Europe's next big thing

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 8/25/2019 11:09pm
We sports people like to talk a lot about the 'next big thing'. Now we Europeans are already looking forward to Jorge Prado Garcia who, looks to be, on his way to TLD KTM in 2017. But who do you guys think can make an impact in the following years?

Personally I think that the Belgian Jago Geerts can do great things, but he has still to deal with the burden from school, something his rivals like Prado Garcia, Maxime Renaud, Josiah Natzke are not. If you also look at his results in the school vacations, then he fights for the wins in the EMX125 class.

Number 9: Jago Geerts - Number 61: Prado Garcia

Besides him I'm really looking forward to Maxime Renaud his skills on an 250 bike. He will find again the same competitors like Conrad Mewse (now working with Jacky Martens), Josiah Natzke,... but also new people like Hunter Lawrence, Nick Kouwenberg,... If he can show that he's still one of the fastest he can grow up to again a French sensation!

I also heard already a lot from Moreau and as Belgian I 'm also very exiting about little Liam Everts. I've saw him ride a few times and that kid is blazing fast on his 65cc bike. But more important he enjoys racing, he enjoys people talking about him. He doesn't care at all and that will help him a lot in the future because having an 10x world champion as dad can't and won't be easy.

|
2/9/2016 2:16pm
No offence to Nick Kouwenberg but he's not Europe's next big thing. The guy has aged out of MX2, if anything after winning EMX250 last year, he should be stepping up to MXGP.

Conrad Mewes looked fast at Hawkstone last weekend.

Raivo Dankers is a kid to watch out for next year.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/9/2016 2:27pm
Prado and reneaux definitely
Also keep your eyes open for another Spaniard: simeo ubach
RG1
2/9/2016 2:35pm
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Prado is a talent of the level of Herlings and Roczen. He should be full time MX2 this year, as should Renaux. EMX250 is a waste of a year for me and is added pressure
2/9/2016 2:48pm
Sure spot on we got some fast guys on 125s / 250s comming up lately. Prado is the next big thing for sure.

Cool you mention Liam Everts he looked really good so far, but his age group got some incredibly talented kids, in 2015 i saw Adam Kovacs from Hungary and Kay Karssemakers from Netherlands ride a few times and the speed / race craft these kids showed at such a young age sure is remarkable.

The EMX races & WMX this season will be great classes to watch & follow!

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/9/2016 2:55pm
Prado IS the next big thing period. He is much better than any other rider in the world his age.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/9/2016 4:09pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Prado IS the next big thing period. He is much better than any other rider in the world his age.
Reneaux is also only 15, he's only a few months older than Prado. He did incredibly good in emx last year and won the world title. I see him on an equal level with Prado (at the moment)
MXMattii
2/10/2016 8:00am
No offence to Nick Kouwenberg but he's not Europe's next big thing. The guy has aged out of MX2, if anything after winning EMX250 last year...
No offence to Nick Kouwenberg but he's not Europe's next big thing. The guy has aged out of MX2, if anything after winning EMX250 last year, he should be stepping up to MXGP.

Conrad Mewes looked fast at Hawkstone last weekend.

Raivo Dankers is a kid to watch out for next year.
Indeed Nick isn't Europe next big thing. I was trying to implying that he was one of the next challenges for the young upcoming who need to fight their way true the EMX250 class. I could've also named Darian Sanayei because I suppose that he will make life hard for guys like Renaud, Mewse, Prado,... especially on tracks who suited him.

I personally think that kids like: Renaud, Mewse, Geerts, Prado, Lawrence, Natzke, Pichon, Elzinga and some others will be the face of motocross for a long time.
mx216
2/10/2016 8:28am
I was lucky enough to work with Prado while he was here training. Him and his family are great people and there is no doubt he is real deal. I was able to see how fast he was able to adapt to supercross and it really showed the potential he has with his work ethic. I expect big things from him in the future.

ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/10/2016 8:40am
mx216 wrote:
I was lucky enough to work with Prado while he was here training. Him and his family are great people and there is no doubt he...
I was lucky enough to work with Prado while he was here training. Him and his family are great people and there is no doubt he is real deal. I was able to see how fast he was able to adapt to supercross and it really showed the potential he has with his work ethic. I expect big things from him in the future.

Why do you guys always come ride in my backyard hills when I'm going into the office? Laughing

Biggest question... who's calling dibs on wrenching for him next year? WinkTongue
2/10/2016 8:50am
I've seen Prado ride a few times. On 85 cc, 125 cc and 250 cc. The kid is just a natural on the bike.

Pootjes is also on the rise. I think he will follow in the foot steps of Herlings. (maybe will not be as dominant but will definitely get some race wins once Herlings has moved up)

mx216
2/10/2016 8:51am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2016 8:54am
mx216 wrote:
I was lucky enough to work with Prado while he was here training. Him and his family are great people and there is no doubt he...

ML512 wrote:
Why do you guys always come ride in my backyard hills when I'm going into the office? :laugh: Biggest question... who's calling dibs on wrenching for...
Why do you guys always come ride in my backyard hills when I'm going into the office? Laughing

Biggest question... who's calling dibs on wrenching for him next year? WinkTongue
I figured you would know where that was! Next time we're heading out that way I'll give you a call for sure
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/10/2016 8:53am
mx216 wrote:
I figured you would know where that was! Next time we're heading out that way I'll give you a call for sure
Come park at the house anytime, plenty of food and drinks!
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
2/10/2016 9:09am
Is that bottom pic a public track? Those are sick pics mx216!
mx216
2/10/2016 9:14am
jhansen510 wrote:
Is that bottom pic a public track? Those are sick pics mx216!
Thanks dude. The bottom pic is actually a private track and the second picture is out at just an open riding area with some rough turn tracks out there.
2/10/2016 10:02am
Us Euros are blessed to have the EMX125 series. See them at Matterley Basin last year, nothing better than seeing these kids wringing the neck of these bikes. Oh and the smell is bliss. Love to see a properly funded series in the States as well.

Anyone know how close the Redbull KTM Junior bikes are to a full blown factory bike?
mccread
2/10/2016 11:15am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2016 11:16am
Geerts has a lot of talent too as has Elizinga and Haarup along with Dankers. Really looking forward to emx2 with Prado, Natzke, Mewse, Lawrence, Renaux. And Jack Bintcliffe is a very talented brit coming through. Should be some great racing!
2/10/2016 11:23am
mccread wrote:
Geerts has a lot of talent too as has Elizinga and Haarup along with Dankers. Really looking forward to emx2 with Prado, Natzke, Mewse, Lawrence, Renaux...
Geerts has a lot of talent too as has Elizinga and Haarup along with Dankers. Really looking forward to emx2 with Prado, Natzke, Mewse, Lawrence, Renaux. And Jack Bintcliffe is a very talented brit coming through. Should be some great racing!
I won't say they are as good, but the EMX2 class look as talented as the MX2 class this year...
1-forty-8
2/10/2016 11:40am
Well seeing as Natzke is from New Zealand I don't agree he'll be the next big thing from Europe...
Robgvx
2/10/2016 11:55am
mccread wrote:
Geerts has a lot of talent too as has Elizinga and Haarup along with Dankers. Really looking forward to emx2 with Prado, Natzke, Mewse, Lawrence, Renaux...
I won't say they are as good, but the EMX2 class look as talented as the MX2 class this year...
Makes no sense that the best talent is split between two 250F classes. The fastest EMX riders are easy top 10-15 in the main races.

They should have qualifying, and put the fastest guys into MX2 and the rest in EMX.
2/10/2016 12:23pm
1-forty-8 wrote:
Well seeing as Natzke is from New Zealand I don't agree he'll be the next big thing from Europe...
Next big thing IN Europe.
1-forty-8
2/10/2016 12:27pm
Well, take Prado off the list then. Dude will be in the states from 2017.
RG1
2/10/2016 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2016 12:43pm
mccread wrote:
Which is ridiculous. Last season we had people moving up to MX2 because they were struggling in EMX250, how can that happen? Scrap EMX250, keep EMX125 and run the MX2 the same as they ran the Euro classes. Lower the price of entries, let the guys turn up and try and qualify.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/10/2016 12:39pm
1-forty-8 wrote:
Well, take Prado off the list then. Dude will be in the states from 2017.
That's not sure at all
Will depend highly on his performances in Europe this year
rileymx
2/10/2016 12:44pm
I wonder why american fans keep bitching about those 15 years old kids not racing mx2, and having the emx2 to bild up experiente and fitness...in US MX the same age kids are still b class or schoolboy, and kids like austin folkner who is already 17 is still to turn pro ....
2/10/2016 1:14pm
mccread wrote:
Jack Bintcliffe was well beaten by Henry Williams at Hawkstone.

Post a reply to: Europe's next big thing

The Latest