DC HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING !!!!

motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
5/18/2013 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2013 4:10am
Over promise / under deliver!!

I am so fucked off that there is no 2nd moto international streaming coverage as promised !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Good job on 1st moto- but if you say you are gonna do something - do it)
|
CRF505
5/18/2013 4:51pm
I'm with ya. This coverage is terrible. From their press release... "We are very proud of the broadcast and digital package we've put together for this season, both for the television audience and online viewers,” said MX Sports Pro Racing President Davey Coombs.

Are you sure about that? This is a JOKE! haha Clown show is what it is. Amateur hour, etc. You name it...
OW38B
Fantasy
148th
5/18/2013 4:52pm
Deep Breaths, Deep Breaths..........
egoman
5/18/2013 4:55pm
Kind of harsh, I am sure this was never anyones intent. I am as pissed as anyone but I will survive. I thought we were doing OK when we were watching the womans moto and it ended just before it was completed. I am sad but I will not shit on someone who has tried to take the sport forward.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
5/18/2013 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 5:02pm
I dont know if DC even knew about this in regards to how they were going to stream the second motos only to a list of certain providers(which most of us do not use).
This may also have came as a surprise to him just as it has to most of us.
From the sounds of the PR - it sounds like he thought we were going to get the same type of coverage as the first motos.
Hopefully our outcries can get something changed though.

The Shop

gt80rider
5/18/2013 4:59pm
CRF505 wrote:
I'm with ya. This coverage is terrible. From their press release... "We are very proud of the broadcast and digital package we've put together for this...
I'm with ya. This coverage is terrible. From their press release... "We are very proud of the broadcast and digital package we've put together for this season, both for the television audience and online viewers,” said MX Sports Pro Racing President Davey Coombs.

Are you sure about that? This is a JOKE! haha Clown show is what it is. Amateur hour, etc. You name it...
Obviously you havent watched the world championships lately have ya?
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
egoman wrote:
Kind of harsh, I am sure this was never anyones intent. I am as pissed as anyone but I will survive. I thought we were doing...
Kind of harsh, I am sure this was never anyones intent. I am as pissed as anyone but I will survive. I thought we were doing OK when we were watching the womans moto and it ended just before it was completed. I am sad but I will not shit on someone who has tried to take the sport forward.
Im not shitting on DC, I feel honored that he takes the time to even read this board, let alone the hard work he puts into MX.

However at the end of the day, he runs the show so its his problem.
Gukamonster
He will respond the same way he always does. Make an opening statement about how great everything is, make a faint apology that things aren't perfect, then an excuse about how difficult motocross is to cover, followed by a comment on how far we have come and that we should just be glad to view the motos at all.

No mention in the pre-race about the lack of online coverage internationally. No mention that US viewers need an approved cable provider from some random list to view online. Bait and switch.
S.Loyer
5/18/2013 5:00pm
You guys do know you aren't obligated to streams as fans of the sport?
Be happy with what you have or just start reading magazines like the old days.
KLM85
5/18/2013 5:01pm
It was hyped as being different than last year. I guess that was true... last year was better. At least I didn't go into last year thinking I was going to watch two motos only to find out only a few oddball tv subscriptions would be on the list.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3092nd
5/18/2013 5:02pm
He will respond the same way he always does. Make an opening statement about how great everything is, make a faint apology that things aren't perfect...
He will respond the same way he always does. Make an opening statement about how great everything is, make a faint apology that things aren't perfect, then an excuse about how difficult motocross is to cover, followed by a comment on how far we have come and that we should just be glad to view the motos at all.

No mention in the pre-race about the lack of online coverage internationally. No mention that US viewers need an approved cable provider from some random list to view online. Bait and switch.
sharkey
5/18/2013 5:03pm
last years package was alot bettter. watch the first motos on the internet and 2nd on Tv the same day. watching practice live is not worth sacrificing actually watching the racing. pretty bummed. glad we rode 4 days this week at least
Choppy
Mine worked just fine with Xfinity. Change to an approved provider if you don't like it.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
egoman wrote:
Kind of harsh, I am sure this was never anyones intent. I am as pissed as anyone but I will survive. I thought we were doing...
motokiwi wrote:
Im not shitting on DC, I feel honored that he takes the time to even read this board, let alone the hard work he puts into...
Im not shitting on DC, I feel honored that he takes the time to even read this board, let alone the hard work he puts into MX.

you start a thread titled "F*uck you DC" and then you say you are not shitting on him?

I'm watching the live feed, at the end of the day, it sounds like your problem.
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
5/18/2013 5:04pm
S.Loyer wrote:
You guys do know you aren't obligated to streams as fans of the sport? Be happy with what you have or just start reading magazines like...
The fans of this sport want progression. I am not a fan of calling DC out, but this was a disaster for the fans. When there is issues, DC tends to fix them and I have faith he will do it again
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
5/18/2013 5:05pm
KLM85 wrote:
It was hyped as being different than last year. I guess that was true... last year was better. At least I didn't go into last year...
It was hyped as being different than last year. I guess that was true... last year was better. At least I didn't go into last year thinking I was going to watch two motos only to find out only a few oddball tv subscriptions would be on the list.
Exactly.
Myself and many others have dedicated this window to watching live moto because we are super-fans...
I could have been doing lots of other things... but I was promised live streaming moto...
Neutra
5/18/2013 5:05pm
I subscribe to NBC Sports through ATT U-Verse... Guess what? The live streaming is not available for ATT customers!
I'm screwed. Thanks NBC Sports..
Crush
5/18/2013 5:06pm
motokiwi wrote:
Im not shitting on DC, I feel honored that he takes the time to even read this board, let alone the hard work he puts into...

I'm not shitting on DC?

"F*CK U DC !!!!"

Ummmm...

I believe this was talked about before, no one said it was all 4 motos free for international viewers, in fact, they said we wouldn't get the last two...

And again, i'm sure DC and co worked their asses off to get it done, but international tv law is a little stronger than a (few million at best) mx fans opinions
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
5/18/2013 5:07pm
Choppy wrote:
Mine worked just fine with Xfinity. Change to an approved provider if you don't like it.
Not all of us are in the USA man
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
5/18/2013 5:09pm
Regis wrote:
you start a thread titled "F*uck you DC" and then you say you are not shitting on him? I'm watching the live feed, at the end...
you start a thread titled "F*uck you DC" and then you say you are not shitting on him?

I'm watching the live feed, at the end of the day, it sounds like your problem.
Im just venting my frustration level.

Its not personal, its just business.

DC promised international live streaming of both motos.

There is NOT international streaming of both motos.

Its DC's problem.
bigborefan
5/18/2013 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 5:11pm
Choppy wrote:
Fuck you, some people don't have more than one provider.

And DC did a shit job or providing the proper intel. Sure he's busy, but I bet he ain't to busy to cash the checks at the end of the day.
Choppy
5/18/2013 5:11pm
Choppy wrote:
motokiwi wrote:
Not all of us are in the USA man
Then move to the place the series is held, wait for it to air sometime or somewhere else or simple shut up.
Coming on here and saying F DC helps nobody. I dont mind you being upset but make an appropriate title.
Choppy
5/18/2013 5:12pm
Choppy wrote:
bigborefan wrote:
Fuck you, some people don't have more than one provider. And DC did a shit job or providing the proper intel. Sure he's busy, but I...

And DC did a shit job or providing the proper intel. Sure he's busy, but I bet he ain't to busy to cash the checks at the end of the day.
What checks?

Move out of your shit town if that's the case or stop complaining.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
5/18/2013 5:13pm
Crush wrote:
I'm not shitting on DC? [b]"F*CK U DC !!!!"[/b] Ummmm... I believe this was talked about before, no one said it was all 4 motos free...
I'm not shitting on DC?

"F*CK U DC !!!!"

Ummmm...

I believe this was talked about before, no one said it was all 4 motos free for international viewers, in fact, they said we wouldn't get the last two...

And again, i'm sure DC and co worked their asses off to get it done, but international tv law is a little stronger than a (few million at best) mx fans opinions
Practice - 1:00 p.m. EST - NBC Sports Live Extra

450/250MX Moto 1 - 4:00 p.m. EST - FUEL *LIVE

450/250MX Moto 1 and 2 - 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m EST Allisports.com *LIVE

*NOTE: All motos can been seen LIVE on Allisports.com.
CRF505
5/18/2013 5:17pm
S.Loyer wrote:
You guys do know you aren't obligated to streams as fans of the sport? Be happy with what you have or just start reading magazines like...
So I suppose you think I should "be happy" if my $7k brand new 4stroke doesn't start when it gets hot, I should "be happy" if my $35k Silverado has crank windows, and I should "be happy" w/ dial up internet, phones w/ cords, rocks for wheels, etc. It's called progression numb nuts. I don't think it's too much to expect. I, for one, think we all deserve it.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
5/18/2013 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 5:21pm
Choppy wrote:
bigborefan wrote:
Fuck you, some people don't have more than one provider. And DC did a shit job or providing the proper intel. Sure he's busy, but I...

Shit...
MXSports actually pays big money to get these races put online & on TV.
I would assume they didnt want to pay for this headache. Smile
Hopefully,with these outcries something get's done to simplify it for ALL & gives access to ALL.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
5/18/2013 5:21pm
Crush wrote:
I'm not shitting on DC? [b]"F*CK U DC !!!!"[/b] Ummmm... I believe this was talked about before, no one said it was all 4 motos free...
I'm not shitting on DC?

"F*CK U DC !!!!"

Ummmm...

motokiwi wrote:
Practice - 1:00 p.m. EST - NBC Sports Live Extra 450/250MX Moto 1 - 4:00 p.m. EST - FUEL *LIVE 450/250MX Moto 1 and 2 -...

I am watching it live on Allisports.

When I am in europe, none of my USA streaming works, not netflix or any of my cable providers. I blame DC as well.
jamma10
5/18/2013 5:22pm
Crush wrote:
I'm not shitting on DC?

"F*CK U DC !!!!"

Ummmm...

motokiwi wrote:
Practice - 1:00 p.m. EST - NBC Sports Live Extra 450/250MX Moto 1 - 4:00 p.m. EST - FUEL *LIVE 450/250MX Moto 1 and 2 -...

mx_phreek
Fantasy
242nd
5/18/2013 5:25pm
This sucks, I give up, going bed instead. Less frustrating.
Crossup
5/18/2013 5:28pm
You should get your money back.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
5/18/2013 5:32pm
Regis wrote:
I am watching it live on Allisports. When I am in europe, none of my USA streaming works, not netflix or any of my cable providers...
I am watching it live on Allisports.

When I am in europe, none of my USA streaming works, not netflix or any of my cable providers. I blame DC as well.
We usually have no problem watching the Alli Stream. (unlike you in Europe watching mainstream us streaming stuff)

Clearly they have changed some settings, somewhere.

AND they even went as far as providing a dedicated link for the internationals and that didnt work..

DC's runs the show.

Post a reply to: DC HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING !!!!

The Latest