Excellent discussion point put forward by Matthes, throw it out there for opinions/thoughts

warrnum
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 9:46pm
What if you’re KTM manager Roger DeCoster and you know that Roczen is leaving your team at the end of the year and taking the potential number one plate over to the RCH Suzuki team? I would never suggest that Roger would do anything to hurt Roczen’s chances of beating Dungey, but there’s got to be a part of him that might go that little extra mile with Dungey to try and help him out.

Again, I’m not suggesting anything underhanded by DeCoster here but I’ve been on plenty of teams as a mechanic where there is one part to go around and a choice has to be made. Or maybe the KTM team decides to test a bit more with Dungey as the series winds down. Or maybe they do nothing and it doesn’t matter anyways – I’m just saying that DeCoster is there to win titles for KTM and if Roczen wins and heads out the door, it’s not a great look.

|
KMC440
7/31/2014 3:45am
We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Really. ....
7/31/2014 3:53am
Well from what Dungeys said, and if it lives up to the hype, the 2016 450 SX-F Dungey will be using should help take away the number plate from Roczen. Think about it: The rookie in the 450 class wins the title, and then switches over to Suzuki. Then the next year, his ex-team mate comes and wins the title. KTM is proven as the better bike, which is the whole reason the companies pour all the money into the pros. Because if they win and have good riders people will buy their bikes. Not trying to say Roczen has that in mind, but KTM might be thinking that could happen, if the 2016 lives up to all the hype.
Hut
7/31/2014 3:56am
So hypothetically Factory KTM has only one piston left and.......? LOL
warrnum
7/31/2014 4:01am
Good points return,, KMC go look at the article, use facts to go fishing. Really

The Shop

GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/31/2014 4:54am
Kenny had better watch out for the banana in the tailpipe . . .
wow123
7/31/2014 5:24am
Doesn't the KTM bike still win the championship?

And can use that to promote the bike

I don't go to buy a rider, I go to buy a bike.
KMC440
7/31/2014 5:26am
My job as team manager is to put everyone in the best position possible to be successful because my job depends on it. My job isn't to go fuckin around with someone's bike on MY TEAM to give another rider on MY TEAM an advantage because I have a petty grudge.
Mouse153
7/31/2014 5:43am
That's ridiculous. KTM still wins the championship and that's what is important.
ehr400
7/31/2014 5:49am
Another Euro in panic mode because Kenny may lose the championship and trying to grasp for any conspiracy theories on "making sure" he doesn't win. LMAO. Roger is the most professional guy out there, no way he would ever do such a thing.
JB 19
7/31/2014 5:53am
Mouse153 wrote:
That's ridiculous. KTM still wins the championship and that's what is important.
You don't think they would like to sport the #1 next year instead of seeing it on a Suzuki?

C'mon maaaan.......
7/31/2014 5:59am
It's Roger f'en DeCoster. The godfather of motocross. The Man. The guy who insists the USA send a team to the DesNations every year. He is a key reason for the explosion of KTM's success in the USA. Only a complete idiot would question the integrity of that man.
Riders come and go. Roczen is just yet another.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/31/2014 6:00am
Because this discourse is already open, what do you guys think the team switch has to do with Kenny possibably not doing MXoN? Kenny is leaving under his own free will.... I wouldn't blame KTM a bit if they tell him to let his new team deal with it. That's an extra month of resources KTM would be putting into a guy that's leaving them. Like I said, I can't really blame them for that... IF that's whats going on.
wow123
7/31/2014 6:07am
Mouse153 wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
You don't think they would like to sport the #1 next year instead of seeing it on a Suzuki?

C'mon maaaan.......
You know hes still secretly a Suzuki man?Grinning
7/31/2014 6:10am
The only significant difference between Dungey and Roczen right now is between the ears.
IWreckALot
7/31/2014 6:26am
MxKing809 wrote:
Because this discourse is already open, what do you guys think the team switch has to do with Kenny possibably not doing MXoN? Kenny is leaving...
Because this discourse is already open, what do you guys think the team switch has to do with Kenny possibably not doing MXoN? Kenny is leaving under his own free will.... I wouldn't blame KTM a bit if they tell him to let his new team deal with it. That's an extra month of resources KTM would be putting into a guy that's leaving them. Like I said, I can't really blame them for that... IF that's whats going on.
Just because Roczen is leaving doesn't mean he can't offer value to the team. They could make a lot of head way on testing with Roczen on the bike. He's a bright kid and I'd imagine he gives good mechanic feedback.

I'm not quite following what you're saying so maybe I've gone a different direction than you meant.
IWreckALot
7/31/2014 6:28am
TripleFive wrote:
The only significant difference between Dungey and Roczen right now is between the ears.
I don't think KRoc is mentally breaking down for any other reason than being a little physically exhausted. I think he's still having heat acclimation problems. This week off will tell the tale for him.
ChrisB10
7/31/2014 6:37am
I don't think Roger or anyone on KTM would do anything mechanically but I'm sure Ryan would get a little more attention. It's human nature and doesn't make Roger a monster if inside he's rooting for the guy that's staying with his program.
Cygnus
7/31/2014 6:40am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 6:41am
RD5 seems to be doing just fine so far. Team orders don't seem to be needed just yet. He is just lucky ET didn't make all the races due to injury.
7/31/2014 6:47am
ehr400 wrote:
Another Euro in panic mode because Kenny may lose the championship and trying to grasp for any conspiracy theories on "making sure" he doesn't win. LMAO...
Another Euro in panic mode because Kenny may lose the championship and trying to grasp for any conspiracy theories on "making sure" he doesn't win. LMAO. Roger is the most professional guy out there, no way he would ever do such a thing.
So Matthes is a Euro?
Here is the inevitability of a Vital thread.
The lesson: don't bother posting anything you think might make for interesting discussion, some jingoistic twerp will react like this.
7/31/2014 6:50am
Cygnus wrote:
RD5 seems to be doing just fine so far. Team orders don't seem to be needed just yet. He is just lucky ET didn't make all...
RD5 seems to be doing just fine so far. Team orders don't seem to be needed just yet. He is just lucky ET didn't make all the races due to injury.
The 'theory' and don't get me wrong, I'm not buying in, but the theory is that with a few select parts or adjustments, the team could have already made sure Dungey was doing just fine so far. (in relation to KR)
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/31/2014 7:20am
TripleFive wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't think KRoc is mentally breaking down for any other reason than being a little physically exhausted. I think he's still having heat acclimation problems...
I don't think KRoc is mentally breaking down for any other reason than being a little physically exhausted. I think he's still having heat acclimation problems. This week off will tell the tale for him.
Let's play a mental game....

You hire a great employee, which everyone likes and that employee quickly excels to the pinacle of their profession. This employee then gets another opportunity and takes a positions somewhere else, but stays on with you for a few more months.

Now, an optional and expensive work trip comes up.... Would you float the bill for that employee to go?

My point was....

That's a month extra of bike costs/ matainence, mechanic salary, travel costs, etc for a rider who left on his own free will. It may be a different scenario if the team had decided to not bring him back and threw a bone as a parting gift.... But Roczen chose to leave... And good for him. BUT, I can't blame KTM for possibably not wanting to continue the working relationship any longer than they are contractually obligated to.
h&m_cycle
7/31/2014 8:30am
I got a way better chance of cancer this year, then rog does of dumping sugar in a gas tank. Rog is the MAN...
Old Mate
7/31/2014 8:42am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 9:29am
My son has been on a team for an AMA season with Dungey and DeCoster, there is no more he could do for Ryan that he doesn't do already, I watched himin that workshop just filing a little piece of steel for 2 days, just to read the rear shock better
MarkF
7/31/2014 8:50am
ehr400 wrote:
Another Euro in panic mode because Kenny may lose the championship and trying to grasp for any conspiracy theories on "making sure" he doesn't win. LMAO...
Mr. Knobby wrote:
So Matthes is a Euro? Here is the inevitability of a Vital thread. The lesson: don't bother posting anything you think might make for interesting discussion...
So Matthes is a Euro?
The lesson: don't bother posting anything you think might make for interesting discussion, some jingoistic twerp will react like this.
Haha. I learned a new word. jingoistic: the feelings and beliefs of people who think that their country is always right and who are in favor of aggressive acts against other countries ...
Mr Bean
7/31/2014 8:52am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
So Matthes is a Euro? Here is the inevitability of a Vital thread. The lesson: don't bother posting anything you think might make for interesting discussion...
So Matthes is a Euro?
Yes, he is.

He's from Canada.

Don't you know it's USA vs the world? Just read the posts on here - if someone isn't from 'Merica then they root for anyone but 'Merica.

So, if you're not 'Merican then you are European.

Therefore, Canadian = European.

Likewise, Marvin Martian is not 'Merican so that makes him European.

Same for Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, etc. - all Euros.

Glad I could clear that up. Laughing
Matthes
7/31/2014 8:58am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I don't think Roger or anyone on KTM would do anything mechanically but I'm sure Ryan would get a little more attention. It's human nature and...
I don't think Roger or anyone on KTM would do anything mechanically but I'm sure Ryan would get a little more attention. It's human nature and doesn't make Roger a monster if inside he's rooting for the guy that's staying with his program.
This.
ehr400
7/31/2014 9:13am
ehr400 wrote:
Mr. Knobby wrote:
So Matthes is a Euro?
Didnt say matthes there Canuck. I dont know whats worse, the Eurotard contention stroking off JH84 and AC222 every second or Canucks getting all butt hurt and misconstruing the irony of what I initially said. It was a Australian who is the OP, I just was making a joke of how the Euro GP vs. AMA conspiracy chest thumpers will say thats why Kenny is losing or does in fact lose the championship. But of course you had to show your superior large forehead and beady little eyes. Good job there Bubbles.
ehr400
7/31/2014 9:15am
Whats funnier yet is when the Alessi's claimed they werent getting as good as stuff as AC222 everyone called them crazy and Roger would never do that. Now a bunch of window lickers are insinuating that RD would even try to throw Kennys chances. Wow.

Post a reply to: Excellent discussion point put forward by Matthes, throw it out there for opinions/thoughts

The Latest