Energy drinks and Motocross Demographics

level
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:17pm
Amp'd, Monster, Unbound, Rockstar, and the list goes on and on and on. It's obvious there place in Motocross, Supercross, and Freestyle. I understand that we are considered an extreme sport and that it may fit well with the energy drink image. However, how many motocross riders, families, and fans actually drink the shit?
|
FLvet
4/7/2008 11:44am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2008 11:47am
I've tried them and while they all mix fine with vodka I don't drink
them 'cause according to an MD friend they are absolute garbage to pour
in your body. I sure wouldn't give my kids any 'casue they give my old
ass a sugar rush and I'd never get the kids to bed.
4/7/2008 11:54am
They're terrible for you and don't give me any energy at all, although there is one that gives me shaky hands - I don't remember which, either Rockstar or Red Bull. x_X

I don't see a lot of people drinking them at the local tracks. Most people have a water bottle, sports drinks, or at worst, diet soda.
hidesintrees
4/7/2008 12:04pm
gatorade/powerade etc is where its at restores lost electrolites.
Adam43
4/7/2008 12:15pm
I'll have one now and then. Certainly don't pound em back between motos at the track.

The Shop

jay_547
4/7/2008 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2008 12:17pm
i've never even tried one.

when my kid was racing, she loved them.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
4/7/2008 12:23pm
I just tried a Monster this past weekend for the first time ever. It was late, and I was tired - I was going to get a cup of coffee, but instead thought I'd try an energy drink.
It actually kept me awake and alert for quite a while. Or maybe that was the big chested girl that was working the counter at the 7-11?... either way, it worked.
4/7/2008 12:26pm
I'll drink them in the morning, but I stay away from them riding. I see tons of people drinking them between motos, but the people that are, usually arent very good riders.
Gonzo0100
4/7/2008 12:39pm
Yeah, every time I see someone on the podium drinking one for the camera, i think "yuckkk!!!" The last thing I want after a moto is a super-sugary caffeine drink. I will drink them from time to time if I am working late on a project (only drink the amp'd mountain dew ones tho). I will only drink water or gatorade at the track.
level
4/7/2008 12:55pm
I think they have added a great deal to the sport. Love the girls. Smile So I'm not complaining but it just really doesn't seem like the fans, etc. drink the shit. Maybe just getting there name out there and on TV is the important thing whether the demographics fit with motocross or not. I was just curious how many people interested in the sport actually drank the stuff.
stizzle
4/7/2008 1:24pm
I dont drink em. The only one I like is Red Bull and I drink those on occasion.
ddog558
4/7/2008 1:27pm
I had a 4-a-day habit (the big ones) until my blood pressure was sky-high. Havent had one in about 4 weeks now, and my heart thanks me for it every day.
4/7/2008 1:35pm
Vemma Verve - advertised as 'insanely healthy'.
I just can't get past the marketing of it (mlm). I tried it from a friend, taste like shit (all do) and gave me a big time zing. I could never drink one and exercise.

"Vemma Verve is the Insanely Healthy Energy Drink
Energy drinks of today should come equipped with airbags: the crash can be severe and it's up to you to peel yourself off the floor. The Vemma Verve Energy Drink is designed to give you the energy you need without the wear and tear on your body.

Somewhere in between working, going to school, taking care of the kids, paying the rent and becoming a world leader, you're going to need refueling.

Verve! is a radically different energy drink that finally has everything you're looking for in your energy boost. Packed full of insanely healthy good stuff like all your vitamins and low in natural sugar, like what you find in apples. Verve! is a flavor explosion that keeps you going so you can conquer whatever life smacks in front of you.
"

todder
4/7/2008 2:38pm
I don't know anyone who drinks that crap.
hidesintrees
4/7/2008 2:48pm
i highly doubt the top guys are actually drinking monster or rockstar on the podium, why would they pay so much for a trainer and diatary aid if they drank that stuff THAT much. its probly water in there...
maicoman
4/7/2008 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:33pm
All those brands are like junior mints, mainline this twice a day, after you have explosive diarrhea, the rush last for hours.

RCC104
4/7/2008 3:07pm
I'll drink them in the now and then (I'm not a coffee drinker so its a nice kick to wake me sometimes).

On a race/ride day I'll stick with a good night sleep and some B-12 vitamins for my energy on the track.
Trip
4/7/2008 3:12pm
level wrote:
I think they have added a great deal to the sport. Love the girls. :) So I'm not complaining but it just really doesn't seem like...
I think they have added a great deal to the sport. Love the girls. Smile So I'm not complaining but it just really doesn't seem like the fans, etc. drink the shit. Maybe just getting there name out there and on TV is the important thing whether the demographics fit with motocross or not. I was just curious how many people interested in the sport actually drank the stuff.
Fans not drinking it?? Well then who the hell is? Hansen's (Monster) is advertising all over the place. I went to all three Anaheims and it was hard to find someone in th e pits who didn't have one in their hand. Yeah, they were free, but people were drinking them.
Without energy drinks where would mx be right now?
On a side not, I went to the Angels game on Sunday and in the Angels bullpen they had Monster signage on the wall. They also sell Monster at all the drink carts around Angel stadium.
I do drink the Rockstar in the white can, I do actually like the taste of it. When I go out and get mixed drinks its usually Rockstar and rum, or vodka, or whatever else they can mix with it..

I wouldn't go judging by what people say on this board as what the mx world is drinking.

Most weekend races are 4-5 laps out here at the bigger tracks, what the hell else are you supposed to drink while your waiting 4-5 hours to race again? I've seen quite a few pro's drink the stuff on practice days.
se7enmx
4/7/2008 5:11pm
The energy drinks are what cigarettes were in the past. Advertised right to the correct demographics look what you have. They aren't good for you and they seem to have some addictive value to them. I'm curious, what long term effects they will have. They probably won't bring the carnage that the smoking butts did, but they have to hurting you in the long run. Coffee seems alot tamer. Those drinks are nasty.
Sinbad
4/7/2008 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2008 7:40pm
se7enmx wrote:
The energy drinks are what cigarettes were in the past. Advertised right to the correct demographics look what you have. They aren't good for you and...
The energy drinks are what cigarettes were in the past. Advertised right to the correct demographics look what you have. They aren't good for you and they seem to have some addictive value to them. I'm curious, what long term effects they will have. They probably won't bring the carnage that the smoking butts did, but they have to hurting you in the long run. Coffee seems alot tamer. Those drinks are nasty.
mx757
4/7/2008 5:40pm
ill drink one before work (6 am, shitty) once in a while but thats about it. i absolutly refuse to touch monster.
Drago
4/7/2008 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:33pm

RMZTim
4/7/2008 8:22pm
I stop drinking Monster..Lost energy. I actually still will drink the Monster Java...It gets addicting, Other than the occasional Monster java, I drink mostly Water and some Ice tea and lemonade from time to time. If I remember right I think it was DV12 who posted something about how many oz of water it takes to flush energy drinks out of your liver...
pyryscrub
4/8/2008 6:55am
I drink energy drinks pretty much, but never between the motos or when im at the track! I just love how they taste Smile
TimbuK758
4/8/2008 4:54pm
ill have a rockstar maybe 1-2 a week, tose are my favorite...red bull is too sour, monster is the worst tasting...these companies are making alot off moto folk...i would like to see diffrent sponsors in the next few years though...
trick121
4/8/2008 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2008 6:02pm
I hope every kid and their dumb fuk parent get addictived and drinks
cases a week because that means I can get more free posters at the SX,
see more fake boobs in the pits and best of all watch more SX on the
tube. Monster is good for the sport. Drink up losers.

nc_mx_kid
4/8/2008 7:09pm
Caffeine in high volumes is not healthy, but in moderation is not all that negative to the body.

ALOT of top pro(MC, RC, RV, etc.) all use CytoMax or champion nutrition(Revenge in particular) products for pre,during,postest rides/races/exercises.
endo
4/9/2008 3:25am
Ya, yaeger-bomb has Red Bull in it I think......... drop shots........ never before a moto though.......... Water/Gatorade only for me at the track.
bogdan912
4/9/2008 8:20am
At my college they have Monster vending machines. You wouldn't believe the amount of monster I see walking around every day. Every time I smell it I want to puke. Theres a couple kids in each of my class that have one everyday consistently. The one class is at 8:30 in the morning too!

Post a reply to: Energy drinks and Motocross Demographics

The Latest