FIM controversial decision about Russia ?

Edited Date/Time 3/25/2022 8:21pm
Heard FIM decides to ban all the russian riders from it's championship. Therefore, riders like Vsevolod Brylyakov don't have the right to compete in the world championship now.
|
DeStouwer
3/5/2022 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 2:23pm
Ridiculous. Brylyakov raced without a problem today, but is denied to race tomorrow and the rest of the GP's. I don't see the point in this. What does he have to do with what happens in Ukraine?
Hi Side
3/5/2022 2:25pm
Gravel wrote:
Good.

F Russia.
I agree with "F Russia" but I disagree with the blanket punishment of all Russians. I'm all for laying the lumber to Putin's ass and all his followers but not every Russian should be punished.
SEEMEFIRST
3/5/2022 2:26pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Ridiculous. Brylyakov raced without a problem today, but is denied to race tomorrow and the rest of the GP's. I don't see the point in this...
Ridiculous. Brylyakov raced without a problem today, but is denied to race tomorrow and the rest of the GP's. I don't see the point in this. What does he have to do with what happens in Ukraine?
It does help fight the Russian propaganda machine when people start asking why their favorite racers and sports teams are no longer able to compete.

The Shop

Gravel
3/5/2022 2:26pm
Allowing Russian athletes to perform normalizes Russia on the world stage. Putin is a tyrannical asshole and should be denied any opportunity to appear normal or reasonable.
3/5/2022 2:31pm
This type of discrimination feels very similar to racism to me.

It's now okay to deny opportunities to people based upon where they were born.
tek14
3/5/2022 2:33pm
WTF is controversial about it? Stop Putins invasion to independent country and you are back in real world again. Until then stay in Russia.
DeStouwer
3/5/2022 2:38pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Ridiculous. Brylyakov raced without a problem today, but is denied to race tomorrow and the rest of the GP's. I don't see the point in this...
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
It does help fight the Russian propaganda machine when people start asking why their favorite racers and sports teams are no longer able to compete.
Bullshit. They're punishing innocent athletes at random who've got zero interference with the war. Athletes who are training day in day out to achieve their goals and dreams, see their careers broken and shattered. Maybe permanently.

When Putin was waving his rubels to achieve te organisation of the Olympic Wintergames in Sochi and the football World Cup, it wasn't a problem at all for the worldleaders and the big sport associations. And back then he already was a tyrant, but it didn't effect the rest of the world, so it was all okay for them then. Hypocrits.
FlaNard
3/5/2022 2:43pm
The government is not the people. More so in a place like Russia than most since we all know how elections run there. Let them race.
Gravel
3/5/2022 2:44pm
DeStouwer wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
Bullshit. They're punishing innocent athletes at random who've got zero interference with the war. Athletes who are training day in day out to achieve their goals...
Bullshit. They're punishing innocent athletes at random who've got zero interference with the war. Athletes who are training day in day out to achieve their goals and dreams, see their careers broken and shattered. Maybe permanently.

When Putin was waving his rubels to achieve te organisation of the Olympic Wintergames in Sochi and the football World Cup, it wasn't a problem at all for the worldleaders and the big sport associations. And back then he already was a tyrant, but it didn't effect the rest of the world, so it was all okay for them then. Hypocrits.
Russia and their PED program probably should have been booted from the Olympic Games too. But that was before Putin invaded their neighbors, so things have changed, substantially, in the last week.

Have you watched Icharus? It’s a good view into Russian athletics, although I’m not saying the US teams couldn’t be doing similar things. The US just haven’t been caught as often yet.
mx313
3/5/2022 2:45pm
So many ppl say politics shouldn't be involved in sports. And this is the perfect example.
It's not the athletes fault where they are born.
So unless they are supporting the Russian attack or using Russian corporations to support them financially. They should be allowed to compete. Make them have no Russian flags or whatever.
teamddr
3/5/2022 2:46pm
What about A reprieve for all athletes condemning the war.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/5/2022 2:47pm
The guys/girls have no control over where they were born, but let's ban them.

Makes sense.
3/5/2022 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 2:52pm
FIM? Every sport and organization is doing this, it would be controversial if that FIM did NOT make this move.
3/5/2022 2:52pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The guys/girls have no control over where they were born, but let's ban them.

Makes sense.
What about the cats? Did anyone consider how this will effect the Cats?SillySilly

Gravel
3/5/2022 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 2:53pm
teamddr wrote:
How do you think condemning Putin’s war would work out for an athlete? They would be on the front lines the next week. Or they would simply disappear. Putin wouldn’t put up with that..

Don’t think for a minute that I don’t feel sympathetic to the athletes
nytsmaC
3/5/2022 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 2:54pm
teamddr wrote:
That’s a slippery slope too. So now they would have to condemn their home land? I doubt these athletes care about politics, let’s not force them to pretend to just because it will make some people feel warm and fuzzy.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/5/2022 2:58pm
1911 wrote:
What about the cats? Did anyone consider how this will effect the Cats?:silly: :silly: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/05/536653/s1200_FE558FD2_356B_4A43_B350_8E4EB002538B.jpg[/img]
What about the cats? Did anyone consider how this will effect the Cats?SillySilly

Forge the documents. Problem solved. Grinning
Johnny Ringo
3/5/2022 3:00pm
Sorry but punishing people for where they are born is horseshit. They have nothing to do with that asshole Putin
jtiger12
3/5/2022 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 3:04pm
We need to do everything we can to shut this down. If Russian athletes are affected, so what. You guys are a bunch of pansies. Fuck Russia. And fuck all you trump fanboys. Trump would suck Putin's dick if he unzipped his fly.
nytsmaC
3/5/2022 3:04pm
jtiger12 wrote:
We need to do everything we can to shut this down. If Russian athletes are affected, so what. You guys are a bunch of pansies. Fuck...
We need to do everything we can to shut this down. If Russian athletes are affected, so what. You guys are a bunch of pansies. Fuck Russia. And fuck all you trump fanboys. Trump would suck Putin's dick if he unzipped his fly.
#triggered
nytsmaC
3/5/2022 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 3:06pm
jtiger12 wrote:
We need to do everything we can to shut this down. If Russian athletes are affected, so what. You guys are a bunch of pansies. Fuck...
Spoken like someone who has never faced oppression. Fuck Russian athletes? Why, because you decided that their rights don’t matter? Anything in the name of the greater good, right?
Johnny Ringo
3/5/2022 3:06pm
jtiger12 wrote:
Yes, banning a motocross racer is going to shut it down. Are you that dense?
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
3/5/2022 3:12pm
Sorry but punishing people for where they are born is horseshit. They have nothing to do with that asshole Putin
So life should just go on as normal? Imagine Russian state tv telling its people how x athlete won a FIM mx race or got a gold at the Paralympics so how could there be a war going on? They still can’t perform under their flag at the Olympics because they’re so crooked with doping.
3/5/2022 3:13pm
Given the state of play I would say most Russian athletes or expats would condem Putin if there were to be no life and death conciquenses.
teamddr
3/5/2022 3:15pm
teamddr wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
That’s a slippery slope too. So now they would have to condemn their home land? I doubt these athletes care about politics, let’s not force them...
That’s a slippery slope too. So now they would have to condemn their home land? I doubt these athletes care about politics, let’s not force them to pretend to just because it will make some people feel warm and fuzzy.
Well Gary Kasparov has been ripping into Putin all week. If you where a Russian athlete would you want to live under a regime like that or stay abroad to that animal meets an end like Stalin did. Plenty of Russian people condemning the war.
RaceFace58
3/5/2022 3:15pm
Oh well. A Ukrainian who was just happened to be born in the wrong country just died at the hands of the Russian military. He/she had no involvement in the war. But let’s worry about the plight of a Russian not being able to race motorcycles.
nytsmaC
3/5/2022 3:17pm
jjavaman wrote:
So life should just go on as normal? Imagine Russian state tv telling its people how x athlete won a FIM mx race or got a...
So life should just go on as normal? Imagine Russian state tv telling its people how x athlete won a FIM mx race or got a gold at the Paralympics so how could there be a war going on? They still can’t perform under their flag at the Olympics because they’re so crooked with doping.
So we’re going to draw a line where it’s okay to discriminate?

Who’s in charge of setting or adjusting that line?

It’s not a good idea, for very obvious reasons.
Tank_Slapper
3/5/2022 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 3:17pm
RaceFace58 wrote:
Oh well. A Ukrainian who was just happened to be born in the wrong country just died at the hands of the Russian military. He/she had...
Oh well. A Ukrainian who was just happened to be born in the wrong country just died at the hands of the Russian military. He/she had no involvement in the war. But let’s worry about the plight of a Russian not being able to race motorcycles.
Best post in the thread
mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
3/5/2022 3:18pm
I just wonder how many people would change their opinion if he by chance won and waved a big Russian flag stop the podium?

Post a reply to: FIM controversial decision about Russia ?

The Latest