Euro Bros - Need Paris Supercross Advice

kage173
11/11/2018 9:18pm
I'm headed to a trade show for work in Frankfurt this week and decided to stay the weekend before coming home to the states. My thing ends Friday afternoon. This is last second so I haven't thought it through, but my general plan is to hop on a train Saturday morning and should be plenty of time to get to Paris for the race. Problem is I have a flight out of Frankfurt Monday morning, so questions are:

1. What hotels do you recommend that are nearby the stadium? Can I walk to the stadium?
2. Can I trust a train to get me back Sunday evening or should I skip Sunday and just focus on Saturday?
3. Which tickets to the race should I get? It looks like the green Cat 2 tickets are pretty good and not crazy expensive. I also can't tell if they're sold out or not? It seems online like there are a lot of tickets left, figured most would be gone, but the system is a little different here in the US.
4 Are there any questions I am not asking, but should be?

This is all last second so haven't had much time to look into it. Figured I'd get Vital on the case to help me sort some of it out. Thanks for all your help and advice.
|
dv12.com
Fantasy
181st
11/11/2018 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 11:14pm
Search for hotels by "Paris La Defense". The stadium is in the Paris financial district which is called La Defense. There are several hotels walking distance from the stadium.

There's only a direct train to Frankfurt sunday night which is at 7pm (that's around the time the SX ends on Sunday I think), gets in Frankfurt at 11:20pm. Train would get you to the East train station. It's 8 miles from the stadium. Uber works there. I wouldn't book a train with multiple stops. There are high speed trains without stops.

Keep in mind, Saturday might be a s*** show in France. Lots of strikes might take place and people protesting about a bunch of stuff. I would avoid traveling on that day.

I've never been inside that stadium but I would guess every seat is good. Sit away from the end where there's a huge big screen if you want to see it.

Hope you can make it, it's a cool event

kage173
11/12/2018 4:39am
Good stuff DV. Thank you
smezmx
11/12/2018 5:24am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2018 5:26am
There is a novotel hotel right next door to bercy stadium about 100yards........stayed there a couple of times in the 80's when alot of the riders stayed there too.....went up in the lift one night with larry ward who had just won a six foot high trophy that night.....sat nearby jamie dobb for breakfast another morning too.....not overly expensive either....the stadium is only a 15,000 seater but get as close to the front as you can if it's not sold out.....get the number online and ring bercy stadium for the tickets....that's what we did...
Neek
11/12/2018 6:03am
smezmx wrote:
There is a novotel hotel right next door to bercy stadium about 100yards........stayed there a couple of times in the 80's when alot of the riders...
There is a novotel hotel right next door to bercy stadium about 100yards........stayed there a couple of times in the 80's when alot of the riders stayed there too.....went up in the lift one night with larry ward who had just won a six foot high trophy that night.....sat nearby jamie dobb for breakfast another morning too.....not overly expensive either....the stadium is only a 15,000 seater but get as close to the front as you can if it's not sold out.....get the number online and ring bercy stadium for the tickets....that's what we did...
Paris SX is no longer at Bercy Stadium but in La Defence financial district.

The Shop

smezmx
11/12/2018 6:12am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2018 6:14am
smezmx wrote:
There is a novotel hotel right next door to bercy stadium about 100yards........stayed there a couple of times in the 80's when alot of the riders...
Neek wrote:
Paris SX is no longer at Bercy Stadium but in La Defence financial district.
Oops......Blush i should have looked at the facebook page.....link here....https://m.facebook.com/supercrossdeparis/

Post a reply to: Euro Bros - Need Paris Supercross Advice

The Latest