Eric gorr- cod

suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
Edited Date/Time 10/18/2019 7:23pm
Sent Eric a cylinder in mid August. Tracking said it arrived. All my info and requested work was in the box taped to the cylinder. Eric has not responded to the half dozen text I sent him or emails, he was responsive before I sent him the cylinder. I understand people get busy but I’m getting to the point I just want my cylinder back so I can send it somewhere else. any one else having troubles with him?
|
mb60
10/16/2019 10:41am
Phone Call by chance ?
Coach529
10/16/2019 10:43am
Does not reply to text or email.......hmmm.......what would be another way to get ahold of him.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 10:47am
Coach529 wrote:
Does not reply to text or email.......hmmm.......what would be another way to get ahold of him.
Doesn’t answer. And if you visit his website he clearly encourages to be text and emailed, not called.
byke
10/16/2019 10:47am
I remember my first Eric Gorr.

"Anyone else have troubles with him" tells us that you did zero googling before sending off your parts.

Don't worry, you'll get your stuff back eventually.

The Shop

KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
10/16/2019 10:51am
Eric picked up the phone when I called him for my CR500 cylinder. Spent the time to discuss with me what I wanted.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 10:52am
byke wrote:
I remember my first Eric Gorr. "Anyone else have troubles with him" tells us that you did zero googling before sending off your parts. Don't worry...
I remember my first Eric Gorr.

"Anyone else have troubles with him" tells us that you did zero googling before sending off your parts.

Don't worry, you'll get your stuff back eventually.
I actually did, I found mainly good reviews that were current and since he’s under the same roof as millennium I figured it was going to be the same quality of service.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 10:53am
KurtJ99 wrote:
Eric picked up the phone when I called him for my CR500 cylinder. Spent the time to discuss with me what I wanted.
Recently? Did you call his cell number or ? I figured he saw it was the guy in Oregon and didn’t pick up.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 10:56am
yz133rider wrote:
When you get it back, send it to tom morgan.
I needed it plated also, and didn’t want to have to ship it 3 times. Should have...

Have you used Tom Morgan?
byke
10/16/2019 11:12am
Nooooo, don't delete it. You need this here so the next person knows what they're getting into when they send stuff to Gorr. He does good work and you'll get your parts and be happy in the end, but he can be difficult to contact and it's much worse when you have to figure it out on your own, versus being aware ahead of time.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 11:29am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 11:31am
byke wrote:
Nooooo, don't delete it. You need this here so the next person knows what they're getting into when they send stuff to Gorr. He does good...
Nooooo, don't delete it. You need this here so the next person knows what they're getting into when they send stuff to Gorr. He does good work and you'll get your parts and be happy in the end, but he can be difficult to contact and it's much worse when you have to figure it out on your own, versus being aware ahead of time.
You’re right. He just replied to the email I sent him this morning. My cylinder is done. I guess he had tried to send it UPS COD(weird if you ask me) a while ago, I was expecting a call and to pay over the phone so I guess it’s my own fault. I remember seeing a Charge On Delivery slip on my porch and wondering what the heck it was for. It didn’t include any info on who was sending it so I didn’t follow up, never crossed my mind it could have been for my cylinder, wish he would have let me know what was going on so I could have been home and prepared. So you’re right, don’t delete this, it’s good for everyone to know about this COD pay system and to be prepared.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
10/16/2019 11:32am
I looked on his website last month, and it stated that he was not doing any work or accepting any work during the entire month of September. Might have something to do with it.
10/16/2019 11:46am
I wouldn't consider the OP totally innocent in this case either most of these places deal with payment info upfront. Then getting a cod notice and not checking it out also caused a delay.
500guy
10/16/2019 11:47am
it's amazing how many capable people there are in MX that suck at doing basic business functions.

They do good work or can do it, but fail to follow through on basic human skills.
Bruce372
10/16/2019 11:50am
byke wrote:
Nooooo, don't delete it. You need this here so the next person knows what they're getting into when they send stuff to Gorr. He does good...
You’re right. He just replied to the email I sent him this morning. My cylinder is done. I guess he had tried to send it UPS...
You’re right. He just replied to the email I sent him this morning. My cylinder is done. I guess he had tried to send it UPS COD(weird if you ask me) a while ago, I was expecting a call and to pay over the phone so I guess it’s my own fault. I remember seeing a Charge On Delivery slip on my porch and wondering what the heck it was for. It didn’t include any info on who was sending it so I didn’t follow up, never crossed my mind it could have been for my cylinder, wish he would have let me know what was going on so I could have been home and prepared. So you’re right, don’t delete this, it’s good for everyone to know about this COD pay system and to be prepared.
So you fucked up and threw him under the bus?
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
10/16/2019 11:58am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 12:01pm
I have done plenty of business with Eric in the past on 144 kits, cylinder replates, headwork, ect.
In my experience with him, he is pretty good at what he does.
He's not the easiest person to get hold of, but I deal with that because his prices are so damn low.
I doubt there is anybody that does it cheaper. So if you want him to have a better internet presence, shipping department, or get more phone lines and hire a few receptionist to take your calls while he is busy WORKING, your prices will go up. Just keep that in mind when you are dealing with him.
Personally, I don't have a problem with his business practices, and hope that he stays just the way he is.
newmann
10/16/2019 12:00pm
Bruce372 wrote:
That is also pretty common in this sport/"industry".
yz133rider
10/16/2019 12:11pm
yz133rider wrote:
I needed it plated also, and didn’t want to have to ship it 3 times. Should have...

Yes ive used him and he replied to emails throughout the entire process. Let Me know when it arrived, sent an invoice, kept me updated, shipped within 1 week of reciveing, checked in when it stated delivered to my house to make sure i got it, true pleasure to deal with.

Everything arrived nicely packaged and nothing missing, damaged etc.

KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
10/16/2019 12:13pm
500guy wrote:
it's amazing how many capable people there are in MX that suck at doing basic business functions. They do good work or can do it, but...
it's amazing how many capable people there are in MX that suck at doing basic business functions.

They do good work or can do it, but fail to follow through on basic human skills.
Yeah, but I can understand. Eric provides a wide range of functions at reasonable prices. If he would just say "no" to the older products (like the most of the high end race shops), then he'd have more time. But those fringe needs wouldn't get serviced and overall we'd be at a loss.
We need to back off of the need for immediate response for everything. Hard to do when it is generally expected though.
mxb2
10/16/2019 12:16pm
500guy wrote:
it's amazing how many capable people there are in MX that suck at doing basic business functions. They do good work or can do it, but...

KurtJ99 wrote:
Yeah, but I can understand. Eric provides a wide range of functions at reasonable prices. If he would just say "no" to the older products (like...
Yeah, but I can understand. Eric provides a wide range of functions at reasonable prices. If he would just say "no" to the older products (like the most of the high end race shops), then he'd have more time. But those fringe needs wouldn't get serviced and overall we'd be at a loss.
We need to back off of the need for immediate response for everything. Hard to do when it is generally expected though.
A customer is worth a phone call.
183Matt
Fantasy
1401st
10/16/2019 12:27pm
500guy wrote:

Dude that's got nothing to do with MX. It's the same in auto repair, home building, etc.
woodsgoon
10/16/2019 12:29pm
yz133rider wrote:
I had no less than 20 emails between myself and tom morgan discussing the work to be done to my rm before i sent it to him, during the process probably 5 or more letting me know the progress, after the work was done another 5 or so emails and multiple phone calls back and forth helping me get the bike dialed in and talking through some jetting issues i was having. Very helpful, very informative and killer customer service. All of that was after probably 10 ATTEMPTS to get gorr to answer phone calls, emails, and texts with out the first one ever being replied to. I learned quickly who not to send it to//
Sparkey
10/16/2019 12:36pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Disagree 100%. Re-read the thread. Dude was completely non responsive. Knowing COD up front would have been a plus also. Sheesh..
EastFlorida
10/16/2019 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 12:41pm
yz133rider wrote:
woodsgoon wrote:
I had no less than 20 emails between myself and tom morgan discussing the work to be done to my rm before i sent it to...
I had no less than 20 emails between myself and tom morgan discussing the work to be done to my rm before i sent it to him, during the process probably 5 or more letting me know the progress, after the work was done another 5 or so emails and multiple phone calls back and forth helping me get the bike dialed in and talking through some jetting issues i was having. Very helpful, very informative and killer customer service. All of that was after probably 10 ATTEMPTS to get gorr to answer phone calls, emails, and texts with out the first one ever being replied to. I learned quickly who not to send it to//
Forgive my ignorance, who is Tom Morgan and how do I find him & what he can do?

I was leaning toward Gorr because I have several 82/83 YZ100's and 125s I need work done on. Does Tom do vintage?
JBernard_401
10/16/2019 12:41pm
yz133rider wrote:

The cost of him to ship it to Millennium is negligible over the whole process.
Tom is awesome.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 12:55pm
byke wrote:
You’re right. He just replied to the email I sent him this morning. My cylinder is done. I guess he had tried to send it UPS...
Bruce372 wrote:
Please explain how I fucked up? Was I magically suppose to know who the COD was from? And if I’m not expecting one then I’m sure as hell not going to make any attempt to pay one. I provided a note with my cylinder to call me/email/text and I could prepay for the work and shipping to accelerate the process!

In my entire life I have never received a package COD or heard of anyone receiving one let alone a company in the mx industry to bill this way. I requested a total and attempted to contact him many times before the COD notice. He could have informed me or offered payment via PayPal like he did today.

Hell, my local shop, I text them what I want, they text me when it arrives, and pay for it when I pick it up.
philG
10/16/2019 12:58pm
He has done our cylinders for last 5 years.. shipped to europe , no problem
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 1:04pm
I wouldn't consider the OP totally innocent in this case either most of these places deal with payment info upfront. Then getting a cod notice and...
I wouldn't consider the OP totally innocent in this case either most of these places deal with payment info upfront. Then getting a cod notice and not checking it out also caused a delay.
Oh there’s more to it then that..

With the info I included with my cylinder I asked if I could prepay for a quicker turn around time. I also asked he call/text or email me so we could square up and get it done as quickly as possible since he was “going on vacation in September.”

Nothing..

Then during the middle of September I called mellienum to see if he had forwarded my cylinder to them, he said he would if he couldn’t get done before he left... they told me that he had not and that he infact was there that day.. Called him and text that day, nothing...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/16/2019 1:05pm
Forgive my ignorance, who is Tom Morgan and how do I find him & what he can do? I was leaning toward Gorr because I have...

I was leaning toward Gorr because I have several 82/83 YZ100's and 125s I need work done on. Does Tom do vintage?
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
10/16/2019 1:05pm
yz133rider wrote:
woodsgoon wrote:
I had no less than 20 emails between myself and tom morgan discussing the work to be done to my rm before i sent it to...
Forgive my ignorance, who is Tom Morgan and how do I find him & what he can do? I was leaning toward Gorr because I have...

I had heard of him before, wish I would have tried him. His website is Tom Morgan racing. Looks legit.

Post a reply to: Eric gorr- cod

The Latest