Epic JS7/Canard battle - Millville 2013

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2018 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 5:57 AM

A must watch.. I think people forget how good Canard was at his peak...

?start=18
|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/11/2018 7:47 PM

That was great...until the advantage gained from going off track.

|

7/11/2018 7:51 PM

Was my last trip to Millville and I remember it was freezing cold that day..

Photo
Photo

|

7/11/2018 8:08 PM

byke wrote:

Yeah you’re right, Stewart was all over him and then Canard pulled wayyyy ahead when he went off the track. Crazy

|

7/11/2018 9:31 PM

Sure do miss those guy's. Did Canard think he won or just pumped for holding off James ? Great vid, thanks.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/11/2018 10:38 PM

ledger wrote:

Sure do miss those guy's. Did Canard think he won or just pumped for holding off James ? Great vid, thanks.

He took the overall. He and James were going so damn fast, that it actually took me a second to realize that they weren't lapping Dungey.

|

7/12/2018 12:54 AM

Photo
|

7/12/2018 2:01 AM

I could be very wrong here but it looks like they’re going much faster than the pace of the current front runners. Maybe just a matter of no baseline to compare but they seem to be flying..

|

7/12/2018 3:58 AM

byke wrote:

It's was cool how he took the outside like to block stew rather than the inside like the lap before. Buuut then he had to go off track...

|

7/12/2018 5:23 AM

Am i missing something? Is there a vid? If yes it doesnt show for me.

|

7/12/2018 5:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 5:24 AM

Didn’t Stewart say Canard reinvented the scrub?

|

7/12/2018 5:55 AM

byke wrote:

ktmdan wrote:

It's was cool how he took the outside like to block stew rather than the inside like the lap before. Buuut then he had to go off track...

Probably a good example of where they should have docked the guy in front. That was clearly an advantage. He left right in front and next time you see him he's pulled 10 bike lengths....

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/12/2018 5:56 AM

Sideways wrote:

Could be because I embedded a video from Facebook... I was wondering if anyone would have problems viewing it.. Here is the video from YouTube

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/12/2018 7:13 AM

These are some of my favorite clips to watch, I remember watching it at home and just loving it.

|

7/12/2018 7:16 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Trey Canard could have been a multi-time champion if he'd stayed healthy. He had the speed, the skill and determination...and proved more than a few times that he could beat the very best.

|

7/12/2018 8:21 AM

I miss both of them racing.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

7/12/2018 8:43 AM

davistld01 wrote:

There is no doubt in my mind that Trey Canard could have been a multi-time champion if he'd stayed healthy. He had the speed, the skill and determination...and proved more than a few times that he could beat the very best.

I like his style and grit but I have to disagree with you. He came up with some fast guys that were just a tick better.

That was the ride of Treys 450 career IMO. For James, who was nearing the end of his career, it was another day at the job.

|

7/12/2018 9:11 AM

ledger wrote:

Sully wrote:

He took the overall. He and James were going so damn fast, that it actually took me a second to realize that they weren't lapping Dungey.

Trey got second with 2-2 scores

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

7/12/2018 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 9:49 AM

What a joke that was that Canard wasn’t docked a minimum of one position. Stewart still got the overall though.

|

7/12/2018 10:04 AM

Canrad and Pastrana. Twins. Separated at birth

|

Power is nothing without control

7/12/2018 10:10 AM

byke wrote:

ktmdan wrote:

Yep. Moved over to block the guy. Said guy slows down to avoid him while staying on the track. Meanwhile, the blocker just keeps it pinned and goes off the track, gaining a good second or so in the process.

|

7/12/2018 10:34 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Forty wrote:

I like his style and grit but I have to disagree with you. He came up with some fast guys that were just a tick better.

That was the ride of Treys 450 career IMO. For James, who was nearing the end of his career, it was another day at the job.

The ride of his 450 career was 2-2 for second overall? How about his 5 SX wins over guys like Stew, Dungey, Villopoto, Reed, Roczen, and Tomac?

|

7/12/2018 10:44 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Forty wrote:

visser62 wrote:

The ride of his 450 career was 2-2 for second overall? How about his 5 SX wins over guys like Stew, Dungey, Villopoto, Reed, Roczen, and Tomac?

All good stuff I'm sure …..but watch both motos from that day at Millville....Canard was having a very good day and IMO the ride of his 450 career...and I'm sure if you were to call him up and ask him which race is most memorable or where he had the most fun it would be the same race. Millville 2013.

|

7/12/2018 11:16 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

I could be very wrong here but it looks like they’re going much faster than the pace of the current front runners. Maybe just a matter of no baseline to compare but they seem to be flying..

I believe you’re right. That year was stacked. Villopoto, Dungey, Stewart, Canard. Just wow. In my opinion Canard and Tomac are the same rider. One came up in a tough era and the other in a weaker one.

|

7/12/2018 11:34 AM

Sideways wrote:

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Could be because I embedded a video from Facebook... I was wondering if anyone would have problems viewing it.. Here is the video from YouTube

Thanks and awesome racing! As someone said, looks faster than now.
How did js7 end up that season? Injured? Cant remember. Was it 2014 he won every race then crashed when someone was running over the track?

|

7/12/2018 11:58 AM

Great memories! It's unfortunate that we forget how amazingly fast that Canard was much like Reynard. Most people will remember the injuries and not the speed and talent that they brought to racing.

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/12/2018 12:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 12:55 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Forty wrote:

From what I remember, Canard beat every other rider on the gate 4-5 times in 450 SX during his career...and the class was stacked. You don't do that unless you are faster...at least that night, than everybody else.

|

7/12/2018 12:59 PM

davistld01 wrote:

From what I remember, Canard beat every other rider on the gate 4-5 times in 450 SX during his career...and the class was stacked. You don't do that unless you are faster...at least that night, than everybody else.

Yeah, visser62 posted it 5 posts back.

|

7/12/2018 1:06 PM

Everyone forgetting Canards ride in Pala when he stole the Championship from Pourcel? Was it 2010?

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

7/12/2018 1:30 PM

You couldn't teach what Canard had man. He was unreal when he was on. Unfortunately injuries made those times few and far between.

|