|

5/23/2019 3:14 PM

Man that really sucks...

|

5/23/2019 3:15 PM

Honestly I watched one in person and was bored to death

|

5/23/2019 3:27 PM

Would love to know what lead to this... bummer deal for all involved.

|

5/23/2019 3:56 PM

They tried to turn it into supercross.. make obstacles you have to ride, not fucking earthmover tyre doubles..

|

5/23/2019 4:02 PM

Probably the promoter losing money on doing it. Too bad.

|

5/23/2019 4:09 PM

It sounds like a new promoter bought it from Bonnier and got into a bit of a contract dispute about who needed to do what. Last season was near sold out at the two rounds I attended.

|

5/23/2019 4:30 PM

Here's the cliff notes version I got before we go too far down the vital rabbit hole and random comments become fact:

-New series promoter basically cleaned house and wanted to start with a new team of people. This did not sit well with series sponsors and many pulled out

-A bunch of the venues changed, which was just stupid as hell. There is no CA round, and Reno was absolutely packed last year so to get rid of that race is just stupid. Supposedly the first three rounds were damn near sold out, so try to figure that one out.

-Endurocross has been on the edge for a few years now. It makes no sense to me because it's absolutely awesome to see in person (there's no way in hell you can be bored at these events like some genius above claims), but I do think a lack of ways to watch the races hurts them big time. A couple years ago when we had the live stream it was awesome, I watched every one of them, but last year there was next to nothing as far as coverage goes. The skill the top guys have is just rediculous, u till you try it yourself you just have no idea how good they really are.

I really hope they figure something out, this is way to awesome of a series to lose.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/23/2019 4:36 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

Honestly I watched one in person and was bored to death

You are literally the first person I've ever heard say that.

Even Matthes the off road hater has commented how exciting endurocross is.

This is a bummer.

|

5/23/2019 4:46 PM

Super bummed now that I never made it to the Denver round the last couple years. If it comes back in 2020 I'm for sure going.

|

5/23/2019 5:10 PM

The fact that Bonier (Cycle World) sold it to WHR, after buying it from Eric Peronnard was not a good sign to begin with.

I never saw one in person, and I was one of the biggest Fan Boys. There seems to be a future, someone just has to figure out how to get it done. There is now several very talented riders contracted with teams that no longer have a series to run in. It is going to take Cubic Dollars to do it right, that means major sponsors.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

5/23/2019 5:44 PM

Not surprised. No one really wants to ride or watch that shit unless they're being paid to.

|

5/23/2019 6:03 PM

So here’s the deal as I know.

As mentioned new promoters bought the series at the end of the year. This after a great 2019 season with packed stadiums and many over sold.

The series sponsors backed out saying their contracts where with the old promoters and not the new promoters. Because of this they had no $ to run the series.

For those of us that do the series, it’s tough. My son races Pro and all his sponsorship is based on his results from the series. Not to mention all the work he has put in already this year. We’ve already been in contact with his sponsors and fortunately they aren’t pulling the plug! Just hoping it can come back with some of the original people back on board.

|

5/23/2019 6:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2019 6:04 PM

cdm806 wrote:

Not surprised. No one really wants to ride or watch that shit unless they're being paid to.

You’ve never been to one then. They are crazy and very entertaining.

|

5/23/2019 6:31 PM

As A Fan Motocross and Supercross and honestly Dirtbike's in general, they just didn't seem interesting to me ,
I always have felt like these bikes are capable of more than just what we use them for so to try different types of tracks and obstacles is cool , but the tracks seemed exactly the same always, and the obstacles used just seem uninteresting, maybe a little more natural, with some deep sand sections , and rollers and ???? I dont know what else but the way it was if i was channel surfing and came across it , i would watch for a few minutes and get bored with it.

|

5/23/2019 6:58 PM

WHR promotes all kinds of stuff though. Arenacross, Monster Trucks etc etc shouldnt have been that hard to get/keep sponsors since its all the same crowds.

If the sponsors didn't stay, that's because they think their ROI isn't worth it. I watched most races and some were packed, some, eh, pretty empty.

|

5/23/2019 7:45 PM

ccullins wrote:

As mentioned new promoters bought the series at the end of the year. This after a great 2019 season with packed stadiums and many over sold.

The series sponsors backed out saying their contracts where with the old promoters and not the new promoters. Because of this they had no $ to run the series.

For those of us that do the series, it’s tough. My son races Pro and all his sponsorship is based on his results from the series. Not to mention all the work he has put in already this year. We’ve already been in contact with his sponsors and fortunately they aren’t pulling the plug! Just hoping it can come back with some of the original people back on board.

It's really too bad. I have been going to these races since '07 and there is nothing like it. If you get a seat right at the rail, you literally risk getting roosted. I remember in the early days you could do a track walk with the riders. I started taking my son to these when he was 9 and we've gone to either the Vegas or Ontario rounds ever since (he's now 18). Last year we went to Prescott Valley, which was completely sold out with people not being able to find seats. It's too bad this is going away as it seemed like they were starting to put it into arenas that were better suited for these races. I'll really miss it, hopefully they can come up with a solution.

|

5/23/2019 7:47 PM

ccullins wrote:

Hopefully a few events will go on without a sanctioning body.

|

5/23/2019 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2019 7:57 PM

Series lost credibility when the series failed to disqualify scumbagger Gomez who INTENTIONALLY CHEATED to manipulate the championship for Rockstar Husky. Complete utter BS IMO.

|

5/23/2019 8:26 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Series lost credibility when the series failed to disqualify scumbagger Gomez who INTENTIONALLY CHEATED to manipulate the championship for Rockstar Husky. Complete utter BS IMO.

Wrong series genius

|

5/23/2019 8:26 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Wrong series..... that was the euro endurocross series.

They are talking about the American endurocross series.

|

Bobby Bonds #129

5/23/2019 8:39 PM

I know off-roaders like it, but I found Endurocross frustrating to watch, Just my opinion. I realise no one asked.

|

5/23/2019 8:51 PM

RexEasely wrote:

bondsmx wrote:

I can't believe I need to explain this concept. Here I go...ANY series connected to the term Endurocross is TRARNISHED. That cheating incident elevated the series status to align with WWF legitimacy. Promoters are well aware of this negative imagine and are afraid to fund a series. You feel me?

|

5/23/2019 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2019 9:04 PM

RexEasely wrote:

I can't believe I need to explain this concept. Here I go...ANY series connected to the term Endurocross is TRARNISHED. That cheating incident elevated the series status to align with WWF legitimacy. Promoters are well aware of this negative imagine and are afraid to fund a series. You feel me?

No, I don't.

So if there was a similar incident in MXGP you feel that would tarnish the US Nationals?

Cause that is basically the example you have given.

Oh yeah, the incident you are referring to happend in the World Super Enduro Series....they don't even use the term endurocross.

You look dumb, just stop.

|

5/23/2019 9:03 PM

RexEasely wrote:

bondsmx wrote:

RexEasely wrote:

Just admit that you didn't know WTF you were talking about. blush
Photo

|

Ed Johnson

5/23/2019 9:04 PM

Small venues, close to the action, some of the best off-roaders in the world and local talent trying to make the show.

Great bang for the buck. It’ll get sorted out.

|

5/23/2019 9:09 PM

RexEasely wrote:

TRARNISHED

|

5/23/2019 9:13 PM

bondsmx wrote:

RexEasely wrote:

LungButter wrote:

No, I don't.

So if there was a similar incident in MXGP you feel that would tarnish the US Nationals?

Cause that is basically the example you have given.

Oh yeah, the incident you are referring to happend in the World Super Enduro Series....they don't even use the term endurocross.

You look dumb, just stop.

its all one endurocross since it's the same tracks and same top level riders.

|

5/23/2019 9:16 PM

RexEasely wrote:

its all one endurocross since it's the same tracks and same top level riders.

I can fix a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.

Have a good night bud, hopefully your hangover isn't too bad tomorrow.

|