Everyone cool with the Nat's being called the "summer series"?

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/20/2011 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 6:51pm
olds cool wrote:
So then Feld wouldn't mind if DC and all of his associates referred to SX as the winter series since the majority of it takes place...
So then Feld wouldn't mind if DC and all of his associates referred to SX as the winter series since the majority of it takes place in the winter, no?Tongue
Common sense would suggest that they call it motocross, motocross nationals, or outdoor series.

I'd guess DC doesn't really sweat what they call the Supercross series.
2/20/2011 6:55pm
What are you talking about Scottie?
Highsider
2/20/2011 7:02pm
Wadded_Up wrote:
A joke about your "Just do it"?

The Shop

olds cool
2/20/2011 7:14pm
olds cool wrote:
So then Feld wouldn't mind if DC and all of his associates referred to SX as the winter series since the majority of it takes place...
So then Feld wouldn't mind if DC and all of his associates referred to SX as the winter series since the majority of it takes place in the winter, no?Tongue
GuyB wrote:
Common sense would suggest that they call it motocross, motocross nationals, or outdoor series.

I'd guess DC doesn't really sweat what they call the Supercross series.
No doubt that's true about DC but common sense, or the use thereof takes most (not quite all) of the fun out of life.
jib-tmb
2/20/2011 7:59pm
Mstock wrote:
No shit. WHY did their employer tell them to?
Maybe for the benifit of the non moto fans that are watching.
40Plus_922mx
2/21/2011 2:15am
Yes it matters and heres why.
First of all it doesnt start in the summer. 2nd and most importantly its is big money politics. And it is gaining too much control over the sport. You guys whine about the AMA? Wait till the corp big wigs who have so many promoters under thier arms start calling the shots. Might br too late. We have now gone beyond the point of no return. It used to be "whats best for the sport". Now it's "whats best for the proffit margin". So keep sayin this stuff doesnt matter.
RMZ819
2/21/2011 2:20am
Mstock wrote:
Ralph and Emig keep refering to the Nationals as the summer series. Why? Someone please explain it. How many little summer series did emig win? Meaningless...
Ralph and Emig keep refering to the Nationals as the summer series.

Why?

Someone please explain it.

How many little summer series did emig win? Meaningless series right?
In 10 yrs its going to be called what series was that again??? those two cats can call it what they want because the sport is dead in 10 yrs.
DC
2/21/2011 4:38am
RMZ, send me your smiling address up there in Michigan so I can send you some good thoughts for a change.... Or maybe just a sharper blade for those wrists.

Feld is hosting the NPG promoters this weekend in Atlanta. We have a good working relationship, we helped promote their series at our events and they give us slake and mentions at all of their events, from AMA Supercross to Nuclear Cowboyz.

There is no grassy knoll here.

DC
MX Sports
jndmx
2/21/2011 4:44am
DC wrote:
RMZ, send me your smiling address up there in Michigan so I can send you some good thoughts for a change.... Or maybe just a sharper...
RMZ, send me your smiling address up there in Michigan so I can send you some good thoughts for a change.... Or maybe just a sharper blade for those wrists.

Feld is hosting the NPG promoters this weekend in Atlanta. We have a good working relationship, we helped promote their series at our events and they give us slake and mentions at all of their events, from AMA Supercross to Nuclear Cowboyz.

DC
MX Sports
I'll pay for overnight shipping DC.....lol
MxNate701
2/21/2011 8:36am
Are we sure Emig isnt confused, I think he meant to refer to the Summers Eve Series, you know for Womens MX! Granted he and Ralph probably douche enough to qualify.
2/21/2011 9:42am
Wadded_Up wrote:
Highsider wrote:
A joke about your "Just do it"?
ocscottie wrote:
Cool
I though you were clicking me for something I said........It went over my head!
RMZ819
2/21/2011 10:33am
DC wrote:
RMZ, send me your smiling address up there in Michigan so I can send you some good thoughts for a change.... Or maybe just a sharper...

DC
MX Sports
Just calling it like a see it. DC. The sport is hurting in a bad way. the Entry level is dead. Pdubs are gone. With it goes the sport. You know it and so do I. Parents are not going to do a 3 grand buy in to check this sport out. You might want to figure out how to kill the hot 50's real soon. Whoever has been at the wheel of this sport has had there pecker in there hand the last 4 yrs. Waiting for Jr to start riding at the age of 10 is not happening. There's to many sports out there that the kids are already involved in at that age. The window to get the family hooked is long gone.
DC
2/21/2011 10:34am
I just realized my iPad spellchecked a couple of things I typed wrong.... Feld give us "space" and not "slake", and I wanted RMZ's mailing address, not his "smiling" address, those that's one of those cases where automatic spellcheck made something even funnier than it was in the first place.

DC
MX Sports
RMZ819
2/21/2011 10:37am
DC wrote:
I just realized my iPad spellchecked a couple of things I typed wrong.... Feld give us "space" and not "slake", and I wanted RMZ's mailing address...
I just realized my iPad spellchecked a couple of things I typed wrong.... Feld give us "space" and not "slake", and I wanted RMZ's mailing address, not his "smiling" address, those that's one of those cases where automatic spellcheck made something even funnier than it was in the first place.

DC
MX Sports
I will text you my address. I think i still have your phone numbers.
DC
2/21/2011 11:24am
Dan, I was joking about sending you anything. I just don't look at life like you do, which is glass-not-only-half-empty, but-world-about-to-end-apocalypse-now kind of stuff. The sport will alway have challenges due to costs as technology evolves.... Same goes for car racing.

I know there's a debate to be made about powerful pee-wee motorcycles, but Sean Hilbert, the owner of Cobra Motorcycles, has done more to help keep those YZingers and JR50s and everything else on showroom floors by being an active, vital member of the push to repeal the lead law. We just had two meetings with the MIC and the AMA at the Indy Trade Show and Sean was there fighting for all sizes of minicycles....

And he's from Michigan.

DC
MX Sports
2/21/2011 11:56am
DC wrote:
I just realized my iPad spellchecked a couple of things I typed wrong.... Feld give us "space" and not "slake", and I wanted RMZ's mailing address...

DC
MX Sports
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/21/2011 12:50pm
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
[img]http://damnyouautocorrect.com/images/adopted-dyac.jpg[/img]
Here's something I posted to Facebook last week (after spending some time looking at damnyouautocorrect.com).

I turned off auto-correct on my phone, so if you see me say, "I'm curled up with a bowl of Nazi ball soup," or, "I'm about to watch potatoes of the carribean," I really meant to say that.
DC
2/22/2011 11:48am
Reese, as I wrote you in a response to one of your previous letters on this, as a fan I am bummed that there is no webcast, yet I am super-pumped about the fact that half the races are live on SPEED--including all four for the next month. That's not rocking the boat; that's just losing one step while still going way up on the ladder.

DC
MX Sports
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
497th
2/22/2011 12:43pm
GuyB wrote:
I'll bet Feld runs a Rekluse clutch, too...

Pretty sneaky.
I think they have "Seen the light" and are now using the revloc dyna ring.
kongols
2/22/2011 12:48pm
DC wrote:
Reese, as I wrote you in a response to one of your previous letters on this, as a fan I am bummed that there is no...
Reese, as I wrote you in a response to one of your previous letters on this, as a fan I am bummed that there is no webcast, yet I am super-pumped about the fact that half the races are live on SPEED--including all four for the next month. That's not rocking the boat; that's just losing one step while still going way up on the ladder.

DC
MX Sports
Could we clear another question. Will first moto`s of Nationals gonna be live on internet?
Adam43
2/22/2011 12:54pm
DC you sure can take the high road.

You use your platforms to promote and grow another promoters series. It's obvious the passion is there. I think a lot of fans are upset that the SX promoters seem to not pay the Nationals the same respect, and even diminish it with dumbass remarks like "summer series."

Obviously they view your superior product as a threat!
DC
2/22/2011 1:28pm
Yes, the first motos of the AMA Motocross tour will be live on the internet -- and more. Stay tuned.

But the rest of this is much ado about nothing. I don't blame them for clipping the webcast if so few were listening. We lost the audio but picked up live TV on half the series -- I will take that upgrade and follow the races I miss on Twitter!

DC
MX Sports
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
2/22/2011 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2011 1:34pm
DC wrote:
Yes, the first motos of the AMA Motocross tour will be live on the internet -- and more. Stay tuned. But the rest of this is...
Yes, the first motos of the AMA Motocross tour will be live on the internet -- and more. Stay tuned.

But the rest of this is much ado about nothing. I don't blame them for clipping the webcast if so few were listening. We lost the audio but picked up live TV on half the series -- I will take that upgrade and follow the races I miss on Twitter!

DC
MX Sports
Just out of curiosity...regarding the SX live webcast.
What kind of numbers did you hear on listeners per show?
kongols
2/22/2011 1:30pm
DC wrote:
Yes, the first motos of the AMA Motocross tour will be live on the internet -- and more. Stay tuned. But the rest of this is...

DC
MX Sports
Thank you. Will be sleeping like a baby tonight.Wink

Post a reply to: Everyone cool with the Nat's being called the "summer series"?

The Latest