Enzo Lopes to make Pro debut with JGRMX...

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/24/2018 11:45am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:51pm
PR...

Amateur sensation Enzo Lopes to make his professional debut with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team

Brea, CA (April 24, 2018) – The Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team is pleased to announce that amateur star Enzo Lopes will be making his professional racing debut at the opening round of the 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. The Brazilian is scheduled to contest several Nationals on the Suzuki RM-Z250 for the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team while Jimmy Decotis is out of action.
Lopes has established himself as a premiere amateur racer in the United States. The 18-year-old from Lajeado, Brazil, has steadily worked up the ranks, most recently winning the 250 Pro Class at the California Classic. In total, Lopes has 11 Brazilian National Championships and multiple U.S. titles. He is slated to make his professional debut at the Hangtown National on May 19th in Rancho Cordova, Calif. The Brazilian will be filling in on the RM-Z250 until Jimmy Decotis returns to action.
“This is a dream come true! Being a kid from Brazil, it’s amazing to think that I’m part of the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team,” stated Lopes. “This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I’m so thankful. I like North Carolina, because it reminds me of home. My first day on the Suzuki RM-Z250 was so much fun. The bike felt perfect right away, as it is very fast and handles well. I’m really looking forward to Hangtown.”
Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team manager Jeremy Albrecht is eager to see what Lopes can accomplish. “It’s exciting to give a young kid and promising amateur this opportunity. We’re interested to see what he’s capable of. He will be spending the next few weeks riding in North Carolina in preparation for the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. I’m happy to support Enzo. Hopefully he can achieve his goals. We expect that he will race the opening three or four Nationals.”
The 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship will open at Hangtown in Rancho Cordova, Calif. on Saturday, May 19th. Look for the #816 of Enzo Lopes under the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team awning. Please visit www.jgrmxraceteam.com for more team news.
|
Motofinne
4/24/2018 11:47am
Now that is interesting. Good for him!
rob162
4/24/2018 11:48am
Damb you guyB thought i beat everyone to it. Ment to post this yesterday!
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
4/24/2018 12:00pm
Good stuff! He impressed me at Red Bull Straight Rhythm. Kid has style.

(not my pic, just showcasing his style)
bowser977
4/24/2018 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2018 12:40pm
Should be interesting. 250 outdoors is stacked, such a fun class to watch. I'm hoping Cianciarulo can finally put it all together.

The Shop

4/24/2018 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2018 12:53pm
He's the first Brazilian to lock a factory ride, even though it's a filling-in opportunity. I'm pretty excited to see his performance this summer.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
4/24/2018 4:09pm
That RedBull helmet may be a problem on the JGR bike. Wink
KMC440
4/24/2018 4:32pm
Anyone speak Portuguese?
4/24/2018 7:02pm
langhammx wrote:
Just heard a interview and Enzo will run Fox boots/gear and Red Bull Helmet. The only change will be Scott Goggles instead of Oakley.

ga_pike
4/24/2018 7:20pm
langhammx wrote:
Why? Monster is no longer a team sponsor.
YamahaJT1
4/24/2018 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2018 7:24pm
WOW!

All the best to Enzo!

The U.S.A. 250 Nats will be a cauldron this year. Talk about trial by FIRE.
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1478th
4/25/2018 7:51am
KMC440 wrote:
Anyone speak Portuguese?
I do! Em que posso ajudar? Smile

I'm super stoked for the kid! I'm brazilian, we don't get to see our country represented overseas all that much so yeah...i know who i'll be rooting for!
zehn
4/25/2018 6:00pm
I wonder how much the ride cost?
Sounds like it cost 11 Brazilian national titles and several US titles...
4/25/2018 6:08pm
zehn wrote:
1Smile How many Loretta titles?

2Smile Enzo has had "factory support equipment" even when he wasn't a top contender - we had kids beating him back on 85s...without the redbull, factory ktm logos he had - which he had before he had ever won anything - a sure sign he is buying equipment - like most the rest of the amateurs.

3Smile JGR has immediate access to filthy phil - who I would argue is hard to beat outdoors for any of their choices in riders currently.

4Smile they didnt choose phil

5Smile you dont come from brazil - and race nearly full time in the us for cheap. Enzo has access to deep pockets.

6Smile Stoked to see him on a ride - hope he kicks ass - he is an amazing rider and has built himself into a top amateur racer from one who was just outside the best over the years - something not all the kids can say. He could and should have a very successful career if his work ethic and progress continues over the years.

TMessi111
4/25/2018 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2018 6:20pm
zehn wrote:
1:) How many Loretta titles? 2:) Enzo has had "factory support equipment" even when he wasn't a top contender - we had kids beating him back...

2Smile Enzo has had "factory support equipment" even when he wasn't a top contender - we had kids beating him back on 85s...without the redbull, factory ktm logos he had - which he had before he had ever won anything - a sure sign he is buying equipment - like most the rest of the amateurs.

3Smile JGR has immediate access to filthy phil - who I would argue is hard to beat outdoors for any of their choices in riders currently.

5Smile you dont come from brazil - and race nearly full time in the us for cheap. Enzo has access to deep pockets.

6Smile Stoked to see him on a ride - hope he kicks ass - he is an amazing rider and has built himself into a top amateur racer from one who was just outside the best over the years - something not all the kids can say. He could and should have a very successful career if his work ethic and progress continues over the years.

Just from watching a lot of am national’s I agree with you. Though I don’t know him personally, it would seem that he has a similar situation to what other financially blessed and maybe not as talented US based riders have. Not to name any names. He has been here a long time. Ramyller Alves has beaten him in Brazil also I believe.

Not trashing the kid at all but I do find it odd when IMO he’s not the fastest amateur A or B class rider that isn’t signed to a pro deal that I’m aware of. I’m also not a team manager and JGR probably has some kind of plan in place to get one of the kids I’m talking about if JGR continues its 250 effort.
mxjon454
4/25/2018 6:38pm
zehn wrote:
1:) How many Loretta titles? 2:) Enzo has had "factory support equipment" even when he wasn't a top contender - we had kids beating him back...

Supposedly Phil doesnt want to race a 250 outdoors.
iudi2006
Fantasy
346th
4/27/2018 2:28pm
Enzo’s gonna surprise a lot of people.
KMC440
4/27/2018 4:20pm
KMC440 wrote:
Anyone speak Portuguese?
Posso te ajudar?
aka
May I help you?
Happy for Enzo ... a lot of folks don't know the language of Brazil is Portuguese. I honestly didn't know till a friend of mine (Marcos) told me.
chillrich
4/27/2018 9:51pm
Why doesn't Philthy have a 450 JGR ride for outdoors. Fricken mystery!!!!!

JGR appears to be a straight up team, what is the conflict here????

Post a reply to: Enzo Lopes to make Pro debut with JGRMX...

The Latest