FELD/Announcing Crew

johnk271
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:26pm
I don't post here often but I hadnt seen this discussed yet so I thought I would bring the issue to light.

Last night after Trey and Ryan crashed and they red flagged the race the sound people kept blasting music and what not while the asterisk crew was working on them. On top of that, the floor announcer was yelling over the mic trying to get people to scream and cheer and just going on and on and on...yelling and screaming and it seemed he was totally clueless to what was going on. Now I dont know if it was some higher power from FELD radioing down to him to keep the crowd busy and pumped up or if this was his own doing, but either way, it shouldn't have happened. IMO, that stadium should have been SILENT while the two riders were down on the floor injured. It was disrespectful and rude. Can you imagine how hard it was for the Asterisk guys to communicate with each other and the 2 riders with all the music blaring and announcer screaming??? I was sick to my stomach watching that because it was like a circus. Ive been to over 50 supercross races and I have NEVER seen that happen ever. I think we owe it to the riders and medical crew to give them a moment of silence so they can work without having to yell and scream over some dumb announcer. Rant over.

I just wanted to bring this to light so that hopefully this never happens again. It was one of the most embarrassing things I have EVER seen.
|
Zeke27G
1/22/2012 2:22pm
^^^^THIS!!! I was sick to my stomach watching them work on Canard and Morais and I thought silence would have been very respectful. That was a poor decision and that Lurch guy needs to get his teeth kicked in.
40Plus_922mx
1/22/2012 3:15pm
This has been talked about twice. And it needs to. But I can't seem to find the other two posts. They blew they way they handled it.
Bauer
1/22/2012 3:23pm
I totally agree. I was pretty shocked when Lurch started right in with revving up the crowd while the two riders were down. I was in the working press box and said something to the Feld official in there, but it wasn't something he had control over. Not sure who made the call, but we both just shook our heads...it was very inappropriate and like you said, it couldn't have been helpful to Doc Bodnar and crew on the floor.
Sherwood
1/22/2012 3:39pm
According to some here once you put on that headset you no longer have free will.

The Shop

40Plus_922mx
1/22/2012 3:47pm
Sherwood wrote:
According to some here once you put on that headset you no longer have free will.
Yeah maybe not lerchs deal at all. But some one is a little out of touch.
Sherwood
1/22/2012 4:12pm
Sherwood wrote:
Yeah maybe not lerchs deal at all. But some one is a little out of touch.
I don't get that argument that so and so only sucks because they have a headset. If you know it's wrong and goes against your morals don't do it.
firemedic301
1/22/2012 4:40pm
I can tell you from first hand experience that in a situation like that a good competent EMS crew is not effected by the noise, you learn to tune out external distractions ie. noise. I have worked on helicopters, race tracks, concerts, ect... A good trained team with everybody performing specific tasks can communicate fairly easily mouthing words and using pictionary type hand signals. And first hand by a friend of mine on the floor working on Trey and Ryan the noise wasn't that destracting (they were super focused on patient care). However, I do think it is wayyyyy better if they would keep the noise down a little bit and not try to woop the crowd into a frenzy. Just my opinion

Post a reply to: FELD/Announcing Crew

The Latest