Explain This ???

bns99121
Fantasy
606th
Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 10:02am
I usually don't get involved or take sides but I have to agree that it is ridiculous that RV wasn't penalized worse for jumping on the red cross, and then if that isn't enough he blatantly passed Stewart during the 2nd Red Cross. Stewart was obviously cruising and you can see in the video that he looks over like he is surprised Villopoto is passing him.

Anyway check out this pic for the people saying that the red cross flag was only at the beginning of the section. There is a flagger waving the red cross flag near the end of the section, on the far right, with multiple workers on the track pushing the riders to the inside. They hadn't even passed the down riders when Villopoto made the pass. There is no way that Villopoto didn't see that flag.

|
MBR
3/3/2013 10:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 1:04am
The next yellow is right next to the last medical flag and RV passed after that which is legal. End of the story.
TDeath21
3/3/2013 11:01pm
Glad you thought up a topic that hasn't been discussed yet. Thanks for your insight.

The Shop

RM127
3/3/2013 11:04pm
My problem with it was that during the whole section RV gained on JS and then pulled up to the side of him during all the flags.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/3/2013 11:05pm
Why would they put a yellow flag directly behind a red cross flag?
Crush
3/3/2013 11:05pm
You'll be forgiven if you can get a larger photo of your avatar...

jeffro503
3/3/2013 11:54pm
MBR wrote:
The next yellow is right next to the last medical flag and RV passed after that which is legal. End of the story.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/03/03/rv1_205886.jpeg[/img]
The next yellow is right next to the last medical flag and RV passed after that which is legal. End of the story.
Soooo...?? With this picture.....it looks like RV didn't break any rules. He didn't actually make the pass on Stewart until 'After" the crossed the yellow flag. He did definitely break the rules in those first 3 laps though , as he passed MA800 with the red flags and also doubled his way through that section.

I think Stewart supporters would disagree with this.....but from that pic right here......it looks like RV made a legal pass. And I'll bet you guys anything , that Feld will see it the same way.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/4/2013 12:00am
It's definitely a legal pass. But they really need to make it more clear cut. Sucks to see someone get passed when they are taking it easy when the flags are waving in their face
Crush
3/4/2013 12:00am
The Red cross flag section should be more important than the yellow and any flagged section shouldn't end till the downed riders physical position... in this case, after the corner.
Crush
3/4/2013 12:22am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
It's definitely a legal pass. But they really need to make it more clear cut. Sucks to see someone get passed when they are taking it...
It's definitely a legal pass. But they really need to make it more clear cut. Sucks to see someone get passed when they are taking it easy when the flags are waving in their face
Sure?

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/4/2013 12:29am
Oh, I didn't realise it was the same guy holding both flags. Thats kinda dumb
Crush
3/4/2013 12:38am
Nah there was another guy before that holding the Red crossed white flag... But it shouldn't matter, that flag is of higher rank, ie more important because it pertains to a rider's safety... It should just be to the cleared section... I put that photo up because it clearly shows RV making the pass before they clear Kiniry...

It's just their interpretation, but they have a history of bending rules to make for a tighter title race, but isn't it a better story if Millsaps wins and we get another legitimate title holder, a story, something to market too? Baffles the mine this 300 million dollar amateur hour
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
3/4/2013 12:50am
I'm sure this has been covered but is the red cross flag in this instance for Kiniry who is up and kick starting his bike?
Crush
3/4/2013 12:52am
I'm sure this has been covered but is the red cross flag in this instance for Kiniry who is up and kick starting his bike?
Yep!
Crush
3/4/2013 12:59am
Well, that went well then didn't it?
For RV? Marvelously!

For the rest, not so much...
MBR
3/4/2013 1:05am
jeffro503 wrote:
Soooo...?? With this picture.....it looks like RV didn't break any rules. He didn't actually make the pass on Stewart until 'After" the crossed the yellow flag...
Soooo...?? With this picture.....it looks like RV didn't break any rules. He didn't actually make the pass on Stewart until 'After" the crossed the yellow flag. He did definitely break the rules in those first 3 laps though , as he passed MA800 with the red flags and also doubled his way through that section.

I think Stewart supporters would disagree with this.....but from that pic right here......it looks like RV made a legal pass. And I'll bet you guys anything , that Feld will see it the same way.
That was my point, sorry I was unclear.
jamma10
3/4/2013 1:07am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 1:16am
Crush wrote:
The Red cross flag section should be more important than the yellow and any flagged section shouldn't end till the downed riders physical position... in this...
The Red cross flag section should be more important than the yellow and any flagged section shouldn't end till the downed riders physical position... in this case, after the corner.
I agree with this, but I do question whether Villopoto could actually see the red cross flag from where he was positioned. The flag(s?) should have been made much more obvious, they must be hard to pick out in all the commotion at the best of times.

From his perspective I think in he just decided to try and capitalise on a confusing yellow flag situation which had caused Stewart to slow down.
Crush
3/4/2013 1:15am
jamma10 wrote:
I agree with this, but I do question whether Villopoto could actually see the red cross flag from where he was positioned. The flag(s?) should have...
I agree with this, but I do question whether Villopoto could actually see the red cross flag from where he was positioned. The flag(s?) should have been made much more obvious, they must be hard to pick out in all the commotion at the best of times.

From his perspective I think in he just decided to try and capitalise on a confusing yellow flag situation which had caused Stewart to slow down.
Yeah that's a point, but the flag, by definition of being signaled for a crash, would have to be mobile and that situation would be hard to govern...

Regardless tho, the rules should be the rules... It's embarrassing that there are these constant fuckups and rule amendments...

Someone said, just make the yellow flag it, caution, roll, no passing, till you're clear of flags and the incident they're for....
slipdog
3/4/2013 2:28am
Explain this!

Stewart is clearly making his original pass on RV in the corner before under flashing red lights... Looks like a push to me.

Crush
3/4/2013 2:42am
Hmmm, hadn't seen that? Why are there flashing lights there? Before they gas it for the triple...

Does flashing red light mean no passing or no jumping?

Well I guess all that means is the whole thing is a cluster fuck and needs a review, a proper review, not a we'll do it next time there is a fuck up review
slipdog
3/4/2013 2:59am
I thought the red lights and Red Cross flag was the same thing, no jumping and no passing. I'm not saying RV was right to pass Stewart, but rewatch the video and you can see them flashing as Stewart makes his pass.

One way or another, the way the Red Cross situation is handled is not well thought out.
ga_pike
3/4/2013 4:28am
First, I am a Stewart fan, mainly because I'm a Suzuki guy. I saw the RV pass under red cross but honestly I missed the JS pass on flashing red lights. If JS7 did pass on flashing red lights, then penalize him too, I have no argument against that. The one who lost the most from the night was Milsaps and I'm sure he wouldn't complain if both of them were DQ'd. Smile
rollingtach
3/4/2013 4:44am
Can we agree that was a damn good race and we're lucky to see some healthy racing by guys with serious talent..
mmcmx
3/4/2013 4:58am
What I'm angry is that after Stewarts move I though for sure RV was going to love tap him. Seeing Stewart not racing forward in a Friesesque kind of way sure was quite a sight.
Grieby54
3/4/2013 6:08am
You cannot pass in a section STARTING at the red lights/red cross flag. A block pass before the triple is BEFORE the red lights, and therefore BEFORE the no passing/jumping section.
tapkawiman
3/4/2013 6:52am
Grieby54 wrote:
You cannot pass in a section STARTING at the red lights/red cross flag. A block pass before the triple is BEFORE the red lights, and therefore...
You cannot pass in a section STARTING at the red lights/red cross flag. A block pass before the triple is BEFORE the red lights, and therefore BEFORE the no passing/jumping section.
It appears to me by looking at slipdogs first picture Stewart's pass was after the first red...
jeffro503
3/4/2013 10:02am
Christ this can get confusing hehe.

BTW....it was awesome seeing Stewart with the fire back in him like that. That race had me on my toes man......what an awesome race that was. Wish there wasn't any yellow or red flags at all to taint it some viewers eyes. Best race by far this season.

OH....and might I add this?.......best dirt and best layout of the season ...= .....Best race of the year!

I hope the remaining rounds look this good!

Post a reply to: Explain This ???

The Latest