Equivalency in Brit MX2 for 2020!

Bearuno
Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 8:12pm
As the title states, from next year, the bullshit of having 2 Strokes limited to 125ccs against 250cc 4 Strokes will be gone in Britain, at their top level of MX 2 competition.

It's becoming more common, throughout the World : Real Class racing. It's not meant the doom of 4Ts - a modern 250F is a weapon. Capacity Equivalency makes it easier for some to compete, and it produces a great mixture of sounds, and racing.

DC : You / MX Sports can do want you want with Race Rules - how about finally sticking up to those who 'control' the status quo, and getting rid of the ridiculous class rules that should have been dumped a decade or so ago?
|
Natester551v
6/20/2019 10:21am
Bearuno wrote:
As the title states, from next year, the bullshit of having 2 Strokes limited to 125ccs against 250cc 4 Strokes will be gone in Britain, at...
As the title states, from next year, the bullshit of having 2 Strokes limited to 125ccs against 250cc 4 Strokes will be gone in Britain, at their top level of MX 2 competition.

It's becoming more common, throughout the World : Real Class racing. It's not meant the doom of 4Ts - a modern 250F is a weapon. Capacity Equivalency makes it easier for some to compete, and it produces a great mixture of sounds, and racing.

DC : You / MX Sports can do want you want with Race Rules - how about finally sticking up to those who 'control' the status quo, and getting rid of the ridiculous class rules that should have been dumped a decade or so ago?
Hear! Hear!
GangGreen
6/20/2019 10:56am
We have been told repeatedly that the AMA permits equal displacement racing, and has for several years. Bearuno’s statement, "DC : You / MX Sports , how about finally sticking up to those who 'control' the status quo”

DC is a very smart man and if it was up to him, we'd be racing 125cc and 250cc ANY stroke. Four-strokes are NOT better motorcycle engines, they are just provided a ridiculous displacement advantage.

The Shop

roninho
6/20/2019 10:57am
Nice. It has been introduced in the Netherlands for a while, but to be honest it hasnt been a huge succes. Most riders stay on the 250f
Sir
6/20/2019 11:06am
Bearuno wrote:
As the title states, from next year, the bullshit of having 2 Strokes limited to 125ccs against 250cc 4 Strokes will be gone in Britain, at...

Will it be honest to goodness and proper parity between 2 and 4 strokes? or will it be like Canada where they (the operators of the championship) ended up putting restrictions on 2 stroke tuning. Good on the UK for doing this though, no excuse for America and the Nationals not to follow suit.
Bearuno
6/20/2019 11:30am
roninho wrote:
Nice. It has been introduced in the Netherlands for a while, but to be honest it hasnt been a huge succes. Most riders stay on the...
Nice. It has been introduced in the Netherlands for a while, but to be honest it hasnt been a huge succes. Most riders stay on the 250f
And that is perfectly understandable, it's the same here in Australia.

But, that's no reason to not rectify dreadfull, outdated and no longer ( if they were ever) needed rules.

Not all manufacturers have 2 strokes, so that limits use of and rides available for them, straight away.

Then you have the major series, that some / many riders aspire to: the GPs and the US SX and National series, being, still run as handicapping classes. Well, riders stick to 4 strokes, to earn a reputation for being able to ride them competitively, and, to (try) to get that ride in a handicap class series.

Don't ever get me wrong, I'm Not one of those drongos that think 2ts will destroy 4ts. 4ts have become absolute weapons, that can hold their own against 2ts. There's so much more to come from both types of ICE platforms. Though, that 'more to come' might not happen with the E tech to come..........Woohoo
Bearuno
6/20/2019 11:37am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 12:33pm
Bearuno wrote:

Sir wrote:
Will it be honest to goodness and proper parity between 2 and 4 strokes? or will it be like Canada where they (the operators of the...
Will it be honest to goodness and proper parity between 2 and 4 strokes? or will it be like Canada where they (the operators of the championship) ended up putting restrictions on 2 stroke tuning. Good on the UK for doing this though, no excuse for America and the Nationals not to follow suit.
I've no idea on that. All I've seen is the press releases that have first appeared on Brit / Euro sites.

I'd hope that they won't do such a poor ruling. The Brits, even though they are "Pommie Bastards" (loves yuz, Brits! Cool ) , aren't that foolish (I hope).

Isn't / wasn't part of the Canadian ruling the stopping of Americans from riding equivalent sized 2ts - that there could be construed as racism.........

PS: here in OZ, they put restrictions on mods to the 2ts.

They were: no modifications between the carb manifold, and the exhaust manifold. Stopping simple, cheap things like different reeds / reed blocks, porting, non genuine pistons and rings, and modified, or accessory heads. And, I guess, no crank mods. Not sure if that extended to flywheel weights. All, pretty bloody stupid really, but I guess those against equivalency, needed to be placated. There was some serious squealing going on from some 4t oriented Teams / Manufacturers.......

I've seen pictures of 2ts used in our Nationals with different reed blocks and VHM heads since, so things appear to have changed. Some other Aussies here may be more 'up' on current regulations.
Barrett57
6/20/2019 12:20pm
Bearuno wrote:
I've no idea on that. All I've seen is the press releases that have first appeared on Brit / Euro sites. I'd hope that they won't...
I've no idea on that. All I've seen is the press releases that have first appeared on Brit / Euro sites.

I'd hope that they won't do such a poor ruling. The Brits, even though they are "Pommie Bastards" (loves yuz, Brits! Cool ) , aren't that foolish (I hope).

Isn't / wasn't part of the Canadian ruling the stopping of Americans from riding equivalent sized 2ts - that there could be construed as racism.........

They were: no modifications between the carb manifold, and the exhaust manifold. Stopping simple, cheap things like different reeds / reed blocks, porting, non genuine pistons and rings, and modified, or accessory heads. And, I guess, no crank mods. Not sure if that extended to flywheel weights. All, pretty bloody stupid really, but I guess those against equivalency, needed to be placated. There was some serious squealing going on from some 4t oriented Teams / Manufacturers.......

I've seen pictures of 2ts used in our Nationals with different reed blocks and VHM heads since, so things appear to have changed. Some other Aussies here may be more 'up' on current regulations.
You been following what's been going on over here since 2016? We are unbelievably foolish 🤣
mikec265
6/22/2019 10:12pm
What/who is Daytona Sports Group? How and why do they have a hand in pro mx?
Bearuno
6/23/2019 3:07am
mikec265 wrote:
What/who is Daytona Sports Group? How and why do they have a hand in pro mx?
The actual "owners" of much of US Motorcycle Sports.

When the AMA decided they weren't "promoters", they sold off the majority of the sanctioning rights / 'ownership' of a variety of MC racing disciplines to what you wrote as DSG. I think they actually have a different name, DMG comes to my mind but, whatthefugever...... Daytona Motorsports Group, I think - AKA, the (Bill?) France family.

They, the AMA, sold it - most of US Motorcycle Sport - for sweet bugger all, by the way.

SX, of course, was obtained by others long before that.

So, DC / MX Sports only have a 'license / 'lease', or some other agreement to run and control MX.

Now, DC and Co aren't perfect - as I wrote, other than pressure from manufacturers, he could change things to Equivalency whenever He saw fit - but, he / they are far better stewards of our sport than someone like Luongo. Who, by the way, vied for the position DC/ MX Sports have with control and running of US MX. You / We, dodged a bullet on that, a fair few years ago.

And, thankfully DMG(?) did lease MX out to DC / MX Sports, as they, DMG, Royally stuffed up US Road Racing.......... At least Rainey and Co, with Moto America, are gradually rectifying things.

I think, DC / MX Sports in the last year or two, re-upped the agreement with the Daytona Group. So, US MX is safe from Luongo for a while yet. I'm sure the swine would love to try to get his hands on it, despite him saying he no longer had a desire to 'Youthstream' it. Youthstream may not be owned by Luongo anymore - but he's still in control, with his Son, Davide, assuming more power - I've gone blank on the name of the company he sold to, in the last year, though the new owner ( well, head of the group / company) is the son of one of the most controversial of people, who was / is mixed up with the whole Soccer (or is it F1?) web of intrigue and corruption.
PJRAUS
6/24/2019 2:38am
Bearuno wrote:

Sir wrote:
Will it be honest to goodness and proper parity between 2 and 4 strokes? or will it be like Canada where they (the operators of the...
Bearuno wrote:
I've no idea on that. All I've seen is the press releases that have first appeared on Brit / Euro sites. I'd hope that they won't...

You know...a while back I was considering having a crack at the mx2 class at a national round on my yz 250 two stroke..so having decided to build that bike into a project weapon with porting and head work done by Dr Ross, vortex ignition, VP roo100 fuel to cope with the higher comp, v force reeds, heavier flywheel etc..I had a look at the rules for motocross and national championships on the motorcycling Asphyxiated site..also looked at regs and whatnot on Giuseppe Luongo Williams site....and I could not find anything anywhere saying you cant modify your 2 stroke! Buggered if I can find it!
If anyone can give us a link to what the current rules state...as of 2019...Id appreciate that!
Anyway..I broke my wrist...lost about 10k in wages during my time off and none of this has happened yet...
FARANG
6/24/2019 2:53am
Great move.

250F's don't need protecting any more and this provides a cheaper option for guys who are good enough to be competitive on a stock (ish) 250 2 stroke.

To be honest I kind of hope nobody starts winning on the 2020 KTM 250 SX. They might change it back.
Bearuno
6/24/2019 3:08am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2019 3:09am
I think Jamie Dunn won the EMX250 overall on a KTM SX250 at the French ( Villo's Escargo?) GP a couple of years ago.

I feared that with the EMX300 class being knocked back to a 250cc 2T limit this year, that the allowance of 250cc 2ts in EMX250 would have, perhaps, 'disappeared'. Thankfully, it appears not, as I saw Guadagnini(sp?) out there in the EMX250 Class at Keggums.
chuckdavies
6/24/2019 3:39am
Bearuno wrote:
I think Jamie Dunn won the EMX250 overall on a KTM SX250 at the French ( Villo's Escargo?) GP a couple of years ago. I feared...
I think Jamie Dunn won the EMX250 overall on a KTM SX250 at the French ( Villo's Escargo?) GP a couple of years ago.

I feared that with the EMX300 class being knocked back to a 250cc 2T limit this year, that the allowance of 250cc 2ts in EMX250 would have, perhaps, 'disappeared'. Thankfully, it appears not, as I saw Guadagnini(sp?) out there in the EMX250 Class at Keggums.
*Villars-sous-Écot Wink
Bearuno
6/24/2019 8:16am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2019 8:24am
Bearuno wrote:
I think Jamie Dunn won the EMX250 overall on a KTM SX250 at the French ( Villo's Escargo?) GP a couple of years ago. I feared...

*Villars-sous-Écot Wink
Nope, to me it's "Villo's Escargo" forever and ever. Woohoo

I decided on that pronounciation the year Villo went to the GPs. I spent a fair bit of money on flights to go there, then get out, before I Had to be at the IOM to fullfil a work contra deal I have most years.

But, he did his 'Larry Loop Out' of the GPs at Trentino before it .
Alex.434
6/28/2019 12:42pm
GOOD!

Time for US professional racing to follow suit.
6/28/2019 8:12pm
We’ve had the same rule in Finland for a year or two now. You can count the riders that have rode a 2 smoker in MX2 with one hand. Hopefully there’s better succes in the UK.

Post a reply to: Equivalency in Brit MX2 for 2020!

The Latest