FIRST GOOD WRECK AT GOPHER DUNES AND DYLAN WRIGHT>

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2018 8:49 PM

So as some of you know im from Canada and last 3-4 weeks ive been going to Gopher Dunes to practice on my RM250. Finally got the balls Monday to hit the track for 3 20min rides. First couple laps was a complete goon nervous and stalled the bike first corner smile but after a while it all started coming back been a long time and was riding awesome (controlled but felt great) my last lap before leaving I took a hard spill my first on the bike smashed my whole side and jacked up my neck pretty good in 3rd gear tapped got cross rutted. Was a fucking amazing experierence although i wrecked. Never had so much fun in my life. LOVE motocross and glad i had the balls to try the track at least.

ON A SIDE NOTE> i got to watch a Canadian pro Dylan Wright 12 run the new arena cross track they have. I was totally amazed man this kid is fast. Anyone hear about this kid. I was so beyond impressed. Im sure he wouldnt stack up against most guys in the US u guys are above and beyond but i feel like the kid has a bright future. He was hauling the freaking mail and very very fast and consistent. Props to the kid hes a honda GDR guy i came to find out. Imagine that was ur life. Riding bikes everyday. god im jealous.

smile

|

9/4/2018 9:43 PM

Dylan is from the Ottawa region and grew up riding Sand Del Lee. Saw him go from riding 85's to where he is now and it's great to see the success he's had.

He's fast but unfortunately tip overs and crashes is what's kept him from winning a 250 title. He might be moving up to the 450's next year so who knows how that'll go. He apparently likes riding the 450 better. He's still young and improving. It might take a couple of years to get used to the 450 but once he gets the hang of it I think he's got the potential to ride near the front.

The Medaglia brothers are also from the Ottawa region and grew up riding Sand Del Lee as well. Tyler has 2 250 titles, an AMA West 250 arenacross title, finished 4th in the 450 class this year and recently got a 6th overall at the Ironman finale. He also represented Team Canada at the MXdN 5 or 6 times. Last year he also got to represent Canada at the ISDE in France before going over to England for the MXdN.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/4/2018 10:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 10:47 PM

He was riding the 450 on the new arenacross track this weekend but im sure he is just practicing and getting better. Him and Faciotti seem very humble. Dylan had quite the crowd out there and was riding very comfortable on the 450.

It is truly something else watching the pros compared to the "fast" amateur guys i see there every week. At his young age if he could be more consistent as i see he crashes out a lot and some unfortanate bad breaks *(riders taking him out* he may have a decent shot when he moves up to the big bikes. the speed is there maybe he just needs a bit more time.

id love to see the megadalia brothers shredding it up. seems like quite a bit of talent in our neck of the woods considering! When will i catch u ripping it up at GD smile put on a school and teach us humble master smile

|

9/4/2018 10:54 PM

Won't catch me riding anytime soon unless science has a major breakthrough with SCI. Had an accident riding several years back that's left me paralyzed.

Still love moto though. I always tell people that if I could get out of bed tomorrow and walk, one of the first things I would do is go buy a new bike. Some ask why and it's hard to explain unless you've been on a bike. There really is nothing like it.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/4/2018 11:09 PM

I took a long time off myself due to self inflicted bullshit but ur right the love for moto never dies it may have fell back in my priority list but its either in you or its not. regardless if u can ride physically or financially. People that have never expierenced that would not understand!

|