FC350 Xtrig or Luxon?

TSCHAM101
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2021 9:41pm
|
kb228
9/22/2021 10:13am
Both are great but with the amount of info luxon provides on this forum i would go with them because of that alone. The dude is a smart engineer
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
9/22/2021 10:51am
Clearly I'm biased...

Xtrig makes good parts of high quality, but they're heavy. If weight is an issue, you'll be about a full pound lighter with our clamps.

The general consensus from those who try both is that they like ours better. For example, the Club MX team has been on Xtrig for some time, but they're switching to our clamps for 2022.

We just got done testing with MXA yesterday on both KTM and GasGas bikes. Three test riders went back to back to back with our clamps, stock clamps, and another aftermarket clamp (not Xtrig, though), on both bikes, and ours were the clear winner. You'll have to wait a while until the writeup comes out, though, but I think they'll be releasing a preview video on their social media this week.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email!
Bruce372
9/22/2021 11:39am
Luxon. Support the vendor that supports the sport.

made in USA

designed by a real engineer

Quality parts that look bitchen
AJ565
9/22/2021 11:57am
I just got the gen 1 Luxon clamps yesterday for my 350 since they are on sale. I’ll be testing them this weekend.

The Shop

TSCHAM101
9/22/2021 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 12:17pm
Billy,
my email is tscham101@gmail.com..Whats availability look like? Im super interested. and im going to buy new clamps soon.

got any in stock (clear)? im semi local and may be able to pick up.
Moto520
9/22/2021 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 12:25pm
Luxon looks like they have their shit together and the guy answering questions on vital is a huge bonus. I would go Luxon in a heartbeat without thinking twice. The Xtrig makes a good product as well. I have their handlebar clamps and it's a cool design but heavy and bulky.

i'm impressed with Luxon. On their handlebar clamps i believe they include titanium fasteners. Just a nice little detail to keep the weight down. It won't make a huge difference but addressing the weight issue is never a bad thing.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
9/22/2021 12:58pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Billy, my email is tscham101@gmail.com..Whats availability look like? Im super interested. and im going to buy new clamps soon. got any in stock (clear)? im semi...
Billy,
my email is tscham101@gmail.com..Whats availability look like? Im super interested. and im going to buy new clamps soon.

Just shot you an email. We've got limited stock in most everything right now and have been working like crazy to catch up. That said, we currently have KTM/Husky/GasGas clamps and bar mounts in all colors (black, clear, orange, red) except blue. Blue will be available as soon as we wrap up some more Yamaha clamps as they all go in the same batch.
Richy
9/22/2021 1:08pm
All about Luxon, I'm gonna get some shipped over next time I can justify money for shiny bits, and though I'm probably too slow to notice flat tires let alone clamp design, I've no doubt in my mind they're as good as they can be coming out of their shop.
murph783
9/22/2021 1:09pm
I don’t think it’s been mentioned but there’s a Luxon build of an FC350 going on currently in the bike builds section. Some good stuff in there. I’ve been a ride engineering guy forever but that may well change
Brent
9/22/2021 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2021 6:16am
I guess my question is what are you trying to improve on, better geometry or less rigidity?

Personally we tested both the x-trig and the KTM power parts clamps on our 2022 250 sxf, and our pro rider chose the x- trig by a small margin, But preferred the power parts clamp when we only tightened the bottom clamp bolts to 10 NM as opposed to the stock setting of 12nm.

I should note that we used a WP pro fork and not the stock AER48.

We did not try the Luxon clamp.

One thing for sure is the stock clamp is too rigid and transmits a fair amount of vibration, and is not adjustable.
TSCHAM101
9/22/2021 2:04pm
Brent wrote:
I guess my question is what are you trying to improve on, better geometry or less rigidity? Personally we tested both the x-trig and the KTM...
I guess my question is what are you trying to improve on, better geometry or less rigidity?

Personally we tested both the x-trig and the KTM power parts clamps on our 2022 250 sxf, and our pro rider chose the x- trig by a small margin, But preferred the power parts clamp when we only tightened the bottom clamp bolts to 10 NM as opposed to the stock setting of 12nm.

I should note that we used a WP pro fork and not the stock AER48.

We did not try the Luxon clamp.

One thing for sure is the stock clamp is too rigid and transmits a fair amount of vibration, and is not adjustable.
One thing for sure is the stock clamp is too rigid and transmits a fair amount of vibration, .

this is what im trying to get rid of.. and twisting bars in the stock mounts.. but mainly to look cool.. when i was a kid i never had any money for parts.. i had barely enough to do maintenance.. so mainly to see what all the trick shit does in terms of feel, if im being honest..
Sandusky26
9/22/2021 2:12pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
[i]One thing for sure is the stock clamp is too rigid and transmits a fair amount of vibration, .[/i] this is what im trying to get...
One thing for sure is the stock clamp is too rigid and transmits a fair amount of vibration, .

this is what im trying to get rid of.. and twisting bars in the stock mounts.. but mainly to look cool.. when i was a kid i never had any money for parts.. i had barely enough to do maintenance.. so mainly to see what all the trick shit does in terms of feel, if im being honest..
Same here, when I was a kid I would have killed for a pipe or a set of wheels. Now that I’m older and can afford it my tight ass still won’t buy anything.
Brent
9/22/2021 2:17pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
[i]One thing for sure is the stock clamp is too rigid and transmits a fair amount of vibration, .[/i] this is what im trying to get...

Well the bottom line is trying to get the most comfort for the rider, and the KTM stock clamp seems to be built for durability and not comfort. I think any aftermarket clamp is probably more comfortable than the stock one.

The stock bar mount however is quite soft and will bend if you even look at it wrong. I guess KTMs theory is the bar mount is supposed to be the part that absorbs the crash impact rather than the bars and clamp so not to cause damage to expensive parts.

Also we have a lot of success with vibration reduction using the Faastco anti vibration bar inserts.
Orange
9/22/2021 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 3:36pm
I can vouch for Luxon. I've bought 2.5 sets, lol. The first two were to replace the oem clamps that twisted, the third was a set that got hammered in a nasty crash. Nasty enough that I'm sure no bar mounts would have survived. I inquired about buying replacement parts, sent a few pics, and they gave me the highest rebate allowed for damaged clamps, even though I wasn't asking for that. Stellar customer support, even for the weekend warrior, who was totally at fault for the damage.

On top of that, they are very high quality, so, you get what you pay for.
Tree-1
KTM front end-0
skypig
9/22/2021 7:52pm
I wish I could tell the difference between 10nm and 12nm on the bottom clamp.
MXA are claiming a similar result with the clamps on the GasGas.
A lot of hard riding on the limit required to get that sensitive.

Takes me half a lap to realise I have a flat tire….. almost. Smile
9/22/2021 8:13pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Billy, my email is tscham101@gmail.com..Whats availability look like? Im super interested. and im going to buy new clamps soon. got any in stock (clear)? im semi...
Billy,

Luxon MX wrote:
Just shot you an email. We've got limited stock in most everything right now and have been working like crazy to catch up. That said, we...
Just shot you an email. We've got limited stock in most everything right now and have been working like crazy to catch up. That said, we currently have KTM/Husky/GasGas clamps and bar mounts in all colors (black, clear, orange, red) except blue. Blue will be available as soon as we wrap up some more Yamaha clamps as they all go in the same batch.
Thank you for answering everyone’s questions. What bar mounts do y’all recommend with the triple clamp?
Ray Knight
9/22/2021 9:25pm
I've had both. I loved my Xtrigs until i got the Luxon clamps. They are much better engineered for sure. Titanium bolts, amazing customer service, incredible quality and better feel vs the Xtrigs. Luxon are the only clamps i'll buy now. I currently have 3 sets.
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
9/23/2021 1:27am
Luxon MX wrote:
Clearly I'm biased... Xtrig makes good parts of high quality, but they're heavy. If weight is an issue, you'll be about a full pound lighter with...
Clearly I'm biased...

Xtrig makes good parts of high quality, but they're heavy. If weight is an issue, you'll be about a full pound lighter with our clamps.

The general consensus from those who try both is that they like ours better. For example, the Club MX team has been on Xtrig for some time, but they're switching to our clamps for 2022.

We just got done testing with MXA yesterday on both KTM and GasGas bikes. Three test riders went back to back to back with our clamps, stock clamps, and another aftermarket clamp (not Xtrig, though), on both bikes, and ours were the clear winner. You'll have to wait a while until the writeup comes out, though, but I think they'll be releasing a preview video on their social media this week.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email!
Hi mate, do you have any U.K. stockists?
9/23/2021 7:08am

I'm a YUGE fan of the BRP top clamp with the 4 post rubber mount for the bar clamp.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
9/23/2021 11:38am
Thank you for answering everyone’s questions. What bar mounts do y’all recommend with the triple clamp?
All of our triple clamps use the KTM style rubber cone interface, but with the stock span between bar mount posts. So that means that you can use any bar mount that fits a KTM clamp on our KTM clamps (and Husky/GasGas).

Our other clamps will accept any KTM bar mount that uses two separate mounts (not bridged) as they all have different spreads between the posts. So, for example, Xtrig PHDS mounts for a KTM will fit all of our triple clamps, regardless of which bike they fit, Honda, Yamaha, whatever, as the PHDS mounts are separate and not bridged.

To further clarify, the spread between posts on a KTM clamp is 90mm. But the spread between posts on a Yamaha is 103mm (and all the other brands are different too). So you can't use a KTM bar mount that has both posts connected on our Yamaha clamps, because the spread would be wrong (90 when it needs to be 103 to fit our Yamaha clamps).

Hopefully all that makes sense!

And of course, we offer our own mounts to fit our clamps in both standard 1 1/8" and Fatbar36 (36 mm) sizes.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
9/23/2021 11:43am
luke11 wrote:
Hi mate, do you have any U.K. stockists?
No distributors outside the USA yet, unfortunately! We do offer international shipping worldwide, though.
Ryan625
9/23/2021 9:41pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/23/511350/s1200_products_TCA_9264R4MOTO_full.jpg[/img] I'm a YUGE fan of the BRP top clamp with the 4 post rubber mount for the bar clamp.

I'm a YUGE fan of the BRP top clamp with the 4 post rubber mount for the bar clamp.
Do the handlebar mount bolts run all the way through the triple clamp!? Those look like they would be very annoying to work around if so.

Kinda looks like a not as good take on RG3’s 🤷🏻‍♂️
183Matt
Fantasy
1637th
9/24/2021 4:18pm
Honda Gen II Luxon clamps and bar mounts. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/23/511372/s1200_IMG_20210530_144237152.jpg[/img]
Honda Gen II Luxon clamps and bar mounts.

Those are by far the sexiest triple clamps ever produced!
8/27/2023 7:23am

I realize this is an old thread but have a question about the handlebar mounts.  Is the closest bar position (closest to the gas cap) any closer than the stock 2023 KTM SX-F clamp?  I am short and would like to bring bar back to me a little more than the stock clamp offers.

Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
8/27/2023 8:11am
I realize this is an old thread but have a question about the handlebar mounts.  Is the closest bar position (closest to the gas cap) any...

I realize this is an old thread but have a question about the handlebar mounts.  Is the closest bar position (closest to the gas cap) any closer than the stock 2023 KTM SX-F clamp?  I am short and would like to bring bar back to me a little more than the stock clamp offers.

If you're asking about our clamps, the bar position is the same as stock on our Gen2 KTM clamps. But our new Gen3 clamps have multiple positions (6 front to back and 4 heights for 24 total positions), so that would take care of you. We're wrapping up the machining now, so available soon!

https://www.luxonmx.com/product-luxon-ktm-husqvarna-gasgas-triple-clamp…

https://www.luxonmx.com/product-luxon-ktm-husqvarna-gasgas-triple-clamp… 

8/27/2023 8:28am

Ahh…so I COULD go to a “closer than stock” position on the Gen 3 clamp.  That is what I am looking for.   

Thank You

RMolly
8/27/2023 8:38am

Are you a pro rider looking for that 10th of a second? If the answer is no, stick to the stock clamps. Ktm ain't no mugs.

Post a reply to: FC350 Xtrig or Luxon?

The Latest