Enough with the b.s on mxon

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2018 4:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2018 4:37 AM

Who is ready for round 1 ? The line up is looking sweet , we got Kroc94 back on his feet this year, and some new 450 riders.

|

2018 crf 250r

10/10/2018 4:48 AM

To soon damit to soon. We still have monster cup and the rim-skin.
Go clear your pipes youre walking around with a loaded gun.

|

10/10/2018 4:48 AM

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

|

10/10/2018 5:09 AM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Argentina if it's on the schedule for 19, that place looks amazing. If not, Trentino in Italy (the track where RV fell on his ass).

|

10/10/2018 5:16 AM

OP and Racer331 sure make a fine pair.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/10/2018 5:30 AM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

None, they are shit

|

10/10/2018 5:33 AM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

I would say Trentino, Ernee and Loket are spectacular places to visit. Then there are the obvious sand races at Valkenswaard and Lommel if you want to see Herlings and Cairoli fly around a proper sand track in person. From the races mentioned above, the provisinal calendar has Valkenswaard, Ernee and Lommel with both EMX125 and EMX250 classes lining up during the same weekend which provide highly entertaining racing.

|

10/10/2018 6:08 AM

Águeda!smile

|

10/10/2018 6:10 AM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm already looking at flights for MXoN 2019! The wife was surprised I wanted to go to Europe.

|

10/10/2018 6:20 AM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

First round at Matterley Basin and round 2 at Valkenswaard the week after.. fly to london.. train to winchester, gp.. back to london a few days.. fly to amsterdam... 2 days... get to gp on friday.. fly out from amsterdam monday... 10 days 2 gps

|

10/10/2018 6:23 AM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

First round at Matterley Basin and round 2 at Valkenswaard the week after.. fly to london.. train to winchester, gp.. back to london a few days.. fly to amsterdam... 2 days... get to gp on friday.. fly out from amsterdam monday... 10 days 2 gps

|

10/10/2018 6:25 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

OP and Racer331 sure make a fine pair.

Really ??? I'm not biased on eithier side . Racing is racing , what happends is what happends. All the guys lining up are faster then I will ever be . I'm a true moto fan , and yeah it stings to see my home boys not out in front on our turf , but I appriciate just seeing a race ... so please do no confuse me maverick.

|

2018 crf 250r

10/10/2018 8:40 AM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

I would say Trentino, Ernee and Loket are spectacular places to visit. Then there are the obvious sand races at Valkenswaard and Lommel if you want to see Herlings and Cairoli fly around a proper sand track in person. From the races mentioned above, the provisinal calendar has Valkenswaard, Ernee and Lommel with both EMX125 and EMX250 classes lining up during the same weekend which provide highly entertaining racing.

Absolutely go to a track where all the classes race. It will give you a good picture of how a track gets destroyed and where some of the secret is to fast GP-riders. Having MX-Women, EMX125, EMX250, MX2, MX1 with total 10 practice sessions and 12 heat races during a weeknd takes a toll on tracks smile

|

10/10/2018 8:49 AM

How can you go wrong with place called Valkenswaard? It sounds like a place Vikings live or something, and everybody listens to Led Zeppelin: "Journey to the land of the ice and snow..."

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

10/10/2018 10:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2018 11:05 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

How can you go wrong with place called Valkenswaard? It sounds like a place Vikings live or something, and everybody listens to Led Zeppelin: "Journey to the land of the ice and snow..."

Funny thing is, the distance from Valkenswaard to Lommel is only about 20ks and 25minutes travelling time.

Though, between those two GPs, this year, there might have been something like 30,000+Ks ( just a bodgy guess) of travelling and 5 months in time.

By the way, Valkenswaard has a great BMX Track right besides it - I've scared myself silly on it a few times over the years. An old man shouldn't get on a BMX SX track on a 20"er, when he's limited himself to the Cruiser Class and DH for decades. You sneeze on a 20", and you are on the other side of the track. w00t

As philG showed, you can often get in a couple of GPs within less than 2 weeks. And, often you can mix disciplines, say an MXGP and a MotoGP. And, many other combinations. I usually fit in a few events on either side of the IOM, for example. Spend a month in Europe / Britain, and , with a bit of planning, you could probably see 10+ different International Motorcycle Sports / other Sports events, all while seeing a shedload of the World, and a bundle of 'things' other than sports related.

Of course, you can do the same sort of thing in the US and Canada as a combination. I pack in whatever I can, any time I go abroad.

Just over 2 weeks ago, I jumped on a plane, went to Switzerland for 2 days of work, then down to Italy for the Imola MXGP, then a quick drive back to Bologna to the Ducàti Factory and Museum, then up to Germany for the Cologne Intermot Bike show, then home in time to plonk myself down on my monster sized recliner, and watch the MXDN.

Travel Boys, and see things other than your normal 'place' on Earth - it' a fantastic thing to do.

|

10/10/2018 10:56 AM

Tryhard wrote:

Who is ready for round 1 ? The line up is looking sweet , we got Kroc94 back on his feet this year, and some new 450 riders.

Speaking of Roczen what happened to him at the MXoN?

|

10/10/2018 10:58 AM

Travel ?!?
Are you crazy ?!
Funny thing in my little 'berg there are people that won't go across the river to "the west or east side" because they don't know how to "get around over there".

|

10/10/2018 1:18 PM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Great Britain I'll put you up

|

10/10/2018 1:22 PM

Italy and Argentina are pretty picturesque........

Photo

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/10/2018 1:23 PM

Bearuno wrote:

Funny thing is, the distance from Valkenswaard to Lommel is only about 20ks and 25minutes travelling time.

Though, between those two GPs, this year, there might have been something like 30,000+Ks ( just a bodgy guess) of travelling and 5 months in time.

By the way, Valkenswaard has a great BMX Track right besides it - I've scared myself silly on it a few times over the years. An old man shouldn't get on a BMX SX track on a 20"er, when he's limited himself to the Cruiser Class and DH for decades. You sneeze on a 20", and you are on the other side of the track. w00t

As philG showed, you can often get in a couple of GPs within less than 2 weeks. And, often you can mix disciplines, say an MXGP and a MotoGP. And, many other combinations. I usually fit in a few events on either side of the IOM, for example. Spend a month in Europe / Britain, and , with a bit of planning, you could probably see 10+ different International Motorcycle Sports / other Sports events, all while seeing a shedload of the World, and a bundle of 'things' other than sports related.

Of course, you can do the same sort of thing in the US and Canada as a combination. I pack in whatever I can, any time I go abroad.

Just over 2 weeks ago, I jumped on a plane, went to Switzerland for 2 days of work, then down to Italy for the Imola MXGP, then a quick drive back to Bologna to the Ducàti Factory and Museum, then up to Germany for the Cologne Intermot Bike show, then home in time to plonk myself down on my monster sized recliner, and watch the MXDN.

Travel Boys, and see things other than your normal 'place' on Earth - it' a fantastic thing to do.

Funny thing is. For the same amount of money to watch the motogp you can almost go to 4 rounds of mxgp. And it's not even half as excited.

|

10/10/2018 1:26 PM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Motofinne wrote:

Argentina if it's on the schedule for 19, that place looks amazing. If not, Trentino in Italy (the track where RV fell on his ass).

A pilgrimage to find RV's coccyx

|

10/10/2018 1:40 PM

Sounds like I have missed a whole lot of expected B.S. after losing my phone and being offline until I got home. Just want to say a big thank you for the hospitality and friendliness I received from everyone over there I met and had to deal with. Frigging insane event again can't wait to attend number 4

|

10/10/2018 2:15 PM

Moto96 wrote:

Italy and Argentina are pretty picturesque........

Photo

That’s one of the coolest photos I’ve seen.

|

10/10/2018 4:40 PM

matthew.hall.23 wrote:

Great Britain I'll put you up

Great Britain by far had the best costumes at the event:

Photo

|

10/10/2018 4:47 PM

Shout out to everyone who attended on both sides , wish I could have been there to meet some people. I accept the results and have never complained once ! Hope everyone who attended had the time of their lives!

|

2018 crf 250r

10/10/2018 4:47 PM

Yeah but Jorge Prado is better than Eli Tomac
we proved that now

|

10/10/2018 5:13 PM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Agree, screw supercross.

|

10/10/2018 9:17 PM

Premix wrote:

Honestly, just waiting trying to decide what round of the MXGP I want to travel abroad for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Motofinne wrote:

Argentina if it's on the schedule for 19, that place looks amazing. If not, Trentino in Italy (the track where RV fell on his ass).

Where’s the GP in Argentina going to be? I’ve been to Buenos Aires and surrounding areas a few times. It’s inexpensive for the dollar, the food is fantastic, and the ladies beautiful.

|

10/10/2018 11:31 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

OP and Racer331 sure make a fine pair.

add in the selective censorship passed off as moderating...

i say let the dickheads keep their low iq posts and the replies up for everyone to see..some of the quips were gold standard.

|

10/10/2018 11:55 PM

Premix wrote:

Great Britain by far had the best costumes at the event:

Photo

Debatable.

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."