Emig in the booth!!

Fourth_Floor
1/25/2020 10:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2020 12:18pm
This needs to happen. Fro and RC calling the races. 2 guys that have ate, slept, and breathed mx/sx. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Poll

Fro alongside RC in the booth?

Choices
|
1/26/2020 2:03am
Sounds good in theory, but listen to their podcast together you may change your tune..
RG1
1/26/2020 2:20am
Dreadful idea. You need a guy like Leigh Diffey or Sheheen to lead the broadcast, with an expert like RC or Emig to provide insight. RC or Emig leading the broadcast would be an absolute disaster
VRR7
1/26/2020 3:16am
Having RC in the booth is a disservice to RC - RC was know as the GOAT - Now he is know as they guy that should not be a presenter. His image would have been better if he never took up presenting !
1/26/2020 10:25am
I think Rc does a fine job, I have no problem separating rc the racer to Rc the announcer. Everyone bashes the annoucers, tv, and radio folks do make mistakes. Even after 38 years of expience. Listen to Friday night boys or girls basketball games on am radio annoucing, very unique, beginners calling the most difficult sports annoucing, hs school band playing out of tune at the wrong time,etc

The Shop

1/26/2020 11:54am
If we’re talking past champs only, McGrath would be my pick.
ky_savage
1/26/2020 12:14pm
I was fine with Ralph and Fro. RC needs to go.
Nuffsaid
1/26/2020 12:40pm
They all need to do a season alongside Malin to up their game,
1/26/2020 12:41pm
Remember 97 Millville emig whip and look over towards that sand wall, 1 st lap of the biggest jump while leading. That was a salute to the fans that snuck onto the track at 2am and carved Emig with huge and deep letters. We where pretty proud of that one, everyone at the track saw it. Art says something like oh baby emig,s feeling great today or something. Where like no you dumdazz he,s saluting are trespassing ninja like ability to get a ladder and perform some kickazz art into the earth👍. Fans saying how did they get up there,etc. It. Was like god was the only person capable,
RacerX8
1/26/2020 1:02pm
VRR7 wrote:
Having RC in the booth is a disservice to RC - RC was know as the GOAT - Now he is know as they guy that...
Having RC in the booth is a disservice to RC - RC was know as the GOAT - Now he is know as they guy that should not be a presenter. His image would have been better if he never took up presenting !
I honestly think RC has been better in the booth this year, it was mentioned that he’s been working at it. I think some people are hypercritical of some of these retired athletes who are thrown in a booth and don’t come across as veterans of the craft.
davistld01
1/27/2020 8:21am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2020 8:38am
99.9% of you bashing RC, Ralph or Fro wouldn’t last 5-min as a commentator before you f’ed something up!

Why do we continue to rag on these guys?
Bigfoot
1/27/2020 9:02am
BRING BACK BAILEY

It's a crime that they're not using David Bailey in some form. I've had the good fortune to chat with him a few times in recent years, and there aren't many people in the sport with his depth of knowledge of current and past racers, or how the sport has progressed and changed over the years.

davistld01
1/27/2020 10:00am
Bigfoot wrote:
BRING BACK BAILEY It's a crime that they're not using David Bailey in some form. I've had the good fortune to chat with him a few...
BRING BACK BAILEY

It's a crime that they're not using David Bailey in some form. I've had the good fortune to chat with him a few times in recent years, and there aren't many people in the sport with his depth of knowledge of current and past racers, or how the sport has progressed and changed over the years.

THAT is one of the coolest MX pics in existence! Bailey floating his factory Honda over the uphill double at Saddleback!

And yeah...not bashing anybody, but I’d love too David Bailey back.
mac3-d
1/27/2020 10:56am
ky_savage wrote:
I was fine with Ralph and Fro. RC needs to go.
You didn't give this option so I didn't vote.
SX isn't going to get top tier like Diffey, so Ralph & Emig are my choice
TXDirt
1/27/2020 11:05am
Emig was terrible and was just mailing it in the last few years. No insight, no excitement. Just blah.

Ralph is a professional announcer and does a good job in my opinion. RC has gotten a lot better this year as well. I will take RC over Emig. I use to think Blair was going to be good now I just find it a waste of time. When they flip to someone in the field it sounds so contrived and scripted. Use to feel more organic with Blair but now it feels the complete opposite.

I think they should bring in some guest folks like Alesi, Windham, Villio, etc.

Mix it up a bit. No clue why we need to be stuck with RC or Emig for 17 rounds straight.
Zaugg
1/27/2020 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2020 12:18pm
The broadcast announcing staff is just following directions from production. If you guys are so upset, it's not really the guys in the booth but the guys in the truck running the show.

Can we just stop with these thread already?

I'm pretty sure we all know you...

Hate Ralph
Like Ralph
Ok with Ralph
Hate RC
Like RC
Think RC has improved
Like Malin
Meh...about Malin
Wish Weege was in the booth
Wish Langston was in the booth
Don't like Weege
Don't like Langston
Like Emig
Think Emig just mailed it in
Hate Emig
Like Diffey
Hate Diffey
Like Will and Daniel
Ok with Will and Daneil
Like Will Don't like Daneil
Ok with Daniel, doesn't like Will
Wish Jenny would come back
Didn't like Jenny
Didn't like any of the floor reporters
Liked the floor reporters
Didn't really care about the floor reporters
Forgot about Dave Despain, Larry Myers, Denny Stephenson, Robbie Floyd, DC, Cameron Steele, Todd Harris, Brian Drebber, Erin Bates, Jamie Little, Ping, Brock Yates, Paul Page, KW, and a couple others.
Art Eckman was God
David Bailey was the second coming
and
Everyone, no matter what, is going to be pissed about something.

That should pretty much cover the announcer threads

Post a reply to: Emig in the booth!!

The Latest

The Latest