocross industry combined. FMF really does, it’s a fact and the sport needs this.

4. I am posting this open apology because I want to and I feel things I said were not fair, not because I feel I need to. (I know the haters are going to have fun with this one)

5. To all of the Vitards out there that love to talk shit: KISS MY ASS. If you actually read the post (assuming you can) you will see what I actually posted here (and bet $1000 on) was in fact that part #1 weighs less than part #2 and that part #1 would dyno within ½ HP of part #2. There was no reference to a stock component (as pictured) All of you take this shit WAY too seriously before doing any research or even reading the post correctly for that matter.

6. The parts referenced are an FMF 2.1 Titanium silencer (part #1) and what appears to be a PC R304 silencer (part #2). I have access to a 3rd party dyno in San Diego county and I will be more than willing to do some dyno pulls involving both parts and I will stand by my claim and if in fact the larger silencer produces more than a ½ HP more on the dyno the foundation gets the dough. I am a man of my word. Same goes for the weight (on a 3rd party scale) Hell for that matter, let’s have a full-blown silencer shootout with all of the brands. I don’t have a horse in the race and therefore don’t give a shit either way.

7. If anyone else has the balls to publicly bet a grand on something so silly and actually back it up by all means reach out to me I might take the bet.

8. Last but not least, lets nominate the man below for president. At least we don’t have to worry about him “scrubbing” the server.

And he is solid on gun control issues.

Lighten up everyone and have a good weekend.

Outsider
8/29/2015 1:52am
mb wrote:
Be patient fellas, I've had a really busy week. This shit-storm is not at the top of my priority list but I definitely want to respond...
Be patient fellas, I've had a really busy week. This shit-storm is not at the top of my priority list but I definitely want to respond.

1. First and foremost I want to apologize to Donny Emler Jr, Big D and the whole crew at FMF (might as well throw Ronnie Mac in there for good measure) Some of the things I posted here were out of line and I am sorry. My big mouth got the best of me, no excuses. I am a little too opinionated at times I will admit.

2. I want to apologize to GuyB as well. This is not the first time I have been an asshole on the Vital forum and stirred things up a bit and I appreciate the fact you have truly kept this an open, uncensored forum. Love your work on “PitBits” as well, best in the biz.

3. I never intended for this to turn into the shit-show it did, I was just venting but I couldn’t help but feel bad today about badmouthing a company that does more for the 2-stroke cause than all of the rest of the motocross industry combined. FMF really does, it’s a fact and the sport needs this.

4. I am posting this open apology because I want to and I feel things I said were not fair, not because I feel I need to. (I know the haters are going to have fun with this one)

5. To all of the Vitards out there that love to talk shit: KISS MY ASS. If you actually read the post (assuming you can) you will see what I actually posted here (and bet $1000 on) was in fact that part #1 weighs less than part #2 and that part #1 would dyno within ½ HP of part #2. There was no reference to a stock component (as pictured) All of you take this shit WAY too seriously before doing any research or even reading the post correctly for that matter.

6. The parts referenced are an FMF 2.1 Titanium silencer (part #1) and what appears to be a PC R304 silencer (part #2). I have access to a 3rd party dyno in San Diego county and I will be more than willing to do some dyno pulls involving both parts and I will stand by my claim and if in fact the larger silencer produces more than a ½ HP more on the dyno the foundation gets the dough. I am a man of my word. Same goes for the weight (on a 3rd party scale) Hell for that matter, let’s have a full-blown silencer shootout with all of the brands. I don’t have a horse in the race and therefore don’t give a shit either way.

7. If anyone else has the balls to publicly bet a grand on something so silly and actually back it up by all means reach out to me I might take the bet.

8. Last but not least, lets nominate the man below for president. At least we don’t have to worry about him “scrubbing” the server.

Usually, when you apologize to someone(s), you don't call them retarded as many times as you can slip in during the "apology".. Kinda makes you look like the "vitard"...

But hey, it's late maybe I misunderstood... lol and hopefully a good foundation gets some cash out this 'tardedness

The Shop

Outsider
8/29/2015 3:01am
And you wonder why people call you a Vitard? Think about it.
I though about it.. you didn't call the recipients of the apology retarded and tell them to kiss your ass, just most everyone else... kudos on that, very well thought out and humble post Dry

8/29/2015 3:11am
HOLY SHIT DUDE!!!! Oh boy !!!!!! Well I'm just going to get something sorted before this really shifts gear.
8/29/2015 3:28am
Even bought my own! It's a great cause and one that can make this a hall of famer

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/29/2015 3:52am
mb wrote:
Be patient fellas, I've had a really busy week. This shit-storm is not at the top of my priority list but I definitely want to respond...

Outsider wrote:
Usually, when you apologize to someone(s), you don't call them retarded as many times as you can slip in during the "apology".. Kinda makes you look...
Usually, when you apologize to someone(s), you don't call them retarded as many times as you can slip in during the "apology".. Kinda makes you look like the "vitard"...

But hey, it's late maybe I misunderstood... lol and hopefully a good foundation gets some cash out this 'tardedness

KTMShane699
8/29/2015 4:22am
You made ZERO reference to part #2 being a Pro-Circuit R304 silencer. But I'm sure we have some people here who can get that weighed up for you, and I'm guessing the FMF titanium silencer is lighter still. Maybe GuyB or ML can get photos of the scale?

But to be fair, make sure they're for the same bike. Looks like you have a photo of a 250 titanium silencer and a 125 PC silencer. That alone may skew the results.

As far as the money for the KC Foundation goes, you tossed the offer out there in your first post on this thread. That was entirely your doing. Some people stepped up and called you on it. That's not their fault.

It's pretty awesome that Don Emler, Jr came into the thread. Is it typical to have a discussion on vital settled in such fashion? No. But this proves you never know who might be reading. And good on you for making a thread that got him involved on vital. Maybe we will see more from him?

Your "apology" was more of a "fuck you guys" than it was apology. You started the shit storm and blame everyone else for the way it went down. Hopefully GuyB or ML get you the photo proof you need as far as weights go and you make good on at least $1,000 of your offer. You know, being a man of your word and all.

Shane
rcannon
8/29/2015 7:39am
Two stroke silencers have been the same since 1970, or earlier. The last great change to them was when they started making them out of aluminum.

How could you be angry with anyone who tried a different idea? If the is bad, or too expensive, they will lose.

Krazyk2774
8/29/2015 10:04am
FMF makes great products at a reasonable price. I put a 4.1 on my EXC 500 and couldn't be happier, it's a lot lighter, let's it breath, and isn't much louder. Plus it's smaller and looks better! I didn't need it, but I have the cash and I wanted something different. Thanks to FMF for giving us a great product at a fair price!
8/29/2015 10:45am
In defense of chadillac661 he is no dummy when it comes to mx and has some extremely immpressive builds.
h&m_cycle
8/29/2015 12:07pm
Thanks for changing the title... We can all agree FMF supports the 2 stroke...

Post a reply to: FMF Titanium Silencer

The Latest