Endurocross Finale

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2018 11:51 AM

The endurocross title fight between Colton Haaker and Cody Webb comes to an end in Nampa, Idaho.
Finally finished my edit after work and personal issues got in the way. Bummed the season is over but I got some great shots and tried out a new camera setup for the final round.

|

11/9/2018 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 12:28 PM

Been waiting, Thanks!

Great action shots, you followed Cody through the No Joke lane that was awesome. The close ups through the firewood were so good you could see the details. Overall great video and edit, thanks again.

The racing action is off the chart in this sport! When it is not elbow to elbow, there is water flying, insane log jumps and the log matrix. What an action packed video, sorry folks but so much more exciting than most SX races. Congratulation Cody the outgoing champ with a nice win, and of course to Colton Haaker the Champ once again.

2018 AMA Super EnduroCross Class Championship Points
1.Colton Haaker, Husqvarna. 150
2.Cody Webb, KTM. 146
3.Ty Tremaine, Beta. 100
4.Kyle Redmond, Husqvarna. 99
5.Geoff Aaron, GasGas. 90
6.Ty Cullins, Beta. 89
7.Noah Kepple, GasGas. 83
8.Cooper Abbott, KTM. 76
9.Mason Ottersberg, Beta. 55
10.Dustin McCarthy, Yamaha. 53

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

11/9/2018 12:31 PM

Photo

Photo

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

11/9/2018 2:10 PM

Thanks for posting. So much respect for these guys.

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

11/9/2018 4:53 PM

Awesome job on the viddy!!!

|

11/9/2018 7:01 PM

That was great!! Thanks for sharing the vid!

|

11/13/2018 6:53 AM

|

11/13/2018 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2018 2:43 PM

I was in Boise visiting my daughter and we went to the race. There's usually alot of "incidents" in endurocross but the carnage got so great during the pro LCQ that they actually red flagged the race as it spilled over into two lanes of the track.

We were sitting trackside right where Webb went down during he and Hakar's bracket race final. Cody smacked his head pretty hard on the tree trunk marking the inside of the turn. I thought he rang his bell as he seemed a little slow getting up but he did resume racing and went down and cleared the double jump (real impressive) that only he was jumping so he must have been ok. Perhaps he realized when he went down that the championship just slipped one more Point away? He was clearly the best at Boise and Hakar stayed clean and did what he needed to do to wrap up the title. Great racing and we were glad we went.

|

11/13/2018 12:37 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

I was in Boise visiting my daughter and we went to the race. There's usually alot of "incidents" in endurocross but the carnage got so great during the pro LCQ that they actually red flagged the race as it spilled over into two lanes of the track.

We were sitting trackside right where Webb went down during he and Hakar's bracket race final. Cody smacked his head pretty hard on the tree trunk marking the inside of the turn. I thought he rang his bell as he seemed a little slow getting up but he did resume racing and went down and cleared the double jump (real impressive) that only he was jumping so he must have been ok. Perhaps he realized when he went down that the championship just slipped one more Point away? He was clearly the best at Boise and Hakar stayed clean and did what he needed to do to wrap up the title. Great racing and we were glad we went.

The Red Flag was actually in the SIDRA group challenge. Not the pro lcq. Pretty sure the old CR500 in that class was the crowd favorite. LOL

|

11/13/2018 2:53 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

DannoJ919 wrote:

The Red Flag was actually in the SIDRA group challenge. Not the pro lcq. Pretty sure the old CR500 in that class was the crowd favorite. LOL

Yeah, the SIDRA group was a disaster. There weren't any red flags in the pro lcq.
Thanks everyone for the kind words! It was tough being on the sidelines this year but I was glad it let me shootsome more content than last year.

|

11/13/2018 3:15 PM

DannoJ919 wrote:

Ok, an amateur race explains the carnage better smile. One guy was hauled out past us on a stretcher with a lower leg injury I think (he was sitting up). Another guy came up from the pits to spectate with his arm taped to his chest and another one was in a sling. A few others were hobbling around. Interesting stuff (as a spectator).

|

11/13/2018 7:20 PM

Thanks Danno, good to get a link to it since almost nobody gets that station.

I thought the coverage and camera work was really good this year! Just wish they didn’t get so many facts wrong.

|

11/14/2018 7:04 AM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

DannoJ919 wrote:

OldYZRider1 wrote:

Ok, an amateur race explains the carnage better smile. One guy was hauled out past us on a stretcher with a lower leg injury I think (he was sitting up). Another guy came up from the pits to spectate with his arm taped to his chest and another one was in a sling. A few others were hobbling around. Interesting stuff (as a spectator).

The guy one the stretcher popped his knee out. He was doing ok but couldn't put any weight on his leg. Not sure on the other ones. Some sore and beat up guys in that class for sure.

|

11/14/2018 7:43 AM

Thanks for the link Danno, good show as always!

|