FELD you failed the fans and racers @ Motofest

2/23/2017 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2017 12:57pm
peelout wrote:
how often would you say you check the torque on your sprocket bolts? also, if you had to torque down to 40psi, but only had a...
how often would you say you check the torque on your sprocket bolts?

also, if you had to torque down to 40psi, but only had a wrench that did a max of 20psi, do you torque it at 20psi twice?
At most biennially, sometimes less.
best at 10 psi 4 times. Tongue
akillerwombat
2/23/2017 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2017 1:20pm
rrjr wrote:
You say the SX riders who [i] are lower guys fighting to make the night show in qualifying [/i]are the one who would be most hurt...
You say the SX riders who are lower guys fighting to make the night show in qualifying are the one who would be most hurt by allowing the AX riders to race SX. This because of the "guy next to you has already thrown down 100 laps on it." advantage.

If they were allowed to race both AX and SX then those disadvantaged riders who are fighting to make the night show in SX could mitigate that advantage by racing the AX event and getting those extra 100 laps.

But then it becomes an issue with contracts and risk vs reward. It would be less risky for the AX guys to run their event Friday and then try to qualify for the SX than for the SX guys to run a race in a series they are not participating in the day before their actual points based event.

I'd love to see them use Friday morning to run all of the qualifying for both SX / AX and turn Saturday qualifying into a few practice sessions / dash for cash fun races with no effects on points. People who qualified (and raced) AX would have for sure have more track time going into Saturday but they would of had to at least qualified with people who were seeing the track for the first time as well.
2/23/2017 6:26pm
JustMX wrote:
I think some.of you haven't "aledgidley" ever read an ama rule.book for pro racing
There is nothing in Section 3 - Licenses, Eligibility, Entries, and credentials of the 2017 AMA Supercross Rulebook that would prohibit a rider from racing both events.
JM485
2/23/2017 6:41pm
I'm a full time Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Iowa. Safe to say there is no riding during the week. Although, the way you...
I'm a full time Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Iowa. Safe to say there is no riding during the week. Although, the way you stated it does sound quite dreamy!
Nice, I'm a ME student as well. Good luck this weekend, hope you have an awesome time!

The Shop

rrjr
2/23/2017 7:42pm
rrjr wrote:
You say the SX riders who [i] are lower guys fighting to make the night show in qualifying [/i]are the one who would be most hurt...
You say the SX riders who are lower guys fighting to make the night show in qualifying are the one who would be most hurt by allowing the AX riders to race SX. This because of the "guy next to you has already thrown down 100 laps on it." advantage.

If they were allowed to race both AX and SX then those disadvantaged riders who are fighting to make the night show in SX could mitigate that advantage by racing the AX event and getting those extra 100 laps.

But then it becomes an issue with contracts and risk vs reward. It would be less risky for the AX guys to run their event Friday...
But then it becomes an issue with contracts and risk vs reward. It would be less risky for the AX guys to run their event Friday and then try to qualify for the SX than for the SX guys to run a race in a series they are not participating in the day before their actual points based event.

I'd love to see them use Friday morning to run all of the qualifying for both SX / AX and turn Saturday qualifying into a few practice sessions / dash for cash fun races with no effects on points. People who qualified (and raced) AX would have for sure have more track time going into Saturday but they would of had to at least qualified with people who were seeing the track for the first time as well.
The guys who are fighting to make the night show in SX are not worried about points. If they wanted the extra track time by racing the AX race they should be allowed to do so. I don't see what the problem is with being allowed to race both. None of the top factory supported SX riders would do the AX race anyways. Only the privateers who use the purse money to get to the next race would do the Ax race as a way to make some extra cash.
TeamGreen
2/23/2017 8:44pm
Jarid332 wrote:
What the fans really wanna see is Cole Seely
Racing Friday AND Saturday
enketchum
2/23/2017 8:56pm
I still want to see Ricky Carmichael's Arena Cross Championship trophy
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/23/2017 9:39pm
peelout wrote:
how often would you say you check the torque on your sprocket bolts? also, if you had to torque down to 40psi, but only had a...
how often would you say you check the torque on your sprocket bolts?

also, if you had to torque down to 40psi, but only had a wrench that did a max of 20psi, do you torque it at 20psi twice?
No way. Optimal is to torque it to 10 four times.

(In case any lawyers are reading this, it's a board joke, and shouldn't be taken as wrenching advice.)
-eagle-
2/24/2017 10:58am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2017 11:00am
enketchum wrote:
I still want to see Ricky Carmichael's Arena Cross Championship trophy
2/24/2017 11:35am
So... what they're saying is that with more track time an AX rider is fast enough to be competitive in SX. I forgot that's how the talent equation works. 30 more minutes makes a bubble guy a world beater I guess.
cameron96
2/24/2017 11:51am
At least feld isn't planning and cancelling USGPs and MXON events

I'm going to Toronto and would be pumped if there was racing both nights
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/24/2017 11:54am
zehn wrote:
Uh, isn't that an AMA rule?
No, there's no rule against it in the rulebook for 2017.

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/24/2017 11:54am
Highsider wrote:
Did I miss a mention that the AX track only uses two lanes of the SX layout? Racing Friday night AX is not really giving an...
Did I miss a mention that the AX track only uses two lanes of the SX layout?

Racing Friday night AX is not really giving an unfair advantage, IMO. Sad
Only 2 lanes?

Hmmm, sounds oddly familiar to the setup they use for press days.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/24/2017 12:02pm
seth505 wrote:
How is it any different than a race like Southwick? That track is tricky to master, the locals always do really well compared to normal samplings...
How is it any different than a race like Southwick? That track is tricky to master, the locals always do really well compared to normal samplings because they ride it all year long/since amateurs. The best still rise to the top when it comes to final motos.
Difference is Southwick is there all year ([i]like almost all nationals are[/i]) and anyone can go ride it at anytime. SX tracks are built the week...
Difference is Southwick is there all year (like almost all nationals are) and anyone can go ride it at anytime. SX tracks are built the week they are raced and everyone racing them is seeing them for the first time that week(end).

I understand that the top 5 guys get a bit of an unfair advantage being able to ride press day but as you stated the fact of the matter is they would still be the top 5 guys dominating without getting that extra few minutes the day before as proven when Villo sat out of practice and shit when he was sick but still pulled off a decent main... but, we're a sport, and our sport needs press so we parade the top guys out the day before to increase awareness of what's going on the following day. Where it undeniably hurts is the lower guys fighting to make the night show in qualifying. If you are one of those guys on the bubble and someone of a similar skill level has a whole day to ride / race the track before you do he has a huge advantage over you of making the night show. That is undeniable. You line up to qualify on a track that you haven't ridden once and the guy next to you has already thrown down 100 laps on it... not quite a level playing field.

Do I like it? No. I'd love to see the AX guys mix it up with the SX guys, but just like how no one is stopping the SX guys from racing AX the day before and skipping the SX race no one is stopping the AX guys from skipping the AX qualifying / racing and trying to make the SX night show.
I don't think it matters if it's open all year like some national tracks or not but see your point.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/24/2017 12:07pm
I was actually thinking that it would be a disadvantage for the AX riders who are contractually obligated to practice, qualify and race multiple times the night before, while the SX riders get to rest.
GangGreen
2/24/2017 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2017 12:12pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I could be wrong, but this seems like more of an AMA/FIM decision than a FELD decision. I don't like FELD either, but I don't see...
I could be wrong, but this seems like more of an AMA/FIM decision than a FELD decision. I don't like FELD either, but I don't see them having much to do with this decision
The 2017 AMA Supercross Rule book says it's permitted. But, there are Supplemental Rules shown above, that might be why Atlanta doesn't permit racing both events. The Supplemental Rules are also why 250cc two strokes cannot race the 250cc Class in Professional Competition.

akillerwombat
2/24/2017 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2017 12:19pm
GangGreen wrote:
The 2017 AMA Supercross Rule book says it's permitted. But, there are Supplemental Rules shown above, that might be why Atlanta doesn't permit racing both events...
The 2017 AMA Supercross Rule book says it's permitted. But, there are Supplemental Rules shown above, that might be why Atlanta doesn't permit racing both events. The Supplemental Rules are also why 250cc two strokes cannot race the 250cc Class in Professional Competition.

Seems pretty straight forward to me, "you can only ride the track on press day".
Danster
2/24/2017 2:04pm
GuyB wrote:
Bashing Feld is so in right now. Not sure that would be a decision for them to make. Sounds more like a sanctioning body decision. How...
Bashing Feld is so in right now.

Not sure that would be a decision for them to make. Sounds more like a sanctioning body decision.

How about if a bunch of SX guys wanted to race AX the night before? How would that go over?
What about Kyle Chisholm wanting to race the Arenacross...
But daddy said no...? How dare him wanting to make extra money.

MXMattii
2/24/2017 2:20pm
zehn wrote:
Uh, isn't that an AMA rule?
No, there's no rule against it in the rulebook for 2017.
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/24/178162/s1200_IMG_4208.jpg[/img]

Changing and updating rules like its buggy software is just so wrong!
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
2/24/2017 3:21pm
Seems pretty straight forward to me, "you can only ride the track on press day".
Rules can easily be changed. Are you the person that called the AMA whining?
thearclite
2/24/2017 3:42pm
Everyone racing at this level has the track dialed by the end of the first practice. Think back, I have even seen guys skip practice all together and still kick ass right out of the gate in the main. 30 extra laps means nothing
akillerwombat
2/24/2017 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2017 3:47pm
731chopper wrote:
Rules can easily be changed. Are you the person that called the AMA whining?
Classic vital...

Vital: "There is no rule saying they can't race the night before!! Fucking Feld. Fucking criminals. Blah blah."
(GuyB posts the rule saying they can't)
Vital: "Well rules can change."

Yeah, the can change but those em the rules until they do change. And yeah sure, if it helps you sleep at night, I'm the team manager that called the AMA to whine. I'm also the tooth fairy, JLaw's vanished career, and the fat guy in jersey hacking the DNC.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
2/24/2017 4:00pm
very silly. I think it would add flavor. its motofest. not selectfest. so if we have this right. people get one off tires and build replica tracks. however, ax guys cant make some coin and promote their team/sponsors on the big stage while getting experience.. because it would be an unfair advantage to the series a rider has to ride to get to this series?!Huh
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
2/24/2017 4:19pm
Classic vital... [b]Vital:[/b] "There is no rule saying they can't race the night before!! Fucking Feld. Fucking criminals. Blah blah." (GuyB posts the rule saying they...
Classic vital...

Vital: "There is no rule saying they can't race the night before!! Fucking Feld. Fucking criminals. Blah blah."
(GuyB posts the rule saying they can't)
Vital: "Well rules can change."

Yeah, the can change but those em the rules until they do change. And yeah sure, if it helps you sleep at night, I'm the team manager that called the AMA to whine. I'm also the tooth fairy, JLaw's vanished career, and the fat guy in jersey hacking the DNC.
I never said there was no rule. Try again buddy.
akillerwombat
2/24/2017 5:32pm
731chopper wrote:
I never said there was no rule. Try again buddy.
That's why I didn't say "731chopper" and I used "vital", buddy.
jasonv43
2/24/2017 5:47pm
I blame fake news for this.Blink
Ted722
2/24/2017 6:21pm
I know, non-moto, but can Kyle Busch still run Trucks, Xfinity, and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup in the same weekend?
zehn
2/24/2017 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2017 6:42pm
Ted722 wrote:
I know, non-moto, but can Kyle Busch still run Trucks, Xfinity, and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup in the same weekend?
What does that have to do with anything
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
2/24/2017 6:53pm
That's why I didn't say "731chopper" and I used "vital", buddy.
Shouldn't the quotes you pull be from the same person?

Post a reply to: FELD you failed the fans and racers @ Motofest

The Latest