Evolution of the sport??

mauidex
8/16/2012 10:31am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2012 1:56pm
well with the new corporate involvements obviously things are changin...........good.....bad???

like to hear your thoughts................seems that race results may start to lose some importance on who gets rides or not and the guys writin the big checks will have big say on who's in the rig...............
|
pete24
8/16/2012 11:24am
125s ruled the sport 250fs killed it
dedi684
8/16/2012 11:40am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2012 11:41am
Sport blows. Have no interest in getting my son into something I've watched turned to shit in the last 20 years.
Barrett57
8/16/2012 11:47am
You lot need to stop being so optimistic.

The Shop

newmann
8/16/2012 11:54am
pete24 wrote:
What he said.
dedi684
8/16/2012 11:57am
pete24 wrote:
Pete, not sure you know but I'm the guy with the yellow yz that was at crow hill. We were talking on the line before practice :Smile
BobTheBuilder
8/16/2012 12:00pm
What is there to be optimistic about? In general, the manufacturers, tracks, and industry aren't making any money. It's ridiculously expensive now for what racers are left. MX has become deadly dangerous. It's slowly dying at the grassroots level while the so called leaders stick their head in sand and blame the economy. Who cares if Monster or Dodge or Massingil or whoever brings money to pro racing...........MX was built from the bottom up not the top down.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/16/2012 12:01pm
Man you whiny bitches really need to go ride your motorcycles, or your wives, or your bikes, or whatever it is that actually gives you a measurable pulse. When I roll up to my favorite track the childish excitement and enthusiasm that overcomes me is absolutely no different now than it was 25 years ago. That's why I'm into the sport, not because of what bike James Stewart rides. Pro motocross is entertaining to me, but it certainly doesn't define my interest in the sport.
dedi684
8/16/2012 12:13pm
when I was a kid, we couldn't wait to make amateur class. I've got a bunch of newbie friends that are whining, quitting and sandbagging cause they wanna be the novice champs. Realistically, you should be pointing out before you could ever be champion of the novice class.
newmann
8/16/2012 12:26pm
pete24 wrote:
newmann wrote:
What he said.
But I gotta admit, that Osborne bike on Ebay sure perks my ears up. Too bad I've been the recipient of two majorly cooked and scattered 250F's that were ungodly expensive to repair. Otherwise, I would be emptying out the coin jug.....again!
pete24
8/16/2012 12:27pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Man you whiny bitches really need to go ride your motorcycles, or your wives, or your bikes, or whatever it is that actually gives you a...
Man you whiny bitches really need to go ride your motorcycles, or your wives, or your bikes, or whatever it is that actually gives you a measurable pulse. When I roll up to my favorite track the childish excitement and enthusiasm that overcomes me is absolutely no different now than it was 25 years ago. That's why I'm into the sport, not because of what bike James Stewart rides. Pro motocross is entertaining to me, but it certainly doesn't define my interest in the sport.
i am a whiny bitch, no doubt, and i really hate 250fs and i think they should stop making them today! but i never said i dont like ridding my dirt bike , and i really dont give a shit what james/bubba/vilo/reed/dungey are ridding, i got a 12 yz 250 2 stroke had an 11, 09,08,07,and 06 the god dam thing never changes but i keep buying them
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/16/2012 12:27pm
newmann wrote:
But I gotta admit, that Osborne bike on Ebay sure perks my ears up. Too bad I've been the recipient of two majorly cooked and scattered...
But I gotta admit, that Osborne bike on Ebay sure perks my ears up. Too bad I've been the recipient of two majorly cooked and scattered 250F's that were ungodly expensive to repair. Otherwise, I would be emptying out the coin jug.....again!
What year was it when you had these explosions that we have now heard about hundreds of times?
Presley155
8/16/2012 12:29pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Man you whiny bitches really need to go ride your motorcycles, or your wives, or your bikes, or whatever it is that actually gives you a...
Well said Grape. I love both Pro and amateur racing as well, but the purest enjoyment comes from just riding. Who cares about 2 strokes, 4 strokes, corporate sponsors, and all the other B.S. Just get out and ride! I still get excited the night before I'm going riding. And when I pull up to the track and see it all groomed up and watered I get giddy.
newmann
8/16/2012 12:48pm
newmann wrote:
But I gotta admit, that Osborne bike on Ebay sure perks my ears up. Too bad I've been the recipient of two majorly cooked and scattered...
GrapeApe wrote:
What year was it when you had these explosions that we have now heard about hundreds of times?
Not long ago enough to have faded from my memory and besides, what the fuck difference does it make? It took a good customer and turned him off. My new bike purchases dropped off in a big way after those two gems. I'd rather be a two stroke taliban than a four stroke fellater anyway.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/16/2012 1:16pm
newmann wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
newmann wrote:
Not long ago enough to have faded from my memory and besides, what the fuck difference does it make? It took a good customer and turned...
Not long ago enough to have faded from my memory and besides, what the fuck difference does it make? It took a good customer and turned him off. My new bike purchases dropped off in a big way after those two gems. I'd rather be a two stroke taliban than a four stroke fellater anyway.
10+ years ago you blew up two bikes, and you still carry on and on and on and on like a woman scorned at the alter. Get over it. I would bet 90% of the people on this board have blown up a bike, you're not alone. We get it, you don't like 250f's, or 450f's, or 500 2t's, or really 250 2t's. The AMA sucks, and dealers are thieves for charging fees on new bikes. Vinyl numbers on jerseys are too hot, and the Japanese manufacturers don't listen to their customers. Does this all sound familiar, because I could keep going? Your incessant bitching and whining about the sport is tiresome. "Good customer"? Lol.
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
8/16/2012 1:28pm
GrapeApe wrote:
newmann wrote:
Not long ago enough to have faded from my memory and besides, what the fuck difference does it make? It took a good customer and turned...
GrapeApe wrote:
10+ years ago you blew up two bikes, and you still carry on and on and on and on like a woman scorned at the alter...
10+ years ago you blew up two bikes, and you still carry on and on and on and on like a woman scorned at the alter. Get over it. I would bet 90% of the people on this board have blown up a bike, you're not alone. We get it, you don't like 250f's, or 450f's, or 500 2t's, or really 250 2t's. The AMA sucks, and dealers are thieves for charging fees on new bikes. Vinyl numbers on jerseys are too hot, and the Japanese manufacturers don't listen to their customers. Does this all sound familiar, because I could keep going? Your incessant bitching and whining about the sport is tiresome. "Good customer"? Lol.
I respect you and your opinion newmann, but I have to agree with GrapeApe. A good portion of your posts look like that and the constant negativity gets old. Have you owned a new bike lately, let alone rode one?
newmann
8/16/2012 1:35pm
GrapeApe wrote:
newmann wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
10+ years ago you blew up two bikes, and you still carry on and on and on and on like a woman scorned at the alter...
Got me a bitter obsessed stalker? Love you too, dear!

And yes, good customer.
jeffro503
8/16/2012 1:36pm
Damn you guys.........

Here in the states ( and probably other places to ) the economy has taken a hit....and with that our sport has taken a hit. Bike costs are automatically going to go up with inflation as our paychecks dwindle.......BUT.....in the last couple years since I have been back out at the tracks , I see it slowly but steadily growing / improving.

Take a reality check for second here........you think maybe the sport seems to suck because maybe you're burned out a little? Maybe it's not so much the sport......but the problem lies within?

Taking a 6yr break was exactly what I needed. I came back revived and am having a blast doing this sport again. I could care less what I'm riding.....as long as I'm out there riding with my buddies.

Cheer up.........sheeesh.
8/16/2012 1:41pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Year doesn't matter if it was a Yamaha. Woohoo
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
8/16/2012 1:42pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Damn you guys......... Here in the states ( and probably other places to ) the economy has taken a hit....and with that our sport has taken...
Damn you guys.........

Here in the states ( and probably other places to ) the economy has taken a hit....and with that our sport has taken a hit. Bike costs are automatically going to go up with inflation as our paychecks dwindle.......BUT.....in the last couple years since I have been back out at the tracks , I see it slowly but steadily growing / improving.

Take a reality check for second here........you think maybe the sport seems to suck because maybe you're burned out a little? Maybe it's not so much the sport......but the problem lies within?

Taking a 6yr break was exactly what I needed. I came back revived and am having a blast doing this sport again. I could care less what I'm riding.....as long as I'm out there riding with my buddies.

Cheer up.........sheeesh.
Best post in this thread.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/16/2012 1:43pm
newmann wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
newmann wrote:
Got me a bitter obsessed stalker? Love you too, dear!

And yes, good customer.
Love you, too Kissing
Torco1
8/16/2012 1:50pm
Christ, I guess some of us aren't happy unless we're unhappy. It's obvious that some of you not only dislike the sport now....but you have a flat out hatred for it. Why not just sell your shit and take up some other new interest? Nobody is forcing anyone to be involved with motocross.

Post a reply to: Evolution of the sport??

The Latest