Eli has an enemy. #51

hamncheeze
3/2/2020 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 9:23pm
Lineman25 wrote:
Any insight as to why bb4 has had hard feelings towards Tomac for awhile. Jt mentioned it on pulp this evening.
Blake got pretty cocky in the post-race press conference after winning at Thunder Valley in 2017. Remember the line about "not having a famous dad".

I think some of it goes back to the 250 days, in the outdoors. The 2012 title fight came down to the last race with Baggett, Barcia and Tomac all having a chance. Baggett won the war that day but then had his wrist injury in 2013 SX and Tomac kind of worked him all summer in 2013. Running the #1 plate and watching Tomac win 12 motos in a row probably stung a bit. Realistically, go back through the Loretta Lynn's Vault on RacerX and you can see that ET3 and BB4 have been rivals since they were little kids. Pretty sure they've had many run-ins over the years.
SWOHIO GUY
3/3/2020 5:48am
Lineman25 wrote:
Any insight as to why bb4 has had hard feelings towards Tomac for awhile. Jt mentioned it on pulp this evening.
hamncheeze wrote:
Blake got pretty cocky in the post-race press conference after winning at Thunder Valley in 2017. Remember the line about "not having a famous dad". I...
Blake got pretty cocky in the post-race press conference after winning at Thunder Valley in 2017. Remember the line about "not having a famous dad".

I think some of it goes back to the 250 days, in the outdoors. The 2012 title fight came down to the last race with Baggett, Barcia and Tomac all having a chance. Baggett won the war that day but then had his wrist injury in 2013 SX and Tomac kind of worked him all summer in 2013. Running the #1 plate and watching Tomac win 12 motos in a row probably stung a bit. Realistically, go back through the Loretta Lynn's Vault on RacerX and you can see that ET3 and BB4 have been rivals since they were little kids. Pretty sure they've had many run-ins over the years.
But was one from the Southern portion of Colorado and the other from the Northern portion of New Mexico?
NateDawg
3/3/2020 8:22am
Lineman25 wrote:
Long story short, Baggett hates that Tomac is better than him. Been that way since 250s.
nskerb
3/3/2020 8:45am
Lineman25 wrote:
hamncheeze wrote:
Blake got pretty cocky in the post-race press conference after winning at Thunder Valley in 2017. Remember the line about "not having a famous dad". I...

Man I remember that and was cringing so hard. Huge BB4 fan and still am, I was beyond stocked to see Baggett run down Tomac in Colorado and he was ripping. But his comments were awful. It made him look pretty bad.

The Shop

3/3/2020 9:06am
I'd say all these guys are tired of hearing over and over about ET3 being the fastest guy, odds on favorite for the title, etc. Watching the races many of them seem to put some extra pepper in their riding when he is around. It's a tight points season with close racing. No surprise the tempers are boiling a little at the moment.
gregyou
3/3/2020 9:29am
I'd say all these guys are tired of hearing over and over about ET3 being the fastest guy, odds on favorite for the title, etc. Watching...
I'd say all these guys are tired of hearing over and over about ET3 being the fastest guy, odds on favorite for the title, etc. Watching the races many of them seem to put some extra pepper in their riding when he is around. It's a tight points season with close racing. No surprise the tempers are boiling a little at the moment.
A lot of guys seem to get a lot faster when tomac is trying to pass them
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/3/2020 9:52am
I'd say all these guys are tired of hearing over and over about ET3 being the fastest guy, odds on favorite for the title, etc. Watching...
gregyou wrote:
Tomac superfans hate that. I think it's just called racing.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
3/3/2020 10:00am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2020 10:29am
I didn't see any real difference between Barcia pass on Tomac and Tomac's back. Barcia historically has thin skin for someone who hits hard.

Blake need to be smart and not get sidetracked. He's gotten himself hurt when he loses the script (Anderson at Red Bud a few years ago) and thinks he needs to prove something to someone.

The idea that either of these guys would have made it easier for Tomac if these things hadn't happened is nuts.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/3/2020 10:04am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2020 10:04am
gregyou wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Tomac superfans hate that. I think it's just called racing.
Ironically, they don't race as quick other times. Manufacturer's must hate that.
3/3/2020 10:39am
I like Barcia a lot but sometimes it comes across that he can dish it out, but isn't as good as taking it. Probably not the smartest thing to go over to the Kawi guys and say that he will make sure Tomac won't win the title (if he did say that). It sure is going to make the coming races exciting to watch though.
IWreckALot
3/3/2020 10:53am
hamncheeze wrote:

I think it may go back even further than that. Something about the Tomac camp accusing Baggett of running a little something extra in his veins at some point.

Baggett has the speed to run with Tomac at times (not always) but just can't keep it off the ground. The incident at Atlanta was just a racing incident. That track was probably the tightest track of the season and Tomac saw a realistic opening and went for it. Just didn't work out. He didn't go in intentionally trying to take BB4 down. That's not Tomac's MO. Banging bars with Barcia is a bad idea in the end for Tomac. It's frustrating to see Barcia step it up when he gets passed aggressively. If he can ride that fast, he should just ride that fast and stay ahead of the competition.
gt757
3/3/2020 11:27am

I just exploded at my monitor after seeing this
3/3/2020 11:34am
After watching that video, it looks like Tomac was the "Bam Bam" on the track, not Barcia at all. And after the race, Tomac is an Ass. Someone needs to take his cocky ass out for sure.
gregyou
3/3/2020 11:37am
After watching that video, it looks like Tomac was the "Bam Bam" on the track, not Barcia at all. And after the race, Tomac is an...
After watching that video, it looks like Tomac was the "Bam Bam" on the track, not Barcia at all. And after the race, Tomac is an Ass. Someone needs to take his cocky ass out for sure.
What video did you watch ?
cpyz300
3/3/2020 11:41am
gt757 wrote:
[embed][/embed] I just exploded at my monitor after seeing this

I've never seen Tomac let out emotion like that but damn that was funny. Tomac laughing at Barcia short circuiting was the best thing I've seen this year.
Momus
3/3/2020 11:48am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2020 11:57am
After watching that video, it looks like Tomac was the "Bam Bam" on the track, not Barcia at all. And after the race, Tomac is an...
Tomac owned him on the track and mockingly brushed him off post race.

Barcia came off looking contrived with his profane utterances and try hard body language.

Barker can ride at Tomacs pace for a few corners when he is fired up, #94 for a bit longer.
Tomac seemingly can easily maintain that intensity for 15 minutes or more.

Thanks for posting.
SWOHIO GUY
3/3/2020 12:03pm
Momus wrote:
Tomac owned him on the track and mockingly brushed him off post race. Barcia came off looking contrived with his profane utterances and try hard body...

Barcia came off looking contrived with his profane utterances and try hard body language.

Barker can ride at Tomacs pace for a few corners when he is fired up, #94 for a bit longer.

Thanks for posting.
His British wife has taught him how to be proper when being a hypocrite!
shortcourse
3/3/2020 12:06pm
Momus wrote:
Tomac owned him on the track and mockingly brushed him off post race. Barcia came off looking contrived with his profane utterances and try hard body...

Thanks for posting.

So if Tomac "owned him" on the track...why did he finish two places behind him?
3/3/2020 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2020 12:17pm
Oakland 2018. I’ll just leave this here. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/03/408252/s1200_051F5D6B_1E1D_4AE3_A068_47E3E609D40F.jpg[/img] [url=https://youtu.be/CY01xD20kzs]https://youtu.be/CY01xD20kzs[/url]
Oakland 2018. I’ll just leave this here.

https://youtu.be/CY01xD20kzs
What? Barcia barely touched him. Eli looks to have lost balance to me....

EDIT: in fact, Tomacs left leg is flying outward before any contact was made.

Man....people see what they want to see...
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/3/2020 12:16pm
Momus wrote:

Thanks for posting.

So if Tomac "owned him" on the track...why did he finish two places behind him?
If you bring up facts like someone finishing in front of him or getting a faster lap time then the response will be something unrelated like "Tomac has 3 outdoor championships!"Grinning
Goon126
3/3/2020 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2020 12:17pm
gt757 wrote:
[embed][/embed] I just exploded at my monitor after seeing this

Wow just wow. I’m glad Tomac told Barcia the truth. I wish Tomac would’ve asked “what’s your nickname again?”
Marcello10
3/3/2020 12:17pm
Barcia cares more about making Eli lose his title run than trying to win his, explains a lot about the type of rider he is
gregyou
3/3/2020 12:31pm
Oakland 2018. I’ll just leave this here. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/03/408252/s1200_051F5D6B_1E1D_4AE3_A068_47E3E609D40F.jpg[/img] [url=https://youtu.be/CY01xD20kzs]https://youtu.be/CY01xD20kzs[/url]
Oakland 2018. I’ll just leave this here.

https://youtu.be/CY01xD20kzs
What? Barcia barely touched him. Eli looks to have lost balance to me.... EDIT: in fact, Tomacs left leg is flying outward before any contact was...
What? Barcia barely touched him. Eli looks to have lost balance to me....

EDIT: in fact, Tomacs left leg is flying outward before any contact was made.

Man....people see what they want to see...
Did we miss the part where tomac lost balance trying to avoid the contact or that doesn’t count ?
nskerb
That video speaks volumes. Barcia is regularly that fired up. Tomac not so much. Seeing how cool/calm Tomac is most of the time, I’d be scared he’d kill me after that.
MOTO1313
I'd like to know which racers Barcia isn't an enemy with.

Post a reply to: Eli has an enemy. #51

The Latest