Entry lists for Qatar MXGP

RY4N37
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2015 6:27pm

MXGP looking the most stacked it's ever been. Can't wait for Feb 28th
|
Alex
1/22/2015 12:45am
20 former GP winners in MX1 plus RV2. Competitive.
Outsider
1/22/2015 1:15am
Yep, RV in the number one spotWink

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/22/2015 1:15am
Not a big list of injuries here either.

I have a feeling MX2 could be great this year as well. Herlings certainly wont be dominant if he's winning at the start of the season at all.
If he's not, theres like 10 guys that could be winning GPs
1/22/2015 1:35am
Of course we've known this was coming for some time now, but it's still very exciting to see Ryan Villipoto up on that GP entry sheet for the first time ever. Just can't wait for the season to start.
mccread
1/22/2015 1:47am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 1:48am
Crazy depth in MXGP, some very good riders will be fighting for 20th or worse and riding as good as ever! Stacked. Even the top guys could struggle to come through with a bad start.

MX2 will be interesting too, don't write Anstie off to win the opener, should have won it last year and looking very good on the Kawi.
1/22/2015 2:04am
looking for Butron to be upsetting some apple carts Wink

Honda - Gautier and Bobby - I have a feeling that the red bikes this year may actually turn it around

And Nagl on the Husky - hell yeah !

tek14
1/22/2015 2:11am
HRC Honda 250 rider Zaragoza is out first 2-4 rounds i believe had surgery last week. Lets hope RV2 stays healthy all season.
Olson
1/22/2015 2:38am
Some really good starters in the MXGP class. Dean Ferris for the holeshot.
jamma10
1/22/2015 3:21am
I hope this Adam Coates knows what he's in for? I know nothing about him whatsoever, nor Maxim Nazarov. The rest of the MXGP class is certainly of pretty good quality.
Jefro98
1/22/2015 3:28am
Of course we've known this was coming for some time now, but it's still very exciting to see Ryan Villipoto up on that GP entry sheet...
Of course we've known this was coming for some time now, but it's still very exciting to see Ryan Villipoto up on that GP entry sheet for the first time ever. Just can't wait for the season to start.
+1
Already booked my flight to Italy for Arco di Trento.
shanhard
1/22/2015 3:30am
It would be nice to see full gates in both classes... not even 30 riders!
RY4N37
1/22/2015 3:34am
jamma10 wrote:
I hope this Adam Coates knows what he's in for? I know nothing about him whatsoever, nor Maxim Nazarov. The rest of the MXGP class is...
I hope this Adam Coates knows what he's in for? I know nothing about him whatsoever, nor Maxim Nazarov. The rest of the MXGP class is certainly of pretty good quality.
It's Paul Coates jamma. He raced a lot of amateur stuff in the US, also did a few SX's and a couple of nationals. He's a good young rider, but I'm not sure he's good enough for this class. As for Gradie Featherstone in the MX2 class, well I think the less said about that the better
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/22/2015 3:40am
jamma10 wrote:
I hope this Adam Coates knows what he's in for? I know nothing about him whatsoever, nor Maxim Nazarov. The rest of the MXGP class is...
RY4N37 wrote:
It's Paul Coates jamma. He raced a lot of amateur stuff in the US, also did a few SX's and a couple of nationals. He's a...
It's Paul Coates jamma. He raced a lot of amateur stuff in the US, also did a few SX's and a couple of nationals. He's a good young rider, but I'm not sure he's good enough for this class. As for Gradie Featherstone in the MX2 class, well I think the less said about that the better
Is he really from GBR?
Saw his name last year at some 450 nationals if I remember correctly.
robkinuk
1/22/2015 3:42am
Who's Gradie Featherstone #93 in MX2 class?, never heard of him!Whistling
RY4N37
1/22/2015 3:47am
jamma10 wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
It's Paul Coates jamma. He raced a lot of amateur stuff in the US, also did a few SX's and a couple of nationals. He's a...
crusty_xx wrote:
Is he really from GBR?
Yeah he is, he moved to America as quite a young kid and raced the Amateur scene over there. He did the 250 East last year but didn't do the whole series, then he did some outdoors on a 450. He qualified every time. He had a 15th in the last race at Utah, but he was like 3 minutes down on the winner. He's got potential, but i don't know whether he's good enough to score points in a class that stacked
RY4N37
1/22/2015 3:48am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 3:49am
robkinuk wrote:
Who's Gradie Featherstone #93 in MX2 class?, never heard of him!Whistling
Someone who is nowhere near good enough to do GP's. I dont even think he's done a pro race yet
jamma10
1/22/2015 3:59am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 4:01am
RY4N37 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Is he really from GBR?
RY4N37 wrote:
Yeah he is, he moved to America as quite a young kid and raced the Amateur scene over there. He did the 250 East last year...
Yeah he is, he moved to America as quite a young kid and raced the Amateur scene over there. He did the 250 East last year but didn't do the whole series, then he did some outdoors on a 450. He qualified every time. He had a 15th in the last race at Utah, but he was like 3 minutes down on the winner. He's got potential, but i don't know whether he's good enough to score points in a class that stacked
I've heard of Paul Coates but assumed 'Adam' might have been his brother. Maybe he'll do OK but I agree, he's going to be out of his depth in that MXGP class. I guess he could have potential.
1/22/2015 4:09am
Of course we've known this was coming for some time now, but it's still very exciting to see Ryan Villipoto up on that GP entry sheet...
Jefro98 wrote:
+1
Already booked my flight to Italy for Arco di Trento.
good choice of track Cool
RY4N37
1/22/2015 4:10am
crusty_xx wrote:
Is he really from GBR?
RY4N37 wrote:
Yeah he is, he moved to America as quite a young kid and raced the Amateur scene over there. He did the 250 East last year...
jamma10 wrote:
I've heard of Paul Coates but assumed 'Adam' might have been his brother. Maybe he'll do OK but I agree, he's going to be out of...
I've heard of Paul Coates but assumed 'Adam' might have been his brother. Maybe he'll do OK but I agree, he's going to be out of his depth in that MXGP class. I guess he could have potential.
We'll have to wait and see. I think he's a bit behind the likes of the Watson brothers and Adam Sterry. He didn't do too great at the last round of the Maxxis last year, but it's good to see another Brit giving it a go. Best of luck to him
ChrisB10
1/22/2015 7:25am
Ryan Villopoto, you're a god damn American hero. Now go beat those commie bastards.

Caaaah caaaaaah
1/22/2015 7:37am
crusty_xx wrote:
Is he really from GBR?
RY4N37 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
I've heard of Paul Coates but assumed 'Adam' might have been his brother. Maybe he'll do OK but I agree, he's going to be out of...
I remember a couple of years ago at a Red Bull Pro National at Hawkstone Park, he came over to race it and had a very trick YZF250 - him, Nathan Watson and Jamie Mccanney went at it with Nathan on an SX125 and Jamie on a worn out 2010 (could have been an 09) SXF250 and they both put him to go - it was awesome to see natural talent of Nathan and Jamie!!!

Good luck to Coates though, always good to see another Brit!!
RY4N37
1/22/2015 7:43am
I remember a couple of years ago at a Red Bull Pro National at Hawkstone Park, he came over to race it and had a very...
I remember a couple of years ago at a Red Bull Pro National at Hawkstone Park, he came over to race it and had a very trick YZF250 - him, Nathan Watson and Jamie Mccanney went at it with Nathan on an SX125 and Jamie on a worn out 2010 (could have been an 09) SXF250 and they both put him to go - it was awesome to see natural talent of Nathan and Jamie!!!

I was at that race too. It was awesome considering it was just a youth race. Its great to see another young Brit in GP'S, but i think hes just out of his depth a bit in company like that
1/22/2015 7:50am
I remember a couple of years ago at a Red Bull Pro National at Hawkstone Park, he came over to race it and had a very...

RY4N37 wrote:
I was at that race too. It was awesome considering it was just a youth race. Its great to see another young Brit in GP'S, but...
I was at that race too. It was awesome considering it was just a youth race. Its great to see another young Brit in GP'S, but i think hes just out of his depth a bit in company like that
Same goes for Featherstone, best of luck to him but why not go into EMX250 first??

I was in the 125 class that day and ended up doing an over-the-bars handstand on top of the bombhole after casing it on the first lap!!!! Right in front of my mates!!! Hahahaha!! BlushBlushBlushBlush
philG
1/22/2015 7:57am
I think Paul Coates did a Masters at Foxhills, 2 years ago and won a race ... but cant remember if it was in youth , AMX2 or Pro MX2.. but whatever , he looked good , I hope he can get dragged along and get up to speed , its a brutal class this year , but he is still very young... fair play for having a go , If we get him at a Masters this year I will try and get an interview him .
RY4N37
1/22/2015 7:58am
Same goes for Featherstone, best of luck to him but why not go into EMX250 first?? I was in the 125 class that day and ended...
Same goes for Featherstone, best of luck to him but why not go into EMX250 first??

I was in the 125 class that day and ended up doing an over-the-bars handstand on top of the bombhole after casing it on the first lap!!!! Right in front of my mates!!! Hahahaha!! BlushBlushBlushBlush
He did the EMX250 at Matterley last year but he didn't qualify. To my knowledge that's the only pro race he's actually done. I don't think he's ridden any British Championship rounds or anything. I can only ever remember him riding the youth class. Like you say you would think that the natural progression would be to do British see how you go and then go into EMX. In fairness I've not seen him ride since Matterley last year and he's spent some time in America so maybe he has improved. Although a friend of mine who rides at a good amateur level was at the same practice track last weekend and he said that he wasn't that much faster than him. Like you say, best of luck to him, but i can't really see him getting in the points
RY4N37
1/22/2015 7:59am
philG wrote:
I think Paul Coates did a Masters at Foxhills, 2 years ago and won a race ... but cant remember if it was in youth...
I think Paul Coates did a Masters at Foxhills, 2 years ago and won a race ... but cant remember if it was in youth , AMX2 or Pro MX2.. but whatever , he looked good , I hope he can get dragged along and get up to speed , its a brutal class this year , but he is still very young... fair play for having a go , If we get him at a Masters this year I will try and get an interview him .
Was MXY2 he raced in at the masters. Him and Damon Strydom battled virtually all weekend
Spydee
1/22/2015 8:25am
Any of you guys planning on hitting up Matterley Basin this year?
RY4N37
1/22/2015 8:30am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 8:30am
Spydee wrote:
Any of you guys planning on hitting up Matterley Basin this year?
Yep, do so every year. Apparently ticket sales are through the roof compared to last year, so hopefully it should be a packed house

Post a reply to: Entry lists for Qatar MXGP

The Latest