FIM interview - Team Puerto Rico

BobKerr
8/21/2018 10:49am
What the hell did Jimmy Albertson do at Budds Creek that has created all this noise?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/21/2018 10:53am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 10:53am
Glad to know there are some sensible people in the world of motocross. I like Travis Pastrana but he wasn't very smart to include "Jimmy Mac"...
Glad to know there are some sensible people in the world of motocross. I like Travis Pastrana but he wasn't very smart to include "Jimmy Mac" on the initial roster and promotional activities. Frankly, it was shockingly boneheaded for someone who is so adept at personal PR and brand building.
Well according to the Albertson camp, it was his idea from the start. Probably why it was hard/awkward to exclude him.
APLMAN99
8/21/2018 12:18pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'm sorry, maybe it is the translation, but these interviews from MXLarge always seem so crappy and scripted. I can't take them seriously. As far as...
I'm sorry, maybe it is the translation, but these interviews from MXLarge always seem so crappy and scripted. I can't take them seriously.

As far as the speed difference, I mentioned that in another thread the other day, but if you remove the slower guys you are down to US vs Europe. Just another GP with a 3 Americans sprinkled in there. I don't see how they could change it and still keep the smaller countries involved.
"Translation" is probably being very generous. I truly believe that if you had access to the audios of Jiff's 'interviews' and compared those to what he actually writes, you wouldn't recognize that they are supposed to be the same thing........
OldYZRider1
8/21/2018 12:20pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Had the Japanese rider been looking ahead instead of at his front wheel it could have been avoided as well. Can't put all the blame on...
Had the Japanese rider been looking ahead instead of at his front wheel it could have been avoided as well. Can't put all the blame on Ando. He was ahead of the Japanese rider, was he not?

It was an accident. Simple as that. Besides, how many times have we seen racers roll the finish when getting the checkered flag?
RG1 wrote:
He was ahead, but the take off to the finish is basically blind until you round the corner. There's no way the Japanese rider could have...
He was ahead, but the take off to the finish is basically blind until you round the corner. There's no way the Japanese rider could have seen him roll. There was advertising boards all the way down the straight blocking the view. Which is probably another thing that needs addressing
I agree with this. I know when I watched the race I instantly "clinched" when I saw Anderson back off and roll the finish like he did. Unfortunately he got hit and fortunately he didn't suffer a more serious injury. Your always taught to "race to the finish". I felt bad for Anderson; wins the biggest race of his career (up till then) and get coldcocked before he can even enjoy it Smile .

The Shop

BR8ES
8/21/2018 12:22pm
so much for being a well thought out plan long before going public.... I can see where the naysayers are coming from.
JM485
8/21/2018 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 12:39pm
Lame. I was legitimately stoked to see this team happen.

Edit: Edited my post based on what I read in another thread, sounds like they had the rug pulled out from under them and some promises weren’t kept on the FIM’s side. If what Travis posted is true this is seriously beyond lame, the people at the top of this sport need to get a grip and realize how inconsequential they really are in this world.
JTM5427
8/21/2018 12:53pm
BobKerr wrote:
What the hell did Jimmy Albertson do at Budds Creek that has created all this noise?
I know the MD State Police were there Saturday night after a party got out of control and someone discharged a weapon into the air, not sure if there was any correlation between the two or not or if Jimmy was even there but that was the only incident I heard of that happened at the track this weekend.
NateDawg
8/21/2018 1:07pm
RG1 wrote:
That's crazy to me that he said that. We're talking about someone who got lapped on the last lap of a 30+2 Moto. That's no slouch...
That's crazy to me that he said that. We're talking about someone who got lapped on the last lap of a 30+2 Moto. That's no slouch. Simple fact is that the crash never happens if Anderson doesn't roll the finish on the racing line. To blame the Japanese guy for that crash is BS
BobPA wrote:
If it were Kenny who got landed on, you would be demanding the Japanese bro's head on a platter...
RG1 wrote:
Absolutely not. No chance. If Anderson doesn't roll the finish, it doesn't happen. Simple as that, the same applies whoever the rider
Anderson is the leader, he can roll whatever the fuck he wants.
mx_563
8/21/2018 1:08pm
Jimmy should've taken the Mike Guerra deal at Loretta's.
peelout
8/21/2018 2:24pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Had the Japanese rider been looking ahead instead of at his front wheel it could have been avoided as well. Can't put all the blame on...
Had the Japanese rider been looking ahead instead of at his front wheel it could have been avoided as well. Can't put all the blame on Ando. He was ahead of the Japanese rider, was he not?

It was an accident. Simple as that. Besides, how many times have we seen racers roll the finish when getting the checkered flag?
I ride a road bike (bicycle) on group rides. It's a dangerous hobby. Every now and then someone has a mechanical issue (usually a tire), and...
I ride a road bike (bicycle) on group rides. It's a dangerous hobby. Every now and then someone has a mechanical issue (usually a tire), and the whole group comes to a stop. If we're right around a bend or just over a brow, we pick our shit up and move down the road until we offer a better sightline.

You do not hover in an area where traffic can't see you at a reasonable distance. It's not that complicated.
WAT
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/21/2018 2:27pm
BobPA wrote:
If it were Kenny who got landed on, you would be demanding the Japanese bro's head on a platter...
RG1 wrote:
Absolutely not. No chance. If Anderson doesn't roll the finish, it doesn't happen. Simple as that, the same applies whoever the rider
NateDawg wrote:
That's how I see it. If you are behind someone, you are at their mercy. They have the right to jump or not jump and it is your responsibility to pay attention to what happens in front of you. Would it not be the same if I landed on a kid on a 65 or 85? Kids fault for not jumping or mine for not looking far enough ahead to see what was coming up?
RG1
8/21/2018 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 2:39pm
BobPA wrote:
RG1 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Of course he can, if he wants to risk getting landed on
RG1
8/21/2018 2:40pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
That's how I see it. If you are behind someone, you are at their mercy. They have the right to jump or not jump and it...
That's how I see it. If you are behind someone, you are at their mercy. They have the right to jump or not jump and it is your responsibility to pay attention to what happens in front of you. Would it not be the same if I landed on a kid on a 65 or 85? Kids fault for not jumping or mine for not looking far enough ahead to see what was coming up?
That would be the case if he was literally right behind him. He wasn't. He couldn't see him. At the end of the day there is absolutely no chance at all that the crash happens of Anderson jumps
Bearuno
8/21/2018 2:49pm
BobPA wrote:
RG1 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
If he wants to risk getting landed on whilst rolling a jump, on the racing line, that is in a blind spot, whilst the other 39 riders are still racing, well, yes.

Lucky not to be seriously injured / killed, was Anderson.

Skillington usually comes across as bloke a bit above the Luongo / Srb etc group, but I think he just might be settling into their 'ways'..... The Anderson incident was nothing to do with vastly different talent / speed levels.

I did like his questioning that drongo interviewers thinking. Geoff's a right dickhead, and listening to his interviews are painful in how bloody gormless and Luongo Loving he is.

A simple solution is timed training / qualification. Sort out the 'just attending' from the faster people.

If it then means separate qualifying races, or a 'C' final, so be it. The GPs often have many races over a weekend, and it would be still far lighter a schedule for the MXDN / MXON.

NateDawg
8/21/2018 6:52pm
RG1 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
If he wants to risk getting landed on whilst rolling a jump, on the racing line, that is in a blind spot, whilst the other 39...
If he wants to risk getting landed on whilst rolling a jump, on the racing line, that is in a blind spot, whilst the other 39 riders are still racing, well, yes.

Skillington usually comes across as bloke a bit above the Luongo / Srb etc group, but I think he just might be settling into their 'ways'..... The Anderson incident was nothing to do with vastly different talent / speed levels.

I did like his questioning that drongo interviewers thinking. Geoff's a right dickhead, and listening to his interviews are painful in how bloody gormless and Luongo Loving he is.

A simple solution is timed training / qualification. Sort out the 'just attending' from the faster people.

If it then means separate qualifying races, or a 'C' final, so be it. The GPs often have many races over a weekend, and it would be still far lighter a schedule for the MXDN / MXON.

The race was over...dumbass
Jerkolantern
8/21/2018 11:06pm
HenryA wrote:
".... that we are mixing phenomenally fast riders with phenomenally slow riders......We saw what happened with the Japanese guy at Maggiora (with Jason Anderson)" This can't...
".... that we are mixing phenomenally fast riders with phenomenally slow riders......We saw what happened with the Japanese guy at Maggiora (with Jason Anderson)"

This can't be real Huh
RG1 wrote:
That's crazy to me that he said that. We're talking about someone who got lapped on the last lap of a 30+2 Moto. That's no slouch...
That's crazy to me that he said that. We're talking about someone who got lapped on the last lap of a 30+2 Moto. That's no slouch. Simple fact is that the crash never happens if Anderson doesn't roll the finish on the racing line. To blame the Japanese guy for that crash is BS
500guy wrote:
I would just say both riders were at fault and chalk it up to just a bad accident. Hell it's not like the GP's don't deal...
I would just say both riders were at fault and chalk it up to just a bad accident.

Hell it's not like the GP's don't deal with extremely slow riders every week.
WoohooWoohooWoohoo
8/21/2018 11:32pm
I think Geoff "I kiss Luongo's ass for a dime" Meyer even spoke to Skillington. The whole story was probably made up, like all his 'stories' and 'interviews' It's all about the Geoff Meyer show as always....

"MXlarge: No, USA vs Europe vs Rest of the World, or is that too much of a change for the des Nations?

Skillington: Well, it’s the first time I have heard such a thing, and I need to get my head around it and it isn’t on my radar, and I can’t pull apart the wisdom of Geoff Meyer. I don’t know if it’s a great idea, or a bad idea, I don’t know. It could have legs down the road, but I don’t know."
newmann
8/22/2018 6:30am
NateDawg wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
If he wants to risk getting landed on whilst rolling a jump, on the racing line, that is in a blind spot, whilst the other 39...

NateDawg wrote:
Not when there is the possibility of a race going on behind you. I’ve been the guy racing to the finish, launching the finish line table bar to bar with another guy only to find some dumbass stopping to exit the track off the side of the tabletop instead of following through to a proper exit point. Yes, he got landed on and yes I got to go cartwheeling down the track.
NateDawg
8/22/2018 6:52am
Bearuno wrote:

NateDawg wrote:
newmann wrote:
Not when there is the possibility of a race going on behind you. I’ve been the guy racing to the finish, launching the finish line table...
Not when there is the possibility of a race going on behind you. I’ve been the guy racing to the finish, launching the finish line table bar to bar with another guy only to find some dumbass stopping to exit the track off the side of the tabletop instead of following through to a proper exit point. Yes, he got landed on and yes I got to go cartwheeling down the track.
Was the guy who landed on Jason racing with anyone to the finish line? No, he wasn't. He saw Anderson go by while getting lapped and he saw the checkered flag before he crossed it. No excuse.

I can't believe I'm having to say this on an MX forum, but 99% of the time when someone gets landed on it's the person behind that is at fault. In every single form of racing the leader has the right of way on the track and the person behind must account for that.
RG1
8/22/2018 7:02am
NateDawg wrote:
newmann wrote:
Not when there is the possibility of a race going on behind you. I’ve been the guy racing to the finish, launching the finish line table...
NateDawg wrote:
Was the guy who landed on Jason racing with anyone to the finish line? No, he wasn't. He saw Anderson go by while getting lapped and...
Was the guy who landed on Jason racing with anyone to the finish line? No, he wasn't. He saw Anderson go by while getting lapped and he saw the checkered flag before he crossed it. No excuse.

I can't believe I'm having to say this on an MX forum, but 99% of the time when someone gets landed on it's the person behind that is at fault. In every single form of racing the leader has the right of way on the track and the person behind must account for that.
Yes he was racing somebody. Alvin Ostlund only finished a second behind him. I don't know how much clearer you can make it, if Anderson jumps the finish, he doesn't get landed on. Simple as that. You can say that 99% of the time it's the guy behinds fault, but this accident is in that other 1%. There are circumstances that make it difficult to blame Notsuka. He was in his own battle, and completely blind to what Anderson was doing. I walked down the straight before the finish straight after the last race to get to the podium. You can't see the finish line jump
Robgvx
8/22/2018 7:06am
newmann wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Was the guy who landed on Jason racing with anyone to the finish line? No, he wasn't. He saw Anderson go by while getting lapped and...

RG1 wrote:
Yes he was racing somebody. Alvin Ostlund only finished a second behind him. I don't know how much clearer you can make it, if Anderson jumps...
Yes he was racing somebody. Alvin Ostlund only finished a second behind him. I don't know how much clearer you can make it, if Anderson jumps the finish, he doesn't get landed on. Simple as that. You can say that 99% of the time it's the guy behinds fault, but this accident is in that other 1%. There are circumstances that make it difficult to blame Notsuka. He was in his own battle, and completely blind to what Anderson was doing. I walked down the straight before the finish straight after the last race to get to the podium. You can't see the finish line jump
I wonder whether Jason thinks it was a good idea to roll it?
RG1
8/22/2018 7:09am
NateDawg wrote:

RG1 wrote:
Yes he was racing somebody. Alvin Ostlund only finished a second behind him. I don't know how much clearer you can make it, if Anderson jumps...
Robgvx wrote:
I wonder whether Jason thinks it was a good idea to roll it?
I'm gonna go with no.
kkawboy14
8/22/2018 7:27am
A hurricane destroyed Puerto Rico......
motogrady
8/22/2018 7:36am

I remember that.
It was a racing incident imo.
Anderson maybe didn't realize, in the heat of the moment after a great run, what was going on behind him.
Likewise, the guys battling it out had their own thing going.
Who's thinking the guy ahead is just gonna pull up when you're pumping adrenaline big time?

Distilled, Jason's fault for assuming the whole field is gonna turn it off like a light switch.
Other venues, racing wise, both car and bike, have a cool down lap just for this kind of thing.

And yeah, the guy in front pretty much has sway.
But, if you're crossjumping, or brake checking, or just pulling up while others are wfo behind you, and you get creamed,
hey, that's the real world.

To think it isn't, heck, that's a dumbass.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/22/2018 7:39am
So what happened at Budds Creek?
peelout
8/22/2018 8:07am
GrapeApe wrote:
So what happened at Budds Creek?

c0ncEpT
8/22/2018 8:36am
JTM5427 wrote:
I know the MD State Police were there Saturday night after a party got out of control and someone discharged a weapon into the air, not...
I know the MD State Police were there Saturday night after a party got out of control and someone discharged a weapon into the air, not sure if there was any correlation between the two or not or if Jimmy was even there but that was the only incident I heard of that happened at the track this weekend.
Everyone enjoys a good desk pop from time to time.
MelonFan123
8/22/2018 8:46am
BobKerr wrote:
I think they were referring to Unadilla in that interview.

Supposedly some late night shenanigans coming from the Team PR camp added flames to an already unhappy camp fire. Sorry for the cheesy pun

Post a reply to: FIM interview - Team Puerto Rico

The Latest