Embarrassing track prep

level
Edited Date/Time 6/18/2017 1:15pm
Freaking awful. Get out there and pack that hard tall ruts on straightaways. Just roll it over and pack it down little. Just slop which then dried into slick and tall hard ruts. Just take dozer and smooth it out.
|
Sodipop
6/17/2017 2:34pm
This series is obsessed with ripping tracks.
PabstBR11
6/17/2017 2:41pm
I was thinking the same thing, right when I turned the motos on within seconds I thought wtf? I've already seen it pop up in other threads, whoever doesn't like it gets slayed by the guys that are so hardcore they eat ruts for breakfast. Prob not gonna change but I thought it was janky. I am cool with ruts but should be a limit.
bvm111
6/17/2017 2:41pm
Wasn't it like 5 years ago everyone was complaining all the tracks looked the same and they were too smooth. BlinkBlinkBlink
Hut
6/17/2017 2:43pm
bvm111 wrote:
Wasn't it like 5 years ago everyone was complaining all the tracks looked the same and they were too smooth. BlinkBlinkBlink
It was fairly recent. I'm thinking 10 years ago.

The Shop

Sodipop
6/17/2017 2:43pm
bvm111 wrote:
You realize that there are other ways to get a rough track?

Ripping it 4 feet deep turns it into a ridiculous rut fest.
bsharkey
6/17/2017 2:51pm
Sodipop wrote:
That's because anyone can ride a groomed freeway including me. Sometimes the lines don't always develop like I'm sure they are hoping to but totally flat like riding on asphalt would be boring and everyone would be fast there be nothing to separate any of the Riders
Sodipop
6/17/2017 2:53pm
Sodipop wrote:
bsharkey wrote:
That's because anyone can ride a groomed freeway including me. Sometimes the lines don't always develop like I'm sure they are hoping to but totally flat...
That's because anyone can ride a groomed freeway including me. Sometimes the lines don't always develop like I'm sure they are hoping to but totally flat like riding on asphalt would be boring and everyone would be fast there be nothing to separate any of the Riders
Have you ever watched a GP? Are those tracks freeways?
Motofinne
6/17/2017 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 2:59pm
These tracks aren't rough. The watering and ripping the tracks so deep makes it a rutfest and keeps the tracks relatively smooth.

But this years track was better than last years.

6/17/2017 3:02pm
Motofinne wrote:
These tracks aren't rough. The watering and ripping the tracks so deep makes it a rutfest and keeps the tracks relatively smooth. But this years track...
These tracks aren't rough. The watering and ripping the tracks so deep makes it a rutfest and keeps the tracks relatively smooth.

Rutfest and smooth? Pick one buddy
gt80rider
6/17/2017 3:05pm
Didn't see any problem with it.. it was supposed to be a national track, meaning the toughest and most challenging to found in America... It certainly looked to fit the part...
Motofinne
6/17/2017 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 3:11pm
Motofinne wrote:
These tracks aren't rough. The watering and ripping the tracks so deep makes it a rutfest and keeps the tracks relatively smooth. But this years track...

A track full of ruts is physically way easier to ride than a track that gets bigger braking/acceleration bumps like at Glen Helen.

Both Lakewood and High Point were relatively tame when it comes to the physical aspect.
Mr. Info
6/17/2017 3:07pm
It's not a road race it Motocross and also not SX
bsharkey
6/17/2017 3:13pm
Sodipop wrote:
bsharkey wrote:
That's because anyone can ride a groomed freeway including me. Sometimes the lines don't always develop like I'm sure they are hoping to but totally flat...
Sodipop wrote:
Have you ever watched a GP? Are those tracks freeways?
All the time. Those tracks are gnarly and rough. I guess maybe I misunderstood this post I thought the poster was trying to say the track should be smooth and fast. They rip these tracks and water them a lot to develop lines sometimes it doesn't always happen how they want
bsharkey
6/17/2017 3:14pm
Motofinne wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
A track full of ruts is physically way easier to ride than a track that gets bigger braking/acceleration bumps like at Glen Helen. Both Lakewood and...
A track full of ruts is physically way easier to ride than a track that gets bigger braking/acceleration bumps like at Glen Helen.

Both Lakewood and High Point were relatively tame when it comes to the physical aspect.
I agree that's also a different type of dirt as well in with the heat they have down there you could do the same prep and it wouldn't come out the same way it does that other tracks
6/17/2017 3:15pm
Motofinne wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
A track full of ruts is physically way easier to ride than a track that gets bigger braking/acceleration bumps like at Glen Helen. Both Lakewood and...

I see what you're saying but I disagree that they were not physical, the 450 overall winner looked like he was going to pass out on the podium, for someone who lives in Florida I don't think that was just because of the heat.
MXMattii
6/17/2017 3:15pm
Flat like blue groove tracks are crazy hard to be fast on, ask the Americans at bud who race it in the French championship.
TXDirt
6/17/2017 3:19pm
No one here knows anything about track prep, track safety, and good racing better then MX Sports. So everyone just STFU.

/sarc
6/17/2017 3:26pm
ask ferris what he thought of the track prep ?, ya all dont know how crap it is here , read what kyle peters had to say about racing here on racer x . Stop whining you dont know realise how good you have it
ForToo
6/17/2017 3:27pm
This is motocross, start watching moto gp if you want smooth tracks.
Mr. Info
6/17/2017 3:29pm
Well a National track cannot water during a moto. And only prep when it becomes a danger to the riders. And any other questions need to be addressed to MX Sports so I don't get in trouble
BMSOBx2
6/17/2017 3:42pm
I think the ruts are taking the fun out of it. I don't need blue groove but it would be nice if the riders could change lines whenever instead of getting caught behind lappers. The more creative guys would have more options IMO. I heard the announcers mention that after 2 days of rain they were watering the track between motos to keep the dust down. WTF ? It's a "dirt" bike race. Afraid of a little dust or is this to make it look better for TV? I'm tired of slot car tracks.
level
6/17/2017 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 3:49pm
I understand they have to water the crap out of it before the motos but after the qualifiers get out and rake it. Track in Georgia did that and it was never dusty and had some ruts but was smooth and fun and ruts where they needed to be which was in corners not 15 ruts across on a straight away. They plow so deep of course ruts are going to be massive and deep. That's ridiculous but they need to at least rake it. Don't pack down just smooth it out. Also yes that many ruts takes the fun out of racing. The start straight is how should be rest of track.
cd0583
6/17/2017 3:52pm
I agree with OP. Flatten it out. It doesn't make someone more of a "man" if they can ride ruts. All pros can ride ruts NBD. Lets make a track passable please and thank you.
hillbilly
6/17/2017 3:55pm
level wrote:
Freaking awful. Get out there and pack that hard tall ruts on straightaways. Just roll it over and pack it down little. Just slop which then...
Freaking awful. Get out there and pack that hard tall ruts on straightaways. Just roll it over and pack it down little. Just slop which then dried into slick and tall hard ruts. Just take dozer and smooth it out.
if you pack or roll the lips over it leaves hollow holes hidden.

like racing after quads fubar a track.

btw ,the ruts are not like what you guys ride at lick skillet raceway, your ruts are made by riders with a huge range of speed and skill,they hook and dont flow.

pro day ruts are totaly different,flowing out of corners being made by riders that are closer in speed.
Lester
6/17/2017 4:06pm
level wrote:
Freaking awful. Get out there and pack that hard tall ruts on straightaways. Just roll it over and pack it down little. Just slop which then...
This is the mindset that has allowed the go riders to surpass our riders in outdoor speed and skill.
Lester
6/17/2017 4:08pm
Motofinne wrote:

Tracks with ruts are smooth?
BMSOBx2
6/17/2017 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 4:09pm
level wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
if you pack or roll the lips over it leaves hollow holes hidden. like racing after quads fubar a track. btw ,the ruts are not like...
if you pack or roll the lips over it leaves hollow holes hidden.

like racing after quads fubar a track.

btw ,the ruts are not like what you guys ride at lick skillet raceway, your ruts are made by riders with a huge range of speed and skill,they hook and dont flow.

pro day ruts are totaly different,flowing out of corners being made by riders that are closer in speed.
Billy Hill, it still f__s up the racing. Maybe if they didn't rip it 3' deep you wouldn't have to roll or pack it between motos.
mxdad552
6/17/2017 4:24pm
Track is same for every one. Gate drops same time for every one !!!! What is your problem ???? Trophy for everybody???
BMSOBx2
6/17/2017 4:28pm
Track is the same for everyone. True. Let's see what they can do when they aren't hamstrung by shitty track prep.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
6/17/2017 4:35pm
No ruts on straight sections allows better line switching and creativity. They should definitely roll them out

Post a reply to: Embarrassing track prep

The Latest