FMF 2017 Crf450R

UtahDesert78
Fantasy
3349th
Any word when they will be avalible.
|
HOD913
3/7/2017 9:57am
I gave up and got the Yosh. Same $ pretty much, finish is steller and been out for months.
tcallahan707
3/7/2017 2:39pm
I've called multiple times over the past 2 months. Keeps getting pushed back. Word this week was end of March.
UtahDesert78
Fantasy
3349th
3/7/2017 3:26pm
I've called multiple times over the past 2 months. Keeps getting pushed back. Word this week was end of March.
Last i heard it was the end of February might just go with a pro circuit.
NeedMoto
3/7/2017 3:43pm
The only consistency is, each time I call they keep changing the time frame Angry I'm moving onto a YoshWoohoo

The Shop

3/7/2017 4:15pm
I heard that they wasn't offering the single exhaust..that sucks if true..I want that 4lb weight reduction!
Daystar99
3/7/2017 5:59pm
I heard that they wasn't offering the single exhaust..that sucks if true..I want that 4lb weight reduction!
This is what I also want to know. The dual exhaust is just dumb engineering - I think someone at Honda is just too proud to admit that the benefit, if any, isn't close to being worth four pounds and is doubling down on the idea. I've been calling everywhere and apparently no one is going to make a right-side-only pipe. FMF kept saying they were thinking about it but last week someone there finally said that it wasn't going to happen. This could be a great opening for a smaller company like Rocket to get some sales.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
3/7/2017 6:16pm
Daystar99 wrote:
This is what I also want to know. The dual exhaust is just dumb engineering - I think someone at Honda is just too proud to...
This is what I also want to know. The dual exhaust is just dumb engineering - I think someone at Honda is just too proud to admit that the benefit, if any, isn't close to being worth four pounds and is doubling down on the idea. I've been calling everywhere and apparently no one is going to make a right-side-only pipe. FMF kept saying they were thinking about it but last week someone there finally said that it wasn't going to happen. This could be a great opening for a smaller company like Rocket to get some sales.
The dual has to do with keeping the bike quiet with 2 shorter mufflers and to keep the weight of them balanced and centralized. It's not dumb engineering. Whether it's needed and makes a difference than a single I don't know.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
3/7/2017 6:36pm
Daystar99 wrote:
This is what I also want to know. The dual exhaust is just dumb engineering - I think someone at Honda is just too proud to...
Myke wrote:
The dual has to do with keeping the bike quiet with 2 shorter mufflers and to keep the weight of them balanced and centralized. It's not...
The dual has to do with keeping the bike quiet with 2 shorter mufflers and to keep the weight of them balanced and centralized. It's not dumb engineering. Whether it's needed and makes a difference than a single I don't know.
I'm sure someone can make you a single side exhaust but I doubt you will have the same power and be a realistic sound.

9 times out of 10 there's a rhyme to the reason for these engineers.
mxb2
3/7/2017 6:46pm
Daystar99 wrote:
Myke wrote:
The dual has to do with keeping the bike quiet with 2 shorter mufflers and to keep the weight of them balanced and centralized. It's not...
I'm sure someone can make you a single side exhaust but I doubt you will have the same power and be a realistic sound. 9 times...
I'm sure someone can make you a single side exhaust but I doubt you will have the same power and be a realistic sound.

X2, or buy a different brand bike.
BobPA
3/7/2017 7:28pm
I'm sure someone can make you a single side exhaust but I doubt you will have the same power and be a realistic sound. 9 times...

If duals made more power don't you think the other OEM's would use it? I'm guessing they could not make it quiet enough with a single can...not a lot of room behind the number plate for a large can. And who wants a silencer that is 4 feet long.
kiwifan
3/7/2017 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2017 7:49pm

BobPA wrote:
If duals made more power don't you think the other OEM's would use it? I'm guessing they could not make it quiet enough with a single...
If duals made more power don't you think the other OEM's would use it? I'm guessing they could not make it quiet enough with a single can...not a lot of room behind the number plate for a large can. And who wants a silencer that is 4 feet long.
Perhaps the other bikes cannot be changed without massive redesign to cater for twin pipes? Just guessing there....I of course dont have access to each manufacturers thought process.

Its a very polarizing thing, you either loath them or hate them...but you can argue same thing for Yamahas intake noise/wide feel or KTM's plastic bolts or Suzuki's heaviness, etc there is always something about a brand that people dont like and cant get over and maybe wont get over no matter what as their loyalty is with another brand.

I mean I dont think it stops sales, would be pretty silly if someone (for example) says oh I wont buy that bike because has plastic bolts....actually fucking stupid
BobPA
3/7/2017 7:51pm
I hated Honda duals at first, but they have grown on me. I would probably hate them again if I had to buy an aftermarket set lol.
gpracer36
3/7/2017 8:08pm
ever heard the term silent majority? The few who don't like them don't own Hondas anyway. Most owners are happy with the twins. Its the Ktm/Yamaha guys who seem to be offended. Jealous maybe?
3/7/2017 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2017 10:33pm
Daystar99 wrote:
Myke wrote:
Yeah.. my new 17 is with out a doubt louder than my 14 with an fmf single...oh and 4 lbs heavier.. The centralization of mass with dual exhausts thing makes no sense when I noticed no difference in handling what so ever except the fact that I did actually feel the 4lbs reduced Weight with the single which allowed my bike to handle even better...everywhere.
3/7/2017 10:38pm

BobPA wrote:
If duals made more power don't you think the other OEM's would use it? I'm guessing they could not make it quiet enough with a single...
Different year honda, but i think the single is quite attractive. Imagine something similar to that on the 17...I'll take it!.

3/7/2017 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2017 10:50pm
The secretary at Dubach racing told me they were looking at making a single for the 17..said they're engendered were in the process of trying to utilize a single rite now...for what it's worth! If they/whoever makes one...I'm buying and I don't care if it dosnt makes one iota of power more or is loud as fuck...I'll buy it for the weight reduction and nothing else...how much ti you gotta buy/spend to loose 4lbs?
Fraser
3/8/2017 5:31am
If a single needs to be twice as long to hit the sound limits, I doubt it's going to save 4 pounds? The Yoshi is a work of art, and as the fit them to factory hondas and had access to the 17 way before anyone else there's a good chance they got it about right.

tcallahan707
3/8/2017 6:40am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2017 6:41am
I had the single on my 15. Lighter, more power, and cheaper. I did leave the stock side panel on because I like the symmetry of the bike, as well as having something to grip with my left leg. With that being said, I'm fine with the duals on the 17, they seem more tucked away and protected. FMF makes a fantastic product and I'm ok waiting for it. They would rather make sure it's right than release something that isn't up to their (and my) standard. Good for them for sticking to that instead of trying to appease customers in this "I need instant gratification" world.
mxb2
3/8/2017 6:46am
gpracer36 wrote:
ever heard the term silent majority? The few who don't like them don't own Hondas anyway. Most owners are happy with the twins. Its the Ktm/Yamaha...
ever heard the term silent majority? The few who don't like them don't own Hondas anyway. Most owners are happy with the twins. Its the Ktm/Yamaha guys who seem to be offended. Jealous maybe?
Yea, lol, why buy a crf knowing it has duals, and no single exhaust available, then complain.
gpracer36
3/8/2017 7:17am
gpracer36 wrote:
ever heard the term silent majority? The few who don't like them don't own Hondas anyway. Most owners are happy with the twins. Its the Ktm/Yamaha...
mxb2 wrote:
Yea, lol, why buy a crf knowing it has duals, and no single exhaust available, then complain.
what's even funnier is guys who think it makes a difference. Yes, it is lighter, but your full of shit if you say you can tell. Even if you can, if you think that you ride faster because of it, you full of it. Top level riders, KROC for example, would be running a single if it made him faster. Just like he is/was currently running air forks and not production spring, Because he was faster on them. If it gave him any edge at all they would run a single, not the production duel. If you don't like duel, don't buy a Honda. How hard is that? Just like I don't like air forks, so I bought a bike with spring forks, end of story. If you don't like the color green, then why buy a Kawi and then complain that green sucks. I could go on and on.
Honda production bikes come with duel exhaust. KTM's come with air forks. Yamaha's are wide. Suzuki's are heavy, ect...
mxb2
3/8/2017 7:20am
gpracer36 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
gpracer36 wrote:
what's even funnier is guys who think it makes a difference. Yes, it is lighter, but your full of shit if you say you can tell...
what's even funnier is guys who think it makes a difference. Yes, it is lighter, but your full of shit if you say you can tell. Even if you can, if you think that you ride faster because of it, you full of it. Top level riders, KROC for example, would be running a single if it made him faster. Just like he is/was currently running air forks and not production spring, Because he was faster on them. If it gave him any edge at all they would run a single, not the production duel. If you don't like duel, don't buy a Honda. How hard is that? Just like I don't like air forks, so I bought a bike with spring forks, end of story. If you don't like the color green, then why buy a Kawi and then complain that green sucks. I could go on and on.
Honda production bikes come with duel exhaust. KTM's come with air forks. Yamaha's are wide. Suzuki's are heavy, ect...
Winner, winner., Spot on.
Mx814
3/8/2017 2:17pm
How does your 17 compare to your older crf?
3/8/2017 4:12pm
gpracer36 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
gpracer36 wrote:
what's even funnier is guys who think it makes a difference. Yes, it is lighter, but your full of shit if you say you can tell...
Not a matter of riding faster bro..it's a matter of making my bike the best it can be or shall I say...the best I can Make it..and yes I could tell the 4lb difference...it was noticeable to me.
3/8/2017 4:13pm
Mx814 wrote:
How does your 17 compare to your older crf?
It's better in every way...no comparison...except it is 4lbs heavier
tcallahan707
3/8/2017 5:35pm
Is it 4lbs from stock? How much lighter is the single from dual titanium FMF pipes? Because you still have the option to reduce the weight.

Post a reply to: FMF 2017 Crf450R

The Latest