Euros are on it...

dustmx
Fantasy
1346th
9/2/2017 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2017 9:21am
Well I think it's proof in the pudding,

Having spent time in the U.K always seeing the USA as the dominant force all the way through.

With the dominant show of Herlings at iron man, then considering the other riders who are able to challenge and stop him for a win in any standing GP at anytime or point or could be a number of riders, all depending on ( bike setup.?, track conditions, or which way the wind blows)

It seems in the motocross department the euros have the upper game..
To me it's an eye opener..

I know in a championship it takes way more than a race, riders have many things to over come, and as ping says when you are on your game things seem to flow however it's so easy for a rider to be put off and ride like your average joe

Maybe tomorrow is a different story.. we shall see who comes to play when the pressure is on
|
kkawboy14
9/2/2017 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 5:01pm
Herlings? Dude Cairolli is a washed up old guy and he spanked everybody also!
dustmx
Fantasy
1346th
9/2/2017 5:07pm
I'm saying the Euros in general, all the way through not just the top three, looks like the top 7 maybe 10 is what USA was a few years back.
USA has names and exposure, maybe Europe has the riders???

I would like to see USA Dominate it just seems the cards are on the other side and we need luck?

Yes championships are different many rounds with same competitors does change things, however right from my seat it looks like we USA need to step it up some how (in motocross)
wasummer46
9/2/2017 5:39pm
Huh? Do all of you really have that short of memory? I attended last years MXGP in Charlotte and that was embarrassing what cooper Webb and tomac did to both classes. Come from behind win over herlings for Webb with forkner right there. Tomac completely running away from the field with ease. Also glen helen?

The Shop

mhog
9/2/2017 5:46pm
Unless something drastically changes tomorrow, it doesn't appear the US riders have the GP covered this year. I don't expect any of the US riders to challenge JH or AC222 with the speed they've shown in free practice and in the qualifying race. Those guy's have such a smooth riding style, it's fun to watch. Bummer for AC92 and Cooper not racing due to injuries.
305FC250
9/2/2017 5:56pm
wasummer46 wrote:
Huh? Do all of you really have that short of memory? I attended last years MXGP in Charlotte and that was embarrassing what cooper Webb and...
Huh? Do all of you really have that short of memory? I attended last years MXGP in Charlotte and that was embarrassing what cooper Webb and tomac did to both classes. Come from behind win over herlings for Webb with forkner right there. Tomac completely running away from the field with ease. Also glen helen?
But that was last year not this year...

On a brighter note, Covington and Cooper held it down pretty well in the MX2 class.
dustmx
Fantasy
1346th
9/2/2017 6:17pm
wasummer46 wrote:
Huh? Do all of you really have that short of memory? I attended last years MXGP in Charlotte and that was embarrassing what cooper Webb and...
305FC250 wrote:

On a brighter note, Covington and Cooper held it down pretty well in the MX2 class.
Agreed a year is a big difference.. look at Osborne
9/2/2017 6:23pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/02/212619/s1200_JTS.jpg[/img]

That moment when the Americans finally realise what we have known for years.
biscuit11
9/2/2017 6:36pm
Track was wet its not supposed to rain tonight should be a lot drier tomorrow. Also Eli was only 6th at Glen Helen qualifying race 2 seconds off. This isn't the normal AMA 1 day format hes saving energy for tomorrow. Not sure if he will win but we will see the attack mode Eli no doubt. Can't wait!!!!
St Ann More
9/2/2017 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 6:41pm
wasummer46 wrote:
Herlings winning three out of four USGP motos, arguably not at his best given one GP in two months last year leading into America because of injury is getting embarrassed? Tough crowd!
9/2/2017 6:57pm
wasummer46 wrote:
Herlings winning three out of four USGP motos, arguably not at his best given one GP in two months last year leading into America because of...
Herlings winning three out of four USGP motos, arguably not at his best given one GP in two months last year leading into America because of injury is getting embarrassed? Tough crowd!
Some people don't like facts... Wink

Yes, the current crop of US riders has something to prove. Both TC and JH are fabulous to watch ride.
drt410
9/2/2017 7:09pm

Years? Its only been 1 year since webb and eli put on a clinic.
tvo314
9/2/2017 7:11pm

Many Americans have known this for years. We aren't all the same.
Sodipop
9/2/2017 7:15pm

drt410 wrote:
Do you know anything about the circumstances for Herlings in that race?

Herlings is next level and a lot of us have been saying it for years and have been correct. A lot of American fans didn't want to hear it.
struth
9/2/2017 7:26pm
222 &84 on sand have always be next level ,on hard packed give me 94 n tomac.
9/2/2017 7:26pm
I think the GP riders arguably are better at MX overall IF purely looked at from the pov of variety of terrains and conditions they face. However they're certainly not better everywhere. Hold the same race round Redbud etc, and Tomac would probably destroy everyone. In other words the track for any GP vs AMA encounter unsurprisingly plays a huge factor. Jumping from one extreme to the next based on who won last is a little bit silly imo. Suggesting the results from today would been the same round Glen Helen (due to GP rider progression over a single year) is positively laughable.

And of course lest we get too carried away, the real race hasn't happened yet. Though I personally don't now see Tomac winning, I'd be amazed if he didn't improve hugely, at least into a top 5 threat, I'm thinking 3rd or 4th. Beyond that I'm hardly going out on a limb to say that I just can't see anyone getting near Jeffrey without a major mistake or mechanical.
wasummer46
9/2/2017 7:28pm
drt410 wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
Do you know anything about the circumstances for Herlings in that race? Herlings is next level and a lot of us have been saying it for...

Herlings is next level and a lot of us have been saying it for years and have been correct. A lot of American fans didn't want to hear it.
Herlings clinched the championship in the first moto. Second Moto Webb came from almost last to pass herlings and forkner. Not denying Herlings speed, what he did to the field in Ironman was embarrassing for everyone in the AMA circuit. But let's not jump to conclusions saying the Americans are miles behind based off a wet muddy WW qualifying race
PressPassP
9/2/2017 7:57pm
wasummer46 wrote:
305FC250 wrote:

dustmx wrote:
Agreed a year is a big difference.. look at Osborne
A lot of differences too,these guys are still in a championship,they have the MXGP Netherlands next week and France the following week.
Last year they were seeing the season out,it certainly seemed a bit lacklustre,some injury plagued,notably Cairoli with his hand,,he's a different rider this year,Tomac was still awesome though

Herlings did win the 1st Moto in Charlotte too going a second faster than anyone in the class on the day,but Webb was fantastic in that 2nd Moto,the rest off MX2 were poor,although way better at GH

I'm not sure about an embarrassment though,Tomac today was definately not at his best,no way he's 5 seconds a lap off Herlings and Cairoli and 1.10 down,tomorrow will be a different story I'm sure

agn5009
9/2/2017 8:18pm
Something is definitely up with Tomac. He's been off for a while.

With that being said, Herlings and Cairoli are on another level compared to anyone racing tomorrow. I think Musquin a healthy Baggett and an on Tomac could certainly run with them two on any given day (minus sand.)
bsharkey
9/2/2017 8:22pm
when I saw tomac a few years back at that mxon come back after falling I thought he was the next guy. honestly im not sure now. he hasn't been the same since the surgery. if dungey had raced this year eli would not have won the outdoor title. a few guys have put it to eli this year. when he falls he cant even come thru a depleted field this year. why cant his badass mechanics get his bike to work. theres just so many things missing its not even funny. I think if roczen cant recover 100% he will destroy eli next year unless things change. if marvin finds consistency and Baggett the same. I could go on and on. the field in the gps has more depth and currently better riders. anyone who didn't see herlings being a great rider had there head in the sand too
JC21
9/2/2017 8:31pm
I think Eli is a bit like RV - next level raw speed, but not 100% into "the game". You can't blame them though, surely it's their life to do with as they wish
Thelen20
9/2/2017 9:30pm
drt410 wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
Do you know anything about the circumstances for Herlings in that race? Herlings is next level and a lot of us have been saying it for...

I have been saying it for years too! Herlings is, without a doubt, a next level type of guy. He is the bubba of this generation! Herlings has just had more injuries than bubba or he would be further along in his domination. When he is healthy and in shape he is a sight to behold! Can't wait to watch the race tomorrow, I hope herlings gets a poor start so we can view his mastery instead of him running away with it at the front all alone.

Totally bummed with the lack of camera time he got coming through the pack in the second moto last weekend. That race was more fun to watch on live timing than on tv.
struth
9/2/2017 9:39pm
drt410 wrote:
Sodipop wrote:

Thelen20 wrote:
I have been saying it for years too! Herlings is, without a doubt, a next level type of guy. He is the bubba of this generation...
I have been saying it for years too! Herlings is, without a doubt, a next level type of guy. He is the bubba of this generation! Herlings has just had more injuries than bubba or he would be further along in his domination. When he is healthy and in shape he is a sight to behold! Can't wait to watch the race tomorrow, I hope herlings gets a poor start so we can view his mastery instead of him running away with it at the front all alone.

Totally bummed with the lack of camera time he got coming through the pack in the second moto last weekend. That race was more fun to watch on live timing than on tv.
Bubba of his generation lol then his got a lot more crashes coming his way!!!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
9/2/2017 9:58pm
biscuit11 wrote:
Track was wet its not supposed to rain tonight should be a lot drier tomorrow. Also Eli was only 6th at Glen Helen qualifying race 2...
Track was wet its not supposed to rain tonight should be a lot drier tomorrow. Also Eli was only 6th at Glen Helen qualifying race 2 seconds off. This isn't the normal AMA 1 day format hes saving energy for tomorrow. Not sure if he will win but we will see the attack mode Eli no doubt. Can't wait!!!!
I agree, may have took a lesson from watching Vilopoto a few years ago spend himself before the real show on more than one occasion. I think we are going to see the juice loose tomorrow!
Thelen20
9/2/2017 10:05pm
struth wrote:
Haha, true. . . maybe herlings got his crashes out of the way early, we will see. . .

What I was referring to was the game changing speed they both have shown. Bubba should have achieved more, and when it is all said and done we might say herlings should have accomplished more . . . What I will say is that both of them did things on a dirt bike that made my jaw hit the floor!!!
drt410
9/2/2017 10:33pm
Tomac hasnt been the same since his crash. In many cases thats a career ender and I wonder how much it still affects him. He doesnt talk about it but hes a noticeably different rider than he was in 2015 I wonder if he has limited mobility and had to change his riding style to adapt. If you watch him before the crash his style is completely different now and it cant all be the bike. Maybe hell talk about it once he retires but right now he isnt making any excuses bike wise or prior injuries. It is very noticeable though to the eye test.
kongols
9/2/2017 10:41pm

Finally! His last weeks rants were embarrassing.
struth
9/2/2017 11:15pm
struth wrote:
Thelen20 wrote:
Haha, true. . . maybe herlings got his crashes out of the way early, we will see. . . What I was referring to was the...
Haha, true. . . maybe herlings got his crashes out of the way early, we will see. . .

What I was referring to was the game changing speed they both have shown. Bubba should have achieved more, and when it is all said and done we might say herlings should have accomplished more . . . What I will say is that both of them did things on a dirt bike that made my jaw hit the floor!!!
Spewin the 94 went to AMA, would of been interesting to see the battles n who came out on top at end of their career.
struth
9/2/2017 11:16pm
drt410 wrote:
Tomac hasnt been the same since his crash. In many cases thats a career ender and I wonder how much it still affects him. He doesnt...
Tomac hasnt been the same since his crash. In many cases thats a career ender and I wonder how much it still affects him. He doesnt talk about it but hes a noticeably different rider than he was in 2015 I wonder if he has limited mobility and had to change his riding style to adapt. If you watch him before the crash his style is completely different now and it cant all be the bike. Maybe hell talk about it once he retires but right now he isnt making any excuses bike wise or prior injuries. It is very noticeable though to the eye test.
Insept in sx were he looked the fastest he has ever been in 2017
FlaNard
9/2/2017 11:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 11:18pm
Man tough crowd in here. Our guys looked great at the US GP races last year. They were in it at the MXDN even down a man who won a moto and got landed on. Now they're a bunch of bums? No wonder guys don't want to do these type of races if this is the thanks they get. Sometimes the better man/men won't be our guys. Everts in his day beat both RC and Stewart at the Des Nations. But RC won more than his share too. This is world class level and some days you just don't have it. Enjoy the show.

Post a reply to: Euros are on it...

The Latest