F1 driver Räikkönen riding Husqvarna in his instagram story

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2017 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2017 6:13 PM

The Ferrari F1 driver and owner of ICE One Husqvarna MXGP-team finally joined instagram and in his current Insta story (click his profile picture in instagram) shows him riding at his backyard track in Finland. https://www.instagram.com/kimimatiasraikkonen

|

12/30/2017 3:47 PM

LMAO.

"This time I don't know what I'm doing"

|

12/30/2017 5:16 PM

No snow in Finland?

Anyone know if he rode as a kid or if it's something he picked up later in life? Either way it's cool to see him spending some of his money in moto.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/30/2017 6:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2017 6:01 PM

He has a track on his property. He's been riding for years. Kimi's a very cool cat.

|

12/30/2017 6:08 PM

Rhino wrote:

LMAO.

"This time I don't know what I'm doing"

Hahahahahshshs

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

12/30/2017 6:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2017 6:15 PM

Kimi actually rode motocross first and then moved on to karting. He stopped riding for years and then bought a old Honda in early 2000’s and started riding again. His track is right by the sea at southern coast of Finland so no snow. He really loves motocross!

|

12/30/2017 6:23 PM

Anyone that's willing to put his time and mostly $$$ in to a mx team gets a big thumbs up from me.
Get the impression that he really doesn't have time for all the politics etc in F1 but sticks it out for the benefits.

|

12/30/2017 7:16 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

No snow in Finland?

Anyone know if he rode as a kid or if it's something he picked up later in life? Either way it's cool to see him spending some of his money in moto.

Photo
|

12/30/2017 11:40 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

No snow in Finland?

Anyone know if he rode as a kid or if it's something he picked up later in life? Either way it's cool to see him spending some of his money in moto.

Rhino wrote: Photo

That's awesome. I'm sure he's happy he switched to karting instead of sticking with moto. I know I would be if I was him. The guy is worth over $200 Million. That said I wonder how far he would of gone had he stuck with moto.

I wonder if he'll be more involved with the MX team once he retires from F1 assuming he doesn't go racing cars in a different series.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/31/2017 1:31 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

No snow in Finland?

Anyone know if he rode as a kid or if it's something he picked up later in life? Either way it's cool to see him spending some of his money in moto.

No snow in southern Finland. Warm winter so far.

To my knowledge Kimi has rode like forever.

|

12/31/2017 5:20 AM

Many years F1 contracts did allow him to ride MX as they didn't want him to broke any bones. You could see him
at some MX tracks keeping low profile anyway.. cos he knows what he is doing smile
He did build that small MX track between trees next to house that everyone who owns bike are dreaming.

|

12/31/2017 7:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2017 7:29 AM

tek14 wrote:

Many years F1 contracts did allow him to ride MX as they didn't want him to broke any bones. You could see him
at some MX tracks keeping low profile anyway.. cos he knows what he is doing smile
He did build that small MX track between trees next to house that everyone who owns bike are dreaming.

Hehe, if I remember correctly he raced a snowmobile race under the alias "James Hunt" when he was switching to Ferrari from McLaren. Legend.

|

#1
KX125

12/31/2017 10:07 AM

HenryA wrote:

Hehe, if I remember correctly he raced a snowmobile race under the alias "James Hunt" when he was switching to Ferrari from McLaren. Legend.

Yeah he did race some snowmobile events but he twisted arm/fingers on one event and after that i never seen him race those again.. news papers reported he got hurt and maybe someone wasn't happy about it..

|

12/31/2017 10:18 AM

tek14 wrote:

Yeah he did race some snowmobile events but he twisted arm/fingers on one event and after that i never seen him race those again.. news papers reported he got hurt and maybe someone wasn't happy about it..

Long gone are the days of a telling off by the team boss, probably looking at breach of contract suits now days, sadly

|

12/31/2017 10:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2017 10:26 AM

If i remember right Räikkönen broke his hand/arm(on a snowmobile) the off season when he returned for F1 and team Lotus.

|

12/31/2017 10:52 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

No snow in Finland?

Anyone know if he rode as a kid or if it's something he picked up later in life? Either way it's cool to see him spending some of his money in moto.

The gulf stream keeps our winters a little too mild unfortunately

|

1/29/2018 12:45 PM

|

1/30/2018 4:35 AM

I met Kimi at Lierop in 2012 when his team was testing there. He pulled in driving his Ferrari in late november. Super cool guy, real talkative down to earth. Plus his team manager, who was a GP racer and I forgot his name, was super cool. Maybe my Finnish hertiage helps. Lol.

Class act folks.

|

1/30/2018 5:01 AM

ehr400 wrote:

I met Kimi at Lierop in 2012 when his team was testing there. He pulled in driving his Ferrari in late november. Super cool guy, real talkative down to earth. Plus his team manager, who was a GP racer and I forgot his name, was super cool. Maybe my Finnish hertiage helps. Lol.

Class act folks.

"Real talkative"? You must be mixing him up with somebody else :-)

Seriously he's a cool guy. Team manager is Antti Pyrhönen.

|

1/30/2018 5:17 AM

mpy wrote:

"Real talkative"? You must be mixing him up with somebody else :-)

Seriously he's a cool guy. Team manager is Antti Pyrhönen.

Phyrönen is a beast. Last year the Iceone team was riding/testing at our local track with Paulin and Anstie. I thought they were riding really well until he was losing his sh** , walked down to the mechanics at a jump and made some signals when they passed by.. after that they both were riding 2 secs a lap faster the whole sessionlaughing

|

1/30/2018 5:22 AM

ehr400 wrote:

I met Kimi at Lierop in 2012 when his team was testing there. He pulled in driving his Ferrari in late november. Super cool guy, real talkative down to earth. Plus his team manager, who was a GP racer and I forgot his name, was super cool. Maybe my Finnish hertiage helps. Lol.

Class act folks.

mpy wrote:

"Real talkative"? You must be mixing him up with somebody else :-)

Seriously he's a cool guy. Team manager is Antti Pyrhönen.

Haha, yeah he was real cool. Can't mix him up.

Yes, Antii. There was another Finnish guy who was like the technical director or something, he used to be AC222's frame or engine guy. Cant remember but he had a cool watch AC222 gave to the team for one of his championships. Real nice watch too.

|