Englishtown Closing?

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 3:03pm
I saw this on Instagram about about the drag racing maybe closing. Anyone hear anything? This track is where I first saw dirt bikes as a kid and got me hooked. That would be a bummer!
https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/bad-news-raceway-park-englishtown-n…

|
1/17/2018 7:19am
I heard from friends that work at etown (mx track) that they are rebuilding the track. Moving it all to the practice track to make it bigger
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
1/17/2018 7:24am
Same here Joe. First track I ever went to and where this annoying addiction began.

Yup, sounds like the track is simply moving locations to where the current practice track is. So it will only be one track instead of two but from what I've heard, they have some big plans for it. New owner of the entire facility is turning much of the place into a car storage lot of some kind (maybe for Sandy damaged cars or some such). That part is lame but at least MX racing will remain...for now.

The Shop

digger
Fantasy
3871st
1/17/2018 8:41am
Sad day for the sport of drag racing. I've been going to E-Town since the early 70's for the nationals, and drag racing there myself since the late 80's. I have many fond memories of that place.
DL
1/17/2018 8:46am
Sad day for the drag racing community. Years of great memories there having raced there since it opened. Reading through the news it looks like all other forms of Motorsports will remain. Good news for MX.
NJKawi913
1/17/2018 9:45am
it is a real sad thing to see go. But the town surronding the track has been fighitng them real hard the past 5 years to restrict how often they can hold event. On top of that attendance has been lackluster. This is has been coming for awhile now.

The brightspot is motocross is still going strong at E-town. As long as us riders contiue to show up and support the track they wont be going anywhere soon.

I perosnally am exited to see what kind of track build they can put together, hopefully their aspirations of a national caliber track come to fruition
Naanak
1/17/2018 3:03pm
They’re leasing it to an auto auction for storage for a number of years. Everything stays as normal for now except the drag strip. I’ve also heard about them moving the mx to one big Track.

Post a reply to: Englishtown Closing?

The Latest