Elizabeth City,NC Malcolm Stewart vs Zimmerman

NP301
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:05pm
In Elizabeth city LLQ Stewart came in the inside of Zimmerman, Stewart had the line, but Zimmerman tried to take it back . They end up colliding, Stewart tips over and gets going. Zimmerman goes over the berm/over the handle bars, I saw it. It was a clean pass by Stewart but, Zimmerman at the end of the race, went over to Stewart's trailer and almost started a fight. If you saw it...whats your opinion of the pass?
|
SMITH201
2/25/2010 10:00am
Ahhhh, Elizabeth Shitty, I used to live there.
The town yes, but I like the track! We go there sometimes during the winter months sometimes to get some track time.
Matt Wozney
2/25/2010 10:06am
Sadly, that's the only thing I've heard from what happened at that race.
Zimmmerman....you mean Ryan Zimmerman from PA?
2/25/2010 10:42am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
Ryan Zimmer, not Zimmerman. Ryan did not go over and almost start a fight. Had cooler heads not prevailed it would have been ugly because there were about 75 people who followed Ryan over to Stewarts pit.

Stewart hit him hard enough to knock him completely off the track and about 15 feet away from his bike. Was it dirty? Borderline, it's the A class, kids are going for it. Was it stupid? Well, they both ended up on the ground so it was probably a little aggressive based on the result. No way Malcolm comes even close to making the corner if he does not bounce off Zimmer. I still didn't think it was intentional, just stupid!

They raced 5 or 6 more motos after that and never touched. They also shook hands at the end of the last 250 moto.

The Shop

kcadrenalin
2/25/2010 11:33am
Sombody got the race results? I'm too tired to go looking.
Matt Wozney
2/25/2010 12:52pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Ryan Zimmer, not Zimmerman. Ryan did not go over and almost start a fight. Had cooler heads not prevailed it would have been ugly because there...
Ryan Zimmer, not Zimmerman. Ryan did not go over and almost start a fight. Had cooler heads not prevailed it would have been ugly because there were about 75 people who followed Ryan over to Stewarts pit.

Stewart hit him hard enough to knock him completely off the track and about 15 feet away from his bike. Was it dirty? Borderline, it's the A class, kids are going for it. Was it stupid? Well, they both ended up on the ground so it was probably a little aggressive based on the result. No way Malcolm comes even close to making the corner if he does not bounce off Zimmer. I still didn't think it was intentional, just stupid!

They raced 5 or 6 more motos after that and never touched. They also shook hands at the end of the last 250 moto.
Got ya. I was thinking it was Zimmer. Some good racing there for sure!
nc_mx_kid
2/25/2010 1:26pm
Sadly, that's the only thing I've heard from what happened at that race.
Zimmmerman....you mean Ryan Zimmerman from PA?
FROM NC, his dad runs a Pro Action franchise here .
jleews6
2/25/2010 1:49pm
Malcom is a great rider but seeing the way Ryan Zimmer has progressed in the past year he is going to be one of the top riders at LL. I didnt see what happend at EC but I have never seen R Zimmer ride dirty or even close to it.
Big Lenny
2/25/2010 1:58pm
What about this?..

Lynch Mob?..
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/25/2010 1:58pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Ryan Zimmer, not Zimmerman. Ryan did not go over and almost start a fight. Had cooler heads not prevailed it would have been ugly because there...

About 75 people followed Ryan to Malcolm's pit? Whoa!Blink

That was probably a little scary for Malcolm.
P
2/25/2010 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
NP301 wrote:
In Elizabeth city LLQ Stewart came in the inside of Zimmerman, Stewart had the line, but Zimmerman tried to take it back . They end up...
In Elizabeth city LLQ Stewart came in the inside of Zimmerman, Stewart had the line, but Zimmerman tried to take it back . They end up colliding, Stewart tips over and gets going. Zimmerman goes over the berm/over the handle bars, I saw it. It was a clean pass by Stewart but, Zimmerman at the end of the race, went over to Stewart's trailer and almost started a fight. If you saw it...whats your opinion of the pass?
1. That's racing.

2. Zimmer is lucky that Big James didn't put his foot in his ass.

P
2/25/2010 4:58pm
NP301 wrote:
In Elizabeth city LLQ Stewart came in the inside of Zimmerman, Stewart had the line, but Zimmerman tried to take it back . They end up...
P wrote:
1. That's racing.

P
First of all, big James was not there, second, I would take big Zimmer (Ryan's dad) over Big James any day of the week! Third, KX301 is a moron, I have yet to see a clean pass that leaves both riders on the ground and one of the riders 15 feet from his bike in a corner where they were going about 5 miles an hour. and fourth, if P had Stewart's balls any deeper in his throat, he would be gagging!
petegrath
2/25/2010 5:03pm
Uh oh, another "my dad can beat up your dad" thread?
P
2/25/2010 6:34pm
NP301 wrote:
P wrote:
1. That's racing.

P
SlowOldGuy wrote:
First of all, big James was not there, second, I would take big Zimmer (Ryan's dad) over Big James any day of the week! Third, KX301...
First of all, big James was not there, second, I would take big Zimmer (Ryan's dad) over Big James any day of the week! Third, KX301 is a moron, I have yet to see a clean pass that leaves both riders on the ground and one of the riders 15 feet from his bike in a corner where they were going about 5 miles an hour. and fourth, if P had Stewart's balls any deeper in his throat, he would be gagging!
1. It's racing and shit happens. Zimmer should know that.

2. Shit happens in racing get over it.

3. You should really learn how to write a basic sentence before you start talking shit.

P
mt798
2/25/2010 6:37pm
Yup, sounds like a lynch mob mentality to me! That's just pathetic in this day and age. Maybe it is why James didn't want to ride outdoors any more?

SlowOldGuy did you actually see the pass? The kid (kx301) said he saw it! He said Stewart had the line, but Zimmer tried to take it back and they collided. I believe the kid, unless you saw the pass! If not, STFU and quit calling little kids moron, moron...
Big Lenny
2/25/2010 6:43pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
First of all, big James was not there, second, I would take big Zimmer (Ryan's dad) over Big James any day of the week! Third, KX301...
Ha! STFU...
MX479Guy
2/25/2010 6:51pm
NP301 wrote:
P wrote:
1. That's racing.

P
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Big James wasnt there? I thought he said he was focusing on Malcom and his racing?
P
2/25/2010 6:51pm
mt798 wrote:
Yup, sounds like a lynch mob mentality to me! That's just pathetic in this day and age. Maybe it is why James didn't want to ride...
Yup, sounds like a lynch mob mentality to me! That's just pathetic in this day and age. Maybe it is why James didn't want to ride outdoors any more?

SlowOldGuy did you actually see the pass? The kid (kx301) said he saw it! He said Stewart had the line, but Zimmer tried to take it back and they collided. I believe the kid, unless you saw the pass! If not, STFU and quit calling little kids moron, moron...
Yeah, all of those people going to his pits was fucked up, if they were all going in anger. I wish that someone would have posted that he was going to be in NC, I would have tried to make it to the race. I would have like to have seen him ride.

P
jndmx
2/25/2010 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2010 7:32pm
Nevermind
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
2/25/2010 7:30pm
mt798 wrote:
Yup, sounds like a lynch mob mentality to me! That's just pathetic in this day and age. Maybe it is why James didn't want to ride...

I was there and saw the pass.
To most people who did see it, it was a poor decision on Stewarts part.
To give credit to Stewart though, I'm pretty sure he knew he f*cked up, because he had several oppurtunities to do it again in the remaining moto's in the same turn, but decided against it.
And it wasn't a 'lynch mob'. Everyone knew Stewart was at fault, and when Zimmer got up, he was in pain. When he left the track, he headed straight for the Stewart pit area... everyone knew something was about to happen, so everyone ran over (including me) to see what was happening between the two.
2/25/2010 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:01pm
mt798 wrote:

I was there and was about 30 yards from where it happened. Yes, I saw it.. Ryan was was outside a bit and Malcolm came in way hot and hammered him. Again, I did not think it was dirty or intentional as Malcolm ended up on the ground as well. It was a mistake of aggression. The BS about Zimmer tryong to get back to the inside is laughable. Malcolm came in so hot, no way he makes that corner without bouncing off Zimmer.

P,

Where did I say it was anything more than racing? As usual you are defending anyone named Stewart from non existent allegations, even though you were not there.
Big Lenny
2/25/2010 7:46pm
mt798 wrote:

mxrose3 wrote:
I was there and saw the pass. To most people who did see it, it was a poor decision on Stewarts part. To give credit to...
I was there and saw the pass.
To most people who did see it, it was a poor decision on Stewarts part.
To give credit to Stewart though, I'm pretty sure he knew he f*cked up, because he had several oppurtunities to do it again in the remaining moto's in the same turn, but decided against it.
And it wasn't a 'lynch mob'. Everyone knew Stewart was at fault, and when Zimmer got up, he was in pain. When he left the track, he headed straight for the Stewart pit area... everyone knew something was about to happen, so everyone ran over (including me) to see what was happening between the two.
So really there's no vid of said bogus pass, just a lot of bullshit accounts?...
NCProaction
2/25/2010 7:48pm
NP301 wrote:
Thanks for even talking about my son Ryan Zimmer. Everyone wants to put a man on the end for some reason. We have flown under the radar for so long I can understand why our last name was misspelled. I think we are even further under the radar thim Jimmy D and he almost won his heat race at the Indy SX.
A few things I want to set straight about this weekend. 450 class we couldn't touch Malcolm, he beat us by at least 15 seconds every moto. Ryan took second every moto and he had already went back to the trailer ate lunch and washed his bike before we crossed the checkers. 250 class we had some really good battles all weekend. First moto Sat Ryan got a 5th place start and by the time he got to 2nd Malcolm was gone. Second moto Ryan got a 3rd place start and Malcolm was 4th. McDade and Ritter were first and second. Ryan passed them on the first lap and and it took Malcolm a little longer. On the last lap Ryan was already turning in the corner and Malcolm came in out and they hit. They hit hard. Was it intentional? Knowing Malcolm for many years I think not. It was very aggressive and he had plenty of opportunities to do it again and chose not to. Because of that decision, it really treated the fans to some of the best racing I have seen in a long time.
250 Sun moto 1 Ryan got the holeshot with Malcolm in tow. On lap 4 Ryan hit a tire in a corner another rider knocked on and his front end washed out. Moto 2 Ryan got another holeshot and Malcolm pressured him the whole time. They both raced very clean and it was an incredible race.
Malcom is an incredible rider and an even better kid. I remember watching him at LL's on a PW50. The whole scene Sat. was Ryan mad after getting hit harder than he had ever been hit before. 17 year old sticking up for himself, letting him know he didn't appreciate it. By the time I got back to our pits I had heard Ryan knocked over his bikes and much worse. None of which is true!
Ryan has been training very hard and hoping to do well this year in A class and move up to the Nationals after LL's. He looks forward to racing Malcolm again and hopefully it will be half as good as the show they both put on this weekend.
Thanks for all of the good comments about Ryan. We are definitely not use to it and maybe shortly he can give you more reasons to talk about him. Also want to thank the Stewart family for coming to ECMX and giving us an opportunity to see Malcolm ride.
2/25/2010 7:53pm
P wrote:
It's interesting that Malcom was on the inside of the turn and everyone has said that Zimmer tried to get back into the inside line, yet...
It's interesting that Malcom was on the inside of the turn and everyone has said that Zimmer tried to get back into the inside line, yet it's Malcome's fault???

Either way, the comment from SlimWhat and the vid on this page are very informative.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Malcolm-Stewart-for-2011,7…

P
The video on that page is from Sunday. Slim Whit says Malcolm came in hot and crashed into him. That is exactly what I said. The corner at 1:42 of the video is the same one that the crash happened in. It was one of those crashes that, had you had your eyes closed, you would have though it was bad just from the sound.
jndmx
2/25/2010 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:01pm
Thanks for even talking about my son Ryan Zimmer. Everyone wants to put a man on the end for some reason. We have flown under the...
Thanks for even talking about my son Ryan Zimmer. Everyone wants to put a man on the end for some reason. We have flown under the radar for so long I can understand why our last name was misspelled. I think we are even further under the radar thim Jimmy D and he almost won his heat race at the Indy SX.
A few things I want to set straight about this weekend. 450 class we couldn't touch Malcolm, he beat us by at least 15 seconds every moto. Ryan took second every moto and he had already went back to the trailer ate lunch and washed his bike before we crossed the checkers. 250 class we had some really good battles all weekend. First moto Sat Ryan got a 5th place start and by the time he got to 2nd Malcolm was gone. Second moto Ryan got a 3rd place start and Malcolm was 4th. McDade and Ritter were first and second. Ryan passed them on the first lap and and it took Malcolm a little longer. On the last lap Ryan was already turning in the corner and Malcolm came in out and they hit. They hit hard. Was it intentional? Knowing Malcolm for many years I think not. It was very aggressive and he had plenty of opportunities to do it again and chose not to. Because of that decision, it really treated the fans to some of the best racing I have seen in a long time.
250 Sun moto 1 Ryan got the holeshot with Malcolm in tow. On lap 4 Ryan hit a tire in a corner another rider knocked on and his front end washed out. Moto 2 Ryan got another holeshot and Malcolm pressured him the whole time. They both raced very clean and it was an incredible race.
Malcom is an incredible rider and an even better kid. I remember watching him at LL's on a PW50. The whole scene Sat. was Ryan mad after getting hit harder than he had ever been hit before. 17 year old sticking up for himself, letting him know he didn't appreciate it. By the time I got back to our pits I had heard Ryan knocked over his bikes and much worse. None of which is true!
Ryan has been training very hard and hoping to do well this year in A class and move up to the Nationals after LL's. He looks forward to racing Malcolm again and hopefully it will be half as good as the show they both put on this weekend.
Thanks for all of the good comments about Ryan. We are definitely not use to it and maybe shortly he can give you more reasons to talk about him. Also want to thank the Stewart family for coming to ECMX and giving us an opportunity to see Malcolm ride.
There you have it.......two kids racing hard, some emotions come out but in the end respect all around.

Very cool.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/25/2010 7:55pm
NP301 wrote:
Thanks for even talking about my son Ryan Zimmer. Everyone wants to put a man on the end for some reason. We have flown under the...
Good first post NCProaction.

Your son looks VERY fast. Good luck to both of you.

Post a reply to: Elizabeth City,NC Malcolm Stewart vs Zimmerman

The Latest