Everyone cool with the Nat's being called the "summer series"?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2011 12:46 PM

Ralph and Emig keep refering to the Nationals as the summer series.

Why?

Someone please explain it.

How many little summer series did emig win? Meaningless series right?

|

2/20/2011 12:48 PM

What time of year do they run that series again?

|

2/20/2011 12:48 PM

Because their employer told them to.

|

Thanks,

Chad McCan

2/20/2011 12:49 PM

Chad McCan wrote:

Because their employer told them to.

No shit. WHY did their employer tell them to?

|

2/20/2011 12:52 PM

How about calling SX the "waiting series"? Don´t know about you lot, but I´m counting the days for mx to start

|

2/20/2011 12:53 PM

I give credit to MXsports and Mr. Coombs. They sponsor the very series that will not mention their product. That takes marketing balls if I ever seen it.

|

2/20/2011 12:55 PM

i thought the summer series was the second chance series.joke

|

2/20/2011 12:57 PM

What time of year do they run that series again?

|

2/20/2011 1:00 PM

who cares what they call it? Do you have a life or do you worry about dumb stuff like this all the time?ermm

|

2/20/2011 1:18 PM

If it were not for the past National motocross series Supercross would not exist. And vise versa. Any chance for a little synergy between the two? No. Ok. Good. We can move on now. Shocker. Pathetic little sport.

|

2/20/2011 1:21 PM

What time of year do they run that series again?

|

2/20/2011 1:23 PM

Mmmm...Summer and motocross!

Sounds good to me.

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

2/20/2011 1:28 PM

Mstock wrote:

If it were not for the past National motocross series Supercross would not exist. And vise versa. Any chance for a little ...more

Agreed-I'm not cool with that moniker. It is the premier series of the year-the NATIONAL MOTOCROSS OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP, and it is NOT "an FIM world championship blah, blah, blah" thank God. Where men race 30+2 and sheep run scared....

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

2/20/2011 4:39 PM

Is Emig talking about that series that has the parking lot jump?

|

2/20/2011 4:43 PM

OK

Since the Speed broadcast goes out to more than just the folks here on Vital.....maybe.....JUST maybe they are trying to draw in a few more casual fans that don't know what the Nationals are?

If you say there is a series during the summer maybe that will help to cross-promote the sport and grow it a little bit.

|

2/20/2011 4:43 PM

What exactly do you want us to do?

They've yet to listen to us.

|

2/20/2011 4:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2011 4:45 PM

Summer series ahhhhh!!!!! Short shorts summer dresses what could be better?

|

why do today what you can put off till tomorrow

2/20/2011 4:54 PM

I don't recall the context of the statement you're referring to, but the phase "summer series" connotes a lot of positive feelings that, quite frankly, get me excited about summer and motocross (especially given the current season/time of year). Don't dismiss the fact that there might be a very good reason for using that phase just because you can't reciprocate -seems like the majority of the people replying to this thread like it (i.e. mission accomplished broadcast team).

|

My new closer for every pitch I make (work related or otherwise) “[Buy now and] get some kind of hella, super-sweet deal… it’s so special they haven’t really even told me what it is.” Quote courtesy of Steve Matthes.

2/20/2011 4:58 PM

Mstock wrote:

If it were not for the past National motocross series Supercross would not exist. And vise versa. Any chance for a little ...more

dude. i thought you were only gonna talk about your racing, your training and your riding?? whats with all this "Pro Racing" talk???

|

2/20/2011 5:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2011 6:54 PM

I seriously can't believe someone made a thread over Ralph and Emig's choice of words.


Seriously, go ride... That way things like this won't stress anybody out.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

2/20/2011 5:29 PM

who cares, what they say or televise has absolutely no affect on my riding...

|

It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms

2/20/2011 5:36 PM

So is the hunt for conspiracy theories.

As far as I know, Feld and the MX Sports guys have a great working relationship, they frequently have Nationals promoters on the podium for interviews during pre-race activities, and can often be found at Red Bud during the summer.

|

2/20/2011 6:07 PM

I asked around about this and it seems that Feld doesn't want the guys saying "Lucas Oil Motocross" because they have a conflicting sponsor. Which is perfectly fine.

They say that they don't tell the announcers to say "summer series" but yet somehow, Jeff Emig who raced motocross his whole life, all of a sudden starts calling it the "summer series" for one reason or another. I know the teams all find this funny and strange all at the same time.

MX Sports let's Feld promote sx at the nationals and vice versa so I'm not really sure what/where/who this came from but I suppose it's possible that Emig just made up a new name.blink

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

2/20/2011 6:10 PM

Please Lord.....less Supercross and more Motocross Nationals. I know the deal with more tickets sold for stadium racing,,,,,but damn,,,they need need to schedule a Nat in the SE.....make it like Woodstock...the people will come and surpass ticket sales for a supercross race!

|

2/20/2011 6:11 PM

Matthes wrote:

I asked around about this and it seems that Feld doesn't want the guys saying "Lucas Oil Motocross" because they have a ...more

Sorta like "Parking Lot Jump" cool

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

2/20/2011 6:12 PM

Whats wrong with "outdoor nationals"?

|

Don't Drink the Kool Aid..................

2/20/2011 6:14 PM

Does this really matter? The series is in the summer so why not call it the summer "series"

|

2/20/2011 6:15 PM

Hey Wadded_Up, right below your sig us admins have a delete button, every time i see it i think, oh ok. lol

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

2/20/2011 6:21 PM

I'll bet Feld runs a Rekluse clutch, too...

Pretty sneaky.

|

2/20/2011 6:23 PM

GuyB wrote:

I'll bet Feld runs a Rekluse clutch, too...

Pretty sneaky.

lol

|