Endurocross Cancelled?

77Moto
5/24/2019 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2019 5:52pm
Holy shit. Has Haaker ever been to a Benny Hinn seminar? That falling down at the end deal LMAO
Reminds me of Benny Hinn let the bodies hit the floor.
Ted722
5/24/2019 6:28pm
ccullins wrote:
So here’s the deal as I know. As mentioned new promoters bought the series at the end of the year. This after a great 2019 season...
So here’s the deal as I know.

As mentioned new promoters bought the series at the end of the year. This after a great 2019 season with packed stadiums and many over sold.

The series sponsors backed out saying their contracts where with the old promoters and not the new promoters. Because of this they had no $ to run the series.

For those of us that do the series, it’s tough. My son races Pro and all his sponsorship is based on his results from the series. Not to mention all the work he has put in already this year. We’ve already been in contact with his sponsors and fortunately they aren’t pulling the plug! Just hoping it can come back with some of the original people back on board.
What are some of his other disciplines/classes he’s been running or planning to run for the duration of ‘19?

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1744th
5/24/2019 7:06pm
77Moto wrote:
Holy shit. Has Haaker ever been to a Benny Hinn seminar? That falling down at the end deal LMAO Reminds me of Benny Hinn let the...
Holy shit. Has Haaker ever been to a Benny Hinn seminar? That falling down at the end deal LMAO
Reminds me of Benny Hinn let the bodies hit the floor.
He did break his foot.....
flatout111
5/25/2019 5:08am
Look for another press release next week involving future plans.
mx_563
5/27/2019 7:15pm
mx_563 wrote:
I will give credit to RexEasely, he (or she), got me to look up this whole Superenduro drama.
Feel bad for Cody Webb, man.

https://youtu.be/YkrLfjEXwCk
BAMX wrote:
Whatever side you take in the the Haaker/Webb/Gomez championship drama, it makes people more passionate about the riders and the races in general. That benefits the...
Whatever side you take in the the Haaker/Webb/Gomez championship drama, it makes people more passionate about the riders and the races in general. That benefits the series in the grand scheme of things. A sport with heroes and villains is more interesting than a series full of boring ass squeaky clean media types. The biggest star/legend that NASCAR ever had was regularly booed, even after winning races.
I agree it makes a certain type of people more passionate. Since you brought up NASCAR, I hate to say it but that particular form of competition seems to be a show and its demographic seems to need the good vs evil narrative to remain engaged and interested (that or spectacular crashes). I personally don't want dirt bike racing to follow that path, even if it means not being as popular. There are many highly popular forms of competition that maintain a sense of class and dignity.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
5/27/2019 8:24pm
mx_563 wrote:
I agree it makes a certain type of people more passionate. Since you brought up NASCAR, I hate to say it but that particular form of...
I agree it makes a certain type of people more passionate. Since you brought up NASCAR, I hate to say it but that particular form of competition seems to be a show and its demographic seems to need the good vs evil narrative to remain engaged and interested (that or spectacular crashes). I personally don't want dirt bike racing to follow that path, even if it means not being as popular. There are many highly popular forms of competition that maintain a sense of class and dignity.
I agree. If I want fake drama, I'll watch the WWE. I want actual racing and we don't need a bullshit fabricated story line to make the drama queens happy. Its a purist sport. We don't need a WWE story line to keep casual fans interested. Casual fans will never follow this sport for the drama. Casual fans will follow it for intense racing and challenging obstacles. Leave the fabricated hero vs villan to NASCAR, or WWE, or whatever...
JM485
5/28/2019 3:21pm
Back on in a smaller way, 3 races with Eric Peronnard and the Kicker Arenacross Team. This will be good!

https://enduro21.com/index.php/endurocross/4173-endurocross-2019-thrown…
I heard something might be in the works, glad to see at least something come together. Bummed there’s no rounds near me this year but given the circumstances this is awesome.
Sierra Ranger
5/28/2019 3:36pm
Geez man- is a three-race series in Colorado, Arizona and Idaho really a sport, or just an exhibition racing event?
Take away riders, friends and media from the crowd and what kind of audience do you really have here? Not to be negative, but I would say this little branch of off-road racing is kaput.
BAMX
5/28/2019 4:40pm
Geez man- is a three-race series in Colorado, Arizona and Idaho really a sport, or just an exhibition racing event? Take away riders, friends and media...
Geez man- is a three-race series in Colorado, Arizona and Idaho really a sport, or just an exhibition racing event?
Take away riders, friends and media from the crowd and what kind of audience do you really have here? Not to be negative, but I would say this little branch of off-road racing is kaput.
If you look at the list of people who are involved, they are all top quality. That is much more important for the future than having a a full series this year.

Post a reply to: Endurocross Cancelled?

The Latest