Ever had your bike stolen?

jgmxdad251
12/27/2018 3:32pm
mx918 wrote:
Some of you may remember my stolen bike story from INSIDE Anaheim 2 back in 2016. After the LCQ, I parked my KTM450 in the tunnel...
Some of you may remember my stolen bike story from INSIDE Anaheim 2 back in 2016.

After the LCQ, I parked my KTM450 in the tunnel along with several other bikes to watch the main. Came back to find it gone.
Long story short, myself and a buddy spent the next 14 hours tracking it down with some leads and caught the bastard red handed (3 hours from the stadium) and he was arrested right there. Needless to say, Feld has cracked down on fake press passes since then! One of the best feelings in the world watching him get cuffed. I can't stand a thief!

I wish more people had success stories like mine.
That’s the bike Brandon got a picture of, my kid is friends with him. Glad you got your bike back. Sure took a long time to prosecute that scum bag.
Flip109
12/27/2018 5:03pm
Never had one stolen thankfully. Although when we were like 19-20 I had a buddy that picked up basically a brand new Yz125 at the time for like $1500 off some shady dude lol. We all knew it was hot but he didn’t care. Got the cops called to his apartment one night when he had a party. They ran the vin and it came back stolen. Needless to say he lost his bike and his money. Lesson learned lol
12/27/2018 6:30pm
Yup, sure did. Two week old 1991 KX125. Still winter and only broke it in. I had a 1971 Plymouth Cuda and was selling leftover parts from the restore. An individual came to give the parts a look and told his shady friends about the bikes. A week later they broke in. They stripped the bike and swapped all the parts to 1990 frame and buried the 1991 frame in the woods. I discovered all this thru the grapevine. Cool thing is nearly everyone involved became a junkie or a tweaker and the main culprit I heard is taking the long dirtnap. No tears shed here.
Rickyisms
12/27/2018 6:40pm
GangGreen wrote:
[b]Did anyone else read "Bikes Stolen at Gunpoint", from Hard Rock Cycle Park ?? [/b] Sorry if this was already posted. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/12/27/313466/s1200_At_Gunpoint.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/12/27/313467/s1200_At_Gunpoint_2.jpg[/img]
Did anyone else read "Bikes Stolen at Gunpoint", from Hard Rock Cycle Park ??
Sorry if this was already posted.

place is a shithole, always has been and will be.

The Shop

Stevo683
12/28/2018 9:54am
Stevo683 wrote:
I had my 94 CR125 stolen in 96. Went to the bank that week and bought a brand new 96 CR125 off the showroom floor to...
I had my 94 CR125 stolen in 96. Went to the bank that week and bought a brand new 96 CR125 off the showroom floor to replace it. Got a call 12 years later from a police department in Pa. that they had found it. Thought it was a prank. Drove 4 hours to pick it up. It was toast but all there. They arrested the guy and he paid me restitution for the parts to fix it up for a year. Never thought I would see it again.
HenryA wrote:
12 years? that's insane! Tell us more, how far away was the bike from the location that it was stolen? How did the guy get caught...
12 years? that's insane! Tell us more, how far away was the bike from the location that it was stolen?

How did the guy get caught? Surely can't be the same guy who stole it 12 years ago?
Crazy thing was when I called the cop back after he left me a voicemail, I asked if he wanted the vin #. I had the vin # in my wallet all that time just in case I came across it someday. I live in central Ohio and it was recovered North of Pittsburgh. The guy that had it originally lived in Columbus. The cops were at the guys house on a unrelated issue and they saw the bike with the vin ground off the frame. They used an ultra violet light to see the vin #s to verify it was stolen. Must have been in some nationwide data base. Not sure if it was the same guy or not. Dirtbag..I sold it to a guy that restored it and raced it in some vintage mx races. That thing was so much faster that the 96 that I replaced it with..
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
12/28/2018 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 8:44pm
I love to tinker and clean, so this is how my bike sits most days. Live on a street with 2 state troopers and one ex Law officer who left because of strong opinions of "thugs" only one way in and out. Shop with security system. Wont say it won't ever happen but someone is gonna have to work for it.

I know some people who leave all their bikes, gear, and tools in the trailer in the yard. Their response "insurance will cover it"
12/28/2018 8:46pm
Got my perfectly set up YZ250 stolen outta my garage. Searing rage ensued. Bike was insured. I never insured a bone until 4 months before it happened because I keep reading of all the thefts.

Now I just insure them and If someone takes them...whatever. Just get another one. I still try to stay low key. No crazy van graphics etc.....

Sucks when you get robbed. Sorry you had to deal with that. Buy the $60-200 insurance. Rest easy my friend.
mxer807
12/28/2018 9:33pm
Titans in concrete with a lock, locks in rotors, camera, and insurance. Anybody with a plan, vehicle, and not a worry about messing the bikes up can still get em, but at least it would take some work and tools.

12/29/2018 5:07pm
Havent had a motorcycle stolen, luckily. But, back in high school when most of us rode BMX, a friend of a friends bike got stolen. We knew who had it and had a stake out one day waiting for him to leave his house. We snuck in and got in back.

All these stories have me paranoid now. Im leaving for Florida in 2 days to ride mx Dry
Flyer523
12/29/2018 5:37pm
I grew up in Venezuela where I raced in the 70's. I had at this particular time(I was about 15 then), 2 RM 125's for which one was in pieces and the engine was out of the frame on a work bench. I came home one afternoon after school and found the engine gone. I told a buddy of mine who worked as a detective about my engine being stolen, he said that he would keep an eye out for it.

One day about 3 months later, he shows up at my house with an associate and tells me that he knows where the engine is...

He tells me to get in their unmarked chevy nova car and that he will drive us to where the motor is supposedly. We get to this poor part of town in Puerto Ordaz (My hometown in Venezuela) and he parks the car in front a row of houses. I'm sitting in the back not knowing what to expect when my buddy opens the glove compartment and gets a revolver and hands it over to me. He says " Let's go get your engine" I am stunned and look at him with shock in my eyes and tell him, no thanks, I'll just stay in the car Smile . Things get done a little differently south of the border, lol.

They did recover my engine and arrested the slime. I was amazed that he found the engine in such a big city.

I have other stories but for another time...
BobKerr
12/29/2018 6:13pm
Yes. I had my two CR 250's stolen out of my parents garage. The bikes were not recovered.
Mxracer607
5/4/2020 7:42pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Not a dirt bike but my first motorcycle was stolen. I was stationed at Beale AFB and in late 1991 myself and my now wife got...
Not a dirt bike but my first motorcycle was stolen. I was stationed at Beale AFB and in late 1991 myself and my now wife got an apartment together close to the mall in Yuba City. We where there 6 damn days when my 1991 FZR 600 was stolen from the parking lot. I went out that am to wash it and couldn't find it. I was in shock and walked around the complex for about 20 minutes before going to the office to see if they had it towed or what. Called the police and filed the report. They found it a week later at a hotel in Marysville. It had been wrecked, frame gouged, all plastics broken or cracked, back tire burned off and other random things. I was soooooo damn mad when I saw it. The tow company picked it up and took it to the yard only about 2 blocks from where it was found. They made it worse by picking it up with a chain. WTF??? Anyway, insurance company was going to fix it but changed their mind after a couple of weeks. All these years later it still pisses me off. How someone can steal someone else's stuff is beyond me...

About a year later i got my first dirt bike. Made a trade for my 1980 bronco for a Nissan pick up and a CR 500. Bike was road hard and put up wet but man did I have fun riding it in the river wash area under the Marysville bridge.

F thieves. ....
I can almost guarantee that it was the Linda tweakers. that area in Marysville is full of tweakers and hobos.
5/4/2020 8:21pm
Had a punk try and steal my bike after washing it and went in to grab phone. My neighbor is my close buddy and rough guy. Walked over and started beating the crap out of him till I got out of the house. I see the tweaker every now and again since he lives close. He and his buddies wont even look over when they drive by.
5/4/2020 9:17pm
In Anadarko OK. Lifted daughter's KX 85 over side of pickup left son's 125. Pickup was backed up to a fence. Cops called me about 2 weeks later kid broad sided a car with it, must have been local rich kid they would not let me file charges plus had to pay 250 dollars for
towing and storage.
5/5/2020 12:52am
Not a bike....but i car I had was stolen. 1986 IROC-Z. Police found it stripped to the bone. Worst feeling ever walking out to find nothing but a pile of broken glass where you left your car.
OG725
5/5/2020 5:49am
Truck, two gear bags, and two bikes. Got the truck back.
Mxracer607
5/5/2020 9:41am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2020 9:42am
I had a full mod crf50 stolen in 2013 I was so pissed. my mom had left the garage open when she went to the local Walmart and some tweaker caught his attention on a yellow bbr modded crf50. threw it into his mini van and sped off. some dude walking his dogs saw and knocked on our door and let us know.
5/5/2020 2:38pm
You guys seem to have it much better than we do in the UK. I would say on average i read of at least two bikes stolen a day on facebook (Just the ones i see) at the moment my timelines are just full of them, 6 different occasions on just saturday alone, the cops dont care over here as they just see motocross bikes as a problem to control. Alarms, chains, trackers etc doesnt put them off here, many end up in main land europe.

Post a reply to: Ever had your bike stolen?

The Latest