Endurocross Round 1 video is Awesome

Johnny Depp
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2018 1:48am
Thanks to Vitard Chris Cullins for the link, whose 19 year old son Ty finished 5th!

This is a 50 minute condensed video with primarily the top Pro's. The amount of passes for the lead and crashes is so entertaining and provides so much more drama. This is a REAL Endurocross track, and it makes for a great show.

|
Johnny Depp
9/3/2018 6:02pm
Just watched a bit so far, great camera work this year. The track with 2 cars in the no joke lane and the water tank are awesome! They should make them do the cars every lap. The Alta makes a great showing.
JM485
9/3/2018 7:02pm
Thanks for posting! I can’t watch it right this second but I’ve been trying to figure out how to watch the races this year since I don’t get Be In Sports or whatever channel it was supposed to be on.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
9/3/2018 7:57pm
What channel is it showing on this year? Missed every round last year?
9/3/2018 8:42pm
It blows my mind that EX isn't more popular than it is. In what other form of racing can the leader crash as much as they do and still win the race. So many crashes and passes for the lead! Love watching this stuff.

The Shop

flatout111
9/4/2018 12:59am
Thank to the OP so much for posting this. I don't have BEIN TV so I really appreciate this.

Great race. That was a true Endurocross track. Not the super fast ones we've seen lately. This was some epic racing. No doubt, what makes EX so great is there is no holeshot and take off. It just does not happen with this kind of track difficulty.

Also, so great to have Weege calling these races again this year.

OP, please post each race i you can. Thanks!
Johnny Depp
9/4/2018 7:51am
flatout111 wrote:
Thank to the OP so much for posting this. I don't have BEIN TV so I really appreciate this. Great race. That was a true Endurocross...
Thank to the OP so much for posting this. I don't have BEIN TV so I really appreciate this.

Great race. That was a true Endurocross track. Not the super fast ones we've seen lately. This was some epic racing. No doubt, what makes EX so great is there is no holeshot and take off. It just does not happen with this kind of track difficulty.

Also, so great to have Weege calling these races again this year.

OP, please post each race i you can. Thanks!

I hope they keep the tracks like this, this was one of the best ever. I'm so glad for them to have a sellout crowd.

This type of racing is so unpredictable and drama filled, any spectator can stay engaged and not fall asleep. There were several instances of riders crashing on the start and coming back for the win. At one point there were 5 riders stuck on the entrance to the rocks, and Cody found an outside line past them all! Webb looked great, and he is out of shape just coming off a knee and ankle injury at Erzberg. The water tank was really creative this time with it being in a turn, some riders got totally washed on the outside by someone cutting through the inside. It was awesome, and then the bikes dripped water all over the track making it as slick as duck butter.

" class="img-fluid" />

https://www.endurocross.com/buy-tickets

It was great to see this site featuring ads all around the forums with Webb by FMF/KTM, thanks for the support!
Forty
9/4/2018 8:00am
Thanks for posting.
JM485
9/4/2018 8:59pm
Finally got a chance to watch, holy hell that was a heck of a race! Amazing how a little bit of water makes a tough track borderline insane to ride, let alone race on. Every time I see those guys go down in the rocks or matrix I just cringe, that stuff is not soft and it F-ing hurts! There's literally nowhere soft to land, you tip over on a MX track and you usually have nice loamy dirt to catch you - out there you have a log or a rock. . . Happens so fast to, you can see when Webb and Haaker both went down though there they just didn't even have time to brace for impact.

Cool to see Redmond and Hart do well, they were both at a hard enduro I did earlier this year and when you ride the same course as someone with their skillset, you realize just how bad you truly suck! It's just amazing to me how stacked that pro class is, results just don't show how good that field is, and it's truly a testament to how gnarly that track was seeing them all struggle like that. This has to be the most underrated series on the planet, hopefully attendance is stellar this year given the success they had for the first round.
TallonT911
9/4/2018 9:25pm
Thanks for the link!
I was hoping Ty would do better on the Alta but the super slick track without a clutch to control the power was probably really tough! Looking forward to seeing how he does the rest of the year, hopefully him, Hart or someone can get up there and run with Haaker/Webb!
Ted722
9/5/2018 6:55am
Round 2 next weekend (9/15) in Costa Mesa.

Looking forward to Reno 9/22. Meeting up with a friend in Reno Sat 9/22 morning and going to ride some single track in the hills near his place. Heading to the Endurocross that night. It was a good show last year, looks like it could be even better this time around!
RbR
9/5/2018 7:02am
Thanks for the post. Great racing!
crockett
9/5/2018 10:00am
Not to start a debate, but just imagine this with all E bikes. Motors in a small arena like that can get pretty draining to watch.
I think EX would have a greater benefit over SX to get to that point.
Bbuhtz
9/5/2018 1:50pm
Thanks for posting, great racing, good watch!
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
9/5/2018 7:54pm
I took the family up last year to the Everett round it was awesome. I don't understand why it isn't more popular as well, we were yelling all night long at every class. I can't wait to go back.
ccullins76
9/5/2018 8:55pm
Thanks to Vitard Chris Cullins for the link, whose 19 year old son Ty finished 5th! This is a 50 minute condensed video with primarily the...
Thanks to Vitard Chris Cullins for the link, whose 19 year old son Ty finished 5th!

This is a 50 minute condensed video with primarily the top Pro's. The amount of passes for the lead and crashes is so entertaining and provides so much more drama. This is a REAL Endurocross track, and it makes for a great show.

I finally made it over here and saw your post. It was actually Ty's friend who found the link to the race. It was hard to find. Surprised Endurocross themselves hadn't posted it.

I normally post on the Beta forum on TT.
For those that want to know what it's like to race Endurocross, here is how our night went.

Little back ground. My son Ty Cullins is 19 and still the youngest pro out there on the red #16 Beta 300RR. He grew up riding trials and has many Youth/Junior National Championships to his credit. He went to his first EX at age 6 and has always wanted to race EX. Speed has always been the hardest thing for him to get, I should have taken him to ride MX at a younger age. The last couple seasons he has finished 12th In the series. His normal finish seems to be in the 9-11 range, though he did pull off a 4th at the end of 2016. This off season he has been training differently/harder and showed a lot of speed in some pre-season races. His confidence was really high going into round #1.

When we got to Prescott and saw the track we thought it didn't look too bad, but nothing too hard (Ty likes a technical) Well we where wrong! Once they did a couple laps in practice and drug the water all over the track it became super slick, making the rock section super hard and the rest of the track difficult. During practice Ty was one of the smoothest riders through the rock section and generally looked good in practice.

For the qualifying hot lap Ty turned the 8th fastest time which was good for him as one fast lap isn't usually his thing. That gave him 4th gate pick in heat two. We where happy with that!

For his heat race he had Colton Haaker, Kyle Redmond and Geoff Aaron to his inside. Unfortunately off the start he got kinda tangled up with Geoff and went down in the first turn! Great way to start the season I thought, on the ground in the first turn dead last in 13th! Top 6 make the main and top 4 get to do the bracket races. Well he put in a strong race and made his way up to 4th at the finish. He hadn't been able to work his way through the pack like that in the past. Just wish the coverage would have caught some of it.

Being 4th meant Ty would go against heat 1 winner Cody Webb. We knew winning it would be next to impossible, but we talked about it and if Cody at all took Ty for granted and left the door open that Ty would stick it in there, no matter what that meant. Well Cody never gave him the chance. However Ty did stick right with Cody running his pace so that gave him extra confidence going into the main.

For the main Ty had 7th gate pick. It's hard to do anything with that with the short start straight and tight first turn. However Ty got s great jump and came out in 4th! First half a lap he made a couple bobbles, but fortunately didn't get past. After the start finish line he got on it and moved into 3rd on lap 2, great start! Unfortunately he crashed on lap 3, which the broadcast did catch. That dropped him to 5th. Within a few laps he began putting pressure on 4th and pressing hard, but as the broadcast shows went down again in the same spot. From there he took the no-joke lane and Inthink dropped as low as 7th. Hard to keep track in the mechanics area while giving pit board signals. He battled a little with Ty Termaine and moved up to 6th.

The timed main was super long and pretty brutal. Ty ended up doing 18 laps, Cody and Colton did 19. It was crazy, they used to only be 14 laps. Last lap Ty made one last pass to move into 5th. Making a pass that late only showed the training has been paying off. Great night overall and start to the season. Really excited for the next somewhat home town race in Costa Mesa.

Johnny Depp
9/5/2018 9:11pm
Great insider race report, thank you very much Chris. Great start to the season for Ty, I wish you both great luck this year, I’m hoping for some podium finishes?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
9/6/2018 9:53pm
I was able to attend the event live, and it was just as awesome in person. Highly recommend attending these events when they come to your local area. These guys need our support in this sport - it's simply awesome racing. they deserve packed arenas.

And Weege - love ya buddy but its not pronounced "Press-Scott", it's pronounced "Prescott" (like Biscuit with a Pres at the beginning). The Arena announcer was saying it right. Us local Arizonans get annoyed by that....lol
calcoast
9/6/2018 11:14pm
I watched the whole series last year on youtube. I'm keeping an eye on that channel this year to see if they post the next round.

Thinking about making the two and half hour drive up to Reno to catch round three.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
9/7/2018 1:43am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2018 2:46am
calcoast wrote:
I watched the whole series last year on youtube. I'm keeping an eye on that channel this year to see if they post the next round...
I watched the whole series last year on youtube. I'm keeping an eye on that channel this year to see if they post the next round.

Thinking about making the two and half hour drive up to Reno to catch round three.
I did too, It's on beIN now though.Sad

And to the sad-sack that gave Mr. C a thumb down, EABODs.
Stuntman949
9/7/2018 8:22am
We will be rooting Ty on! I'm working the event but it doesn't mean I can't have a hometown favorite
9/16/2018 9:26pm
How long does it take for round each round to be put up? I’m wanting to watch the second round from last night.
ccullins76
9/17/2018 4:14pm
How long does it take for round each round to be put up? I’m wanting to watch the second round from last night.
It's on TV the Thursday after the race. Not sure when it gets put on YouTube, we found it the next weekend.
Sully
9/18/2018 4:27am
What’s the deal with Haaker and Webb? They seem like two of the nicest guys alive, but they can’t seem to avoid hitting each other on the track.
make1go
9/18/2018 6:58am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 6:59am
but but but no one cares about that...its all. sx....

nah thanks for that..

brutal stuff..
ccullins76
9/18/2018 11:17am
Sully wrote:
What’s the deal with Haaker and Webb? They seem like two of the nicest guys alive, but they can’t seem to avoid hitting each other on...
What’s the deal with Haaker and Webb? They seem like two of the nicest guys alive, but they can’t seem to avoid hitting each other on the track.
They are both good guys, but they are also the top two in the series going for a championship and EX courses are very tight so two guys battling are always going to make contact.
9/18/2018 11:41am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 11:42am
POV of the track.

Read the pinned comment on You Tube - ''It came to the point that I had to use 2 hands to pull in the clutch''.

p0wn
9/22/2018 6:15pm
Still waitin for that rd2 video. They've gotta make things more accessible.
Broseph
9/22/2018 6:47pm
p0wn wrote:
I agree. They’re doing themselves a disservice by not making it easier to watch. I’m all about the slow and gnarly and will be attending the Boise round of EX this year, but dang it, I want to see the rest of the rounds too!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
9/23/2018 1:48am
p0wn wrote:
Broseph wrote:
I agree. They’re doing themselves a disservice by not making it easier to watch. I’m all about the slow and gnarly and will be attending the...
I agree. They’re doing themselves a disservice by not making it easier to watch. I’m all about the slow and gnarly and will be attending the Boise round of EX this year, but dang it, I want to see the rest of the rounds too!
I enjoyed watching all the other classes too. Oh well, I appreciate whatever we get to see.

Post a reply to: Endurocross Round 1 video is Awesome

The Latest