Eli's MEC interview

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2018 6:10 AM

Was a big fan of Eli when he broke into the pro ranks but that faded as time went by. His tendency to sulk when things went wrong and the maddening way it takes him forever to pick up his bike and get going after a fall. Guy B's interview with him was a refreshing change. He seemed genuinely down about the way the MXON turned out and stated he wished he had another swingat against those guys more than once a year really caught me by surprise. Laughed out loud when said unless they are at MEC and A1, you have to put an asterik by them being the best.

|

10/13/2018 6:28 AM

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

|

10/13/2018 6:43 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

|

10/13/2018 6:58 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

Yeah and they should race cross country and hard enduro too.
Chris Charlier is actually the fastest guy on the planet. But he doesn't race Monster trucks, does that matter?

|

10/13/2018 7:19 AM


Hey, look at the results history of the MXON.
Winners come and go.

It's gonna be interesting to see who represents us in 2019.
From manager to riders.

As far as only getting one shot, I dunno.
Face it, few GP guys are gonna risk getting hurt massively or losing face trying to beat us in our speciality, ie, SX.
It's up to us to take it to them.
Are there no breaks in the US schedule the weekend a GP is running?
There were 2 or 3 GPs that ran after our nationals were over, at least.

Maybe, hopefully, 2018 will be a motivator for our guys.

Would flying half around the world in the middle of a summer, to run some event in the middle of nowhere, be a hassle? Sure.
Would it take a lot to latch on to the GPs, after a long 9 months of racing here in America? Yep.

Bottom line is, how bad does one want it?
|

10/13/2018 7:28 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

Makeitstop

|

10/13/2018 7:38 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

If you don't gaf then why did you comment?
Just wondering.

|

10/13/2018 7:50 AM

F1 guys who don't show up for Nascar get a big asterisk by Tomacs comment lol. 2 completely different sports and should have completely different participants.

|

10/13/2018 8:05 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

Nor de we gaf about your idiocy

|

10/13/2018 8:06 AM

Finally some different interviews coming from several riders that’s not the typical pc crap and we should let them say what they want.

|

10/13/2018 8:08 AM

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

How in the F#@k is showing up at 2 supercross events prove your better at motocross! The whole argument all week is about Motocross! And who's best at that, that's why it's called the MXoN.

|

10/13/2018 8:19 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

If Tomac wants to claim to be the best rider in North America , he needs to go race GOPHER DUNES national in Canada , because it is the toughest track in North America . And then he needs to go ice racing in Quebec because those guys are bad ass . Until he does that , he should stfu about being the fastest in North America .

|

10/13/2018 8:23 AM

Everyone has their opinions but how great would it be for JH84 and AC222 to show up at the Monster Cup? It wouldn't solve any Vital debates but it would be freaking awesome!!

|

10/13/2018 8:28 AM

3 months of SX practice and Herlings would be top 5. Its just getting used to it. Not like he needs to learn how to ride.

If DV can blitz whoops in flip flops and a hat backwards on a girls bike, pretty sure herlings can do it too.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/13/2018 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 8:42 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

Far from the truth, just retarded.

Its like saying graham jarvis needs to show up in lommel to be the best extreme enduro rider. For fuck sake supercross isnt the same sport as motocross, when Will u guys start realize this and stop comparing then two!?.

|

10/13/2018 8:48 AM

make1go wrote:

feeding his xeno dumbfck "patriotic" fans?

or

inteligent tongue in cheek satire?

idk nor do igaf

What the fuk is it with jumping all over Eli’s ass?? He rode like shit so let it go plus he knows how bad he rode. He’s being open and honest about a shitty showing and of course he'd like a damn do over...who wouldn’t

|

10/13/2018 8:50 AM

Rs444 wrote:

Far from the truth, just retarded.

Its like saying graham jarvis needs to show up in lommel to be the best extreme enduro ...more

Bullshit, it's indoor motocross

Bunch of cry babies want to separate them so you can win the argument.

Herlings spends 100% time training for Outdoors, Tomac has to split 70% indoor 30% outdoors.

Come on over race MEC and SX then talk shit.

|

10/13/2018 8:54 AM

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

Rs444 wrote:

Far from the truth, just retarded.

Its like saying graham jarvis needs to show up in lommel to be the best extreme enduro ...more

500guy wrote:

Bullshit, it's indoor motocross

Bunch of cry babies want to separate them so you can win the argument.

Herlings spends ...more

But didn't you (USA) years ago use SX as the reason why you dominated MXON??

What changed?

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

10/13/2018 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 9:35 AM

Herlings beat Dungey and Musquin indoors the last time they raced. And we all know you are only as good as your last race. Plus he "was not used to those conditions" and the competition rides on them all the time and had more time to develop the bike setup for this style of racing.

Photo

|

10/13/2018 8:56 AM

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

Rs444 wrote:

Far from the truth, just retarded.

Its like saying graham jarvis needs to show up in lommel to be the best extreme enduro ...more

500guy wrote:

Bullshit, it's indoor motocross

Bunch of cry babies want to separate them so you can win the argument.

Herlings spends ...more

I'm guessing you never rode an SX/AX track. Two completely different disciplines. The only thing they have in common aside from the dirt is that you ride a dirt bike on them.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/13/2018 8:57 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

But didn't you (USA) years ago use SX as the reason why you dominated MXON??

What changed?

Everyone else got better and closed the speed gap.

|

10/13/2018 9:01 AM

early wrote:

Everyone else got better and closed the speed gap.

We changed our MX schedule and our guy's are 6 weeks removed from racing when the event happens.

and yes Herlings closed the gap maybe even raised the bar.

|

10/13/2018 9:02 AM

I'm not a big Tomac fan but the interview was very humble and he earned some points with me, right up to the point he said that about the MEC and A1. Supercross is our sport, it's not the rest of the worlds sport. They are the best motocross riders in the world again, give them there due, I don't see that changing. America has chosen Supercross as its sport, and the riders that want to be the best at it have to come here.

|

10/13/2018 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 11:25 AM

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

Rs444 wrote:

Far from the truth, just retarded.

Its like saying graham jarvis needs to show up in lommel to be the best extreme enduro ...more

500guy wrote:

Bullshit, it's indoor motocross

Bunch of cry babies want to separate them so you can win the argument.

Herlings spends ...more

Bro are you serious!?. Fuck, you say it is the same sport but in the sentence after you are saying that the reason to why the gp guys won is because they practice mx 100% and that the AMA dudes practice sx 70% n nats 30% but where is the logic in that statement because if it is the same thing why the fuck would it matter then if the US dudes rides that much Sx?. If its The same thing then everyone who rides sx only would be just as fast in nationals and the other way around!? ?

|

10/13/2018 9:10 AM

500guy wrote:

or stating the truth, show up at A-1 or MEC or STFU about being the best.

Rs444 wrote:

Far from the truth, just retarded.

Its like saying graham jarvis needs to show up in lommel to be the best extreme enduro ...more

500guy wrote:

Bullshit, it's indoor motocross

Bunch of cry babies want to separate them so you can win the argument.

Herlings spends ...more

Ok then by your own logic then RedBud was just an outdoor supercross. Same sport right? What happened?

|

10/13/2018 9:15 AM

Frank wrote:

Ok then by your own logic then RedBud was just an outdoor supercross. Same sport right? What happened?

You think the Team USA riders rode like that all year ?

They had a shit weekend , it does not prove Europe has gained leaps and bounds over us.

Just to be clear I'm not saying USA didn't get worked over because they did.

Look at Coldenhof how many moto's did He win in GP's ? or Lawrence the last good ride he did was MXoN Matterley Basin got his ass worked all year.

Or Paulin who was getting lapped every week in GP's

it was one race proves nothing.

|

10/13/2018 9:18 AM

I’m a huge Tomac fan and knew in those conditions he wouldn’t be close. Everyone saying we have good mud riders have not seen the GP riders in those conditions, they are way far ahead of us in the mud and even more ahead of us in wet + a sand situation.

All that being said and Tomac stating he wishes he could race GPS but the schedule conflicts. He should race the last 2 GPS next year/train in sand to prepare for the nations.

No conflicting schedules, plus he could compare himself to those guys on the other tracks.

|

10/13/2018 9:24 AM

I’m a huge Tomac fan and knew in those conditions he wouldn’t be close. Everyone saying we have good mud riders have not seen the GP riders in those conditions, they are way far ahead of us in the mud and even more ahead of us in wet + a sand situation.

All that being said and Tomac stating he wishes he could race GPS but the schedule conflicts. He should race the last 2 GPS next year/train in sand to prepare for the nations.

No conflicting schedules, plus he could compare himself to those guys on the other tracks.

|

10/13/2018 9:26 AM

500guy wrote:

Bullshit, it's indoor motocross

Bunch of cry babies want to separate them so you can win the argument.

Herlings spends ...more

Frank wrote:

Ok then by your own logic then RedBud was just an outdoor supercross. Same sport right? What happened?

500guy wrote:

You think the Team USA riders rode like that all year ?

They had a shit weekend , it does not prove Europe has gained leaps ...more

USA lost the last 7 years straight not 1 race and the gap is getting wider.

I agree with you on the 70% SX and 30%MX thing. 30% time/effort is not going put any country on top of the sport of Motocross.

The USA needs to restructure contracts/sponsorship to eliminate riders having to do both SX and MX. 20 rounds of SX and 20 rounds of outdoor Nationals with different riders in each.

|

10/13/2018 9:28 AM

shaffstall721 wrote:

I’m a huge Tomac fan and knew in those conditions he wouldn’t be close. Everyone saying we have good mud riders have not seen ...more

Bingo!

No conflicts to race a couple of GP's (if he really wants to do it) before the MXdN at Assen.

Alas, he won't! He'll probably dodge Assen and maybe line up at Ernee in 2020.

|