Erzberg

GasGasOrAss
6/3/2019 10:08pm
Graham Jarvis isn’t even real. He is just computer animation dubbed into the race. It’s common knowledge in the enduro world. I’ve even raced Romaniacs. It’s all just marketing to sell more huskys and rockstar. It’s also well known in the enduro world that red bull owns rockstar.
6/4/2019 12:15am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2019 12:18am
Watching the highlights on YouTube, and I'm ashamed to even call myself a "dirt bike rider", because it would associate me with anyone who has raced this event, and that is not accurate

ShockedBlinkBlink the balls....

The Shop

Natester551v
6/4/2019 3:33am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2019 3:34am
Graham Jarvis isn’t even real. He is just computer animation dubbed into the race. It’s common knowledge in the enduro world. I’ve even raced Romaniacs. It’s...
Graham Jarvis isn’t even real. He is just computer animation dubbed into the race. It’s common knowledge in the enduro world. I’ve even raced Romaniacs. It’s all just marketing to sell more huskys and rockstar. It’s also well known in the enduro world that red bull owns rockstar.
Finally...the truth is out...lol

What cracks me up is anyone dogging on Red Bull's advertising and/or commitment to extreme sports. They're as legit as it gets. I've had a bit of a peek behind the curtain so to speak on Stratos, and it is/was mind-blowing.

Definitely no shortcuts or shady stuff w/RB. I'm a huge fan of their efforts. Top drawer all the way...
steed 2.0
6/4/2019 7:06am
steed 2.0 wrote:
Don't shoot the messenger ... these type of marketing events following the same rules as reality TV... its all about editing and perception from the TV...
Don't shoot the messenger ... these type of marketing events following the same rules as reality TV... its all about editing and perception from the TV viewer

LungButter wrote:
That's your proof!? Give me a break.

Ain't no top guys getting a rope tow at Erzberg, just stop before you make yourself look worse.

6/4/2019 7:49am
steed 2.0 wrote:
Don't shoot the messenger ... these type of marketing events following the same rules as reality TV... its all about editing and perception from the TV...
Don't shoot the messenger ... these type of marketing events following the same rules as reality TV... its all about editing and perception from the TV viewer

Prove to me that was taken past the checkpoint that no longer allows outside assistance... lol. There's ropes all over that fucking course for the spodes...
Prove to me that was taken past the checkpoint that no longer allows outside assistance... lol.

There's ropes all over that fucking course for the spodes and inevitable log jam of people getting stuck on hills and blocking the path up. They willingly showed them during the broadcast.
TbonesPop wrote:
Um, anybody that qualifies for Erzberg is no "spode". It's not like you can just show up and ride the main event. Maybe they aren't as...
Um, anybody that qualifies for Erzberg is no "spode". It's not like you can just show up and ride the main event. Maybe they aren't as good by comparison to the most elite 10 hard enduro riders in the world, but they are far from being a "spode". I know some damn good off road riders (some former MX pros) and they laugh at the possibility of riding Erzberg.
Believe whatever you want. The back few rows of guys are just weekend warriors like you and me. The prologue to qualify is nothing special and doesn't use the same skill set as the Hard Enduro. Just because you qualify doesn't mean you're "qualified". That's why outside assistance exists for half the checkpoints. No hate though. I'd sign up if I was local.
6/4/2019 8:56am
Anyone going to watch this on RBTV ? Crazy with this event being such a spectacle that there is not at least some chatter going on...
Anyone going to watch this on RBTV ?

Crazy with this event being such a spectacle that there is not at least some chatter going on around it, even if it on the fringe of what the normal conversations are usually on here.

You bet.

Here's the link to watch https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/live/AP-1YA1C56RW1W11/erzberg-austria

Starts in a little over 9 hours time.
awesome thx.....GJ was floating across those boulders in Carl's Dinner

...but why did I see it 30 mins before it was time to turn in last night? Ive got bleary eyes today
6/4/2019 9:48am
One of the more under-rated riders who did good was Jonathon Richardson who finished 12th and beat a lot of big names. I'm a big fan.

This POV from this year's Tough One demonstrates just how good he is. The level of aggression he shows on this tight sloppy wet rock strewn track is awesome.

LungButter
6/4/2019 9:50am
steed 2.0 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/04/352277/s1200_DF2EE257_DB47_41F7_885A_0A68D258E68D.jpg[/img]

Your bait stinks....
Crush
6/5/2019 1:41am
Seems like it'd almost be worth having a shoe spike of somesort so you could get some traction walking up those hills!
crf250pilot
6/5/2019 7:23am
2 Stroke domination! 300cc looks like the hot setup. has anyone won on a thumper?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/5/2019 7:32am
One of the more under-rated riders who did good was Jonathon Richardson who finished 12th and beat a lot of big names. I'm a big fan...
One of the more under-rated riders who did good was Jonathon Richardson who finished 12th and beat a lot of big names. I'm a big fan.

This POV from this year's Tough One demonstrates just how good he is. The level of aggression he shows on this tight sloppy wet rock strewn track is awesome.

His fight with Lars Enöckl to the finish line was awesome
FWYT
6/5/2019 7:40am
Let's hear it from Sipes himself......

View this post on Instagram

All I can say is wow. @erzbergrodeo_official 2019 was an experience unlike any other. Absolute insanity. We’ve all seen clips of this stuff, but videos and photos do no justice to the Erzberg mine. It’s 5x bigger and harder looking in person. I’ve never questioned my skill on a dirt bike more than I did after walking the course. I’m in awe of the talent of the guys that can finish it. I like to think I’m pretty skilled on a bike but I don’t have those kinds of skills. Nothing from motocross/supercross transferred over. Literally nothing. Congrats to the top dogs who made it through that mess. I made it to checkpoint 18 of 27 and I’m damn proud of it. The fatigue, the pain, the cramps, the frustration...it was tough, guys. Real tough. Most of me says there’s no way I’ll ever do it again, but a small part wants to practice and get better and try to finish it now that I know what I’m up against. It would be a massive achievement to say the least. Overall, I’m happy I gave it a shot. It opened my eyes to what’s possible on a motorcycle. I won’t ever look at obstacles the same way as before. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s take on another challenge. What’s next? Stay tuned to find out. This ride with @redbull has been amazing. Thanks for following along y’all. And thanks to everyone who is making it possible. You guys are the absolute best 👍🏻 @redbull @officialleatt @ktmusa @ridedunlop @maximausa @rekluse_motorsports @renthal_moto @fmflild @stevehatchracing @acerbisusa @tmdesignworks @coastalracing @twisteddevelopmentracing @decalworks @worksconnection @xcgear17 @motionpro @ridetrailtech @guts_racing_inc @motool_inc @superbbatteries @imsproducts @dt1filtersusa @ctikneebraces @motomasterbrakes @gbankzx @rk_excel @hammernutrition #Airgroup #workitoutmassage Also, massive thanks to @jonnywalker_22 @josepgarcia26 @m_letti304 @taddyblazusiak @nathanwatson91 @codywebb2 and everyone who gave me advice. It was a big help! Next year I’ll do better, promise 🤜🏻🤛🏻 And thank you to all the KTM mechanics and Robbie, Fabio, Sarah, Carola. You treated me like royalty and I’m super appreciative. Now time for some rest 😴😴✌🏻 PC: @vurbwes @future7media

A post shared by Ryan Sipes (@r_sipes) on Jun 3, 2019 at 10:50am PDT

Bramlett321
6/5/2019 8:19am
2 Stroke domination! 300cc looks like the hot setup. has anyone won on a thumper?
That's what I was looking for in the picture of the starting grid. I checked every damn bike and they're all two stroke which is awesome. Looked and looked for a four stroke and a YZ, didn't see either.
steed 2.0
6/5/2019 8:24am
That's what I was looking for in the picture of the starting grid. I checked every damn bike and they're all two stroke which is awesome...
That's what I was looking for in the picture of the starting grid. I checked every damn bike and they're all two stroke which is awesome. Looked and looked for a four stroke and a YZ, didn't see either.

The 300 is an awesome bike because you can ride it like a 4 stroke ( on the torque ) I owned a holiday home in Romania so I rode the Romaniacs parcours / trails many times also on a 200 without any problem... only is the fuel consumption a litle higher in comperison with a 300.
notme
6/5/2019 9:23am
Whats up with Taddy the last few erzbergs? A 5 in a row winner and i thought he would have a few more podiums in him. He has excellent trials skills.
agn5009
6/5/2019 10:58am
notme wrote:
Whats up with Taddy the last few erzbergs? A 5 in a row winner and i thought he would have a few more podiums in him...
Whats up with Taddy the last few erzbergs? A 5 in a row winner and i thought he would have a few more podiums in him. He has excellent trials skills.
Probably just age. Not everyone can get better as they age like Jarvis. I’m pretty sure Jarvis is some military experiment lol
Tuna
6/5/2019 2:45pm
notme wrote:
Whats up with Taddy the last few erzbergs? A 5 in a row winner and i thought he would have a few more podiums in him...
agn5009 wrote:
Probably just age. Not everyone can get better as they age like Jarvis. I’m pretty sure Jarvis is some military experiment lol
It’s funny because other than riding he doesn’t do a lot of off bike training. He stretches a lot and does a little bit of gym time but it’s mostly just riding morning to night. He loves to eat!!
flatout111
6/5/2019 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2019 3:34pm
notme wrote:
As much as I love Taddy (see my username....his catch phrase and his #), he pretty much stopped being the king of hard enduro around 2009. He won Erzberg a couple more times but he pretty much stopped doing most of the true hard enduro races. He didn't do well in 2010 at Red Bull Romaniacs (which was his only attempt other 2018 which he also didn't do well), he never did Sea to Sky or the Roof of Africa. He dominated Erzberg and Hell's Gate but around 2010 or so his focus turned to Endurocross and Super Enduro. it was several years before he actually returned to hard enduro. Pretty much when he came out of retirement for the WESS series.

So basically what I am saying is that yes, for a while Taddy was the guy but mainly just at Erzberg, Hell's Gate and The Tough One. Now that is a crazy accomplishment but he never did a lot of the more famous hard enduro races. Around 2011 it slowly became Grimbo's sport. Grimbo, The King, the Silent Assassin...whatever you wanna call him, Graham Jarvis has been truly dominant in hard enduro for pretty much about 10 years. I remember his first win at Romaniacs in 08. They guy was just amazing. And still is!

One other thing. And I'm sure not many here care but I am not the biggest fan of the WESS series. I much preferred it when the hard enduro guys focused on just those races. And we've lost a few of the more extreme ones because of it. Sea to Sky isn't as big, Hell's Gate was postponed, Red Bull Minas Riders. And races like The Tough One and The Roof aren't given nearly as much exposure now, at least from Red Bull.

WESS is cool but the classic enduro and cross country races just aren't as interesting to me. Ironically, Jarvis has opted to just the extreme races. He knows he is older now and plus doesn't do well at more fast races though he was pretty darn fast even in the quick sections at Erzberg.
Skids
6/5/2019 3:29pm
Hman144 wrote:
The commentators made much of clutch control. How many of these guys are making use of a Rekluse?
Noone that has half a clue what theyre doing. The autorekluse robs a rider of control.
flatout111
6/5/2019 3:43pm
With all that being said, though, Taddy's story is the ULTIMATE Cinderella story. And if you've never heard it you should totally look it up. An accomplished trials rider, for sure, but he was convinced by friend Bartos Obluki to go the Iron Giant in 2007 as a spectator....A SPECTATOR....decided to ride the Prologue on a borrowed frankenstein-ed bike (GasGas, I believe), did great in it, got the attention of KTM (who let him ride one of their bikes for the Hare Scramble) and Karl Katoch (Erzberg creator), was given a wild card on first row and WON the damn race!!!! His plan, in his own words, was to go "flatout!".

He left that weekend with a signed Factory KTM contract. Freakin' unbelievable. That's the cliff notes but if you want to check out the full story do a little research. It's a crazy story. And totally inspirational.

neverwas
Fantasy
740th
6/5/2019 4:28pm
I would love to see Toni transition to hard enduro,Almost all the top guys are accomplished trials riders.I have been to a few world trials rounds and what they can do on a motorcycle is truly mind blowing.
steed 2.0
6/5/2019 9:23pm
neverwas wrote:
I would love to see Toni transition to hard enduro,Almost all the top guys are accomplished trials riders.I have been to a few world trials rounds...
I would love to see Toni transition to hard enduro,Almost all the top guys are accomplished trials riders.I have been to a few world trials rounds and what they can do on a motorcycle is truly mind blowing.

Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram

#mondaymotivation #raceweek #italygp @fcbarcelona

Een bericht gedeeld door Toni Bou (@tonibou) op 10 Sep 2018 om 5:54 (PDT)

Robgvx
6/5/2019 10:13pm
Hman144 wrote:
The commentators made much of clutch control. How many of these guys are making use of a Rekluse?
Skids wrote:
Noone that has half a clue what theyre doing. The autorekluse robs a rider of control.
No it doesn’t. Clutch lever operation is just like a normal clutch in every way. It just won’t stall.

If it was an auto with no clutch lever then I would agree that you’d have less control. But that isn’t how it works.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/5/2019 10:20pm
Hman144 wrote:
Skids wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
No it doesn’t. Clutch lever operation is just like a normal clutch in every way. It just won’t stall. If it was an auto with no...
No it doesn’t. Clutch lever operation is just like a normal clutch in every way. It just won’t stall.

If it was an auto with no clutch lever then I would agree that you’d have less control. But that isn’t how it works.
I agree 100%. I have a Rekluse radius CX and there is no difference except less engine braking. I wonder if people that make comments like that have actually ridden with a current model Rekluse clutch. As you said, there's no difference (assuming it is adjusted correctly - and when it is, it is a thing of beauty).

FYI - all of the Endurcross pro racers run Rekluse auto clutches. They practice without them sometimes, but when it comes race day, they all have them. Note: many of the EX/SE racers also run Erzberg.

Post a reply to: Erzberg

The Latest