Eli has an enemy. #51

3/2/2020 8:28am
May I point everyone to the interview that RV did in the last year or two of this racing career, when he said something along the lines of "When I'm out here racing against the top guys like, Reed and Stewart, there is a mutual respect and a mutual trust. We're going to race hard but we're going to race clean and race safe. Unfortunately there is just none of that with Barcia, the guy is not capable of racing clean."

This is the problem with Barcia. He does not have the speed or talent to race the top guys head to head and clean, he will lose every time. Anger and frustration kicks in and he resorts to dirty take outs and Bam Bam takes over. You'll never see Barcia ride as fast as when he's tracking down a rider who just passed him for a retaliatory take out for passing him. If Barcia could ride a whole main event as fast as he rides when he's stocking someone for a take out, his results would be way better.
hamncheeze
3/2/2020 8:32am
Meanwhile Roczen is just sitting back, having a beer and watching this drama while rubbing his hands together. It's the perfect scenario for him right now. For the most part his starts are dialled and when he starts up front he's gone. Tomac's starts are up and down like a sine wave, and now he's got beef with Barcia and the #4 is also probably looking to even up the score. And Roczen's true kryptonite, Cooper Webb, is now almost a full race back in points. This time last week I thought Tomac was on track to steadily pull away to this title, but now I'm not so sure. It's not his riding or his "mental game", it's just that he can't get starts consistently and he's going to have to ride through guys and he's got a few now who want to park him.

I will say I've never seen Eli as aggressive with his passes as this season. I think it shows the hunger, but it also makes some enemies.
hamncheeze
3/2/2020 8:34am
Madmax31 wrote:
Eli is overdue for an attitude adjustment. For some reason people tend to pull over for Eli and when they don't you can see his over...
Eli is overdue for an attitude adjustment. For some reason people tend to pull over for Eli and when they don't you can see his over aggressiveness come thru. I hope riders start treating him the way he deserves to be treated on the track.
You mean pull over like Davalos and Friese did for Barcia on Saturday night?
MOTO1313
3/2/2020 8:44am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 8:45am
There's a reason Barcia has a fkng horrible reputaion as a dirty racer...he earned it.

The Shop

3/2/2020 8:49am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 8:55am
Momus wrote:
Webb is not injured in any real sense. He and KTM inc have convincingly stooged a lot of people. Last act was the no show at...
Webb is not injured in any real sense.

He and KTM inc have convincingly stooged a lot of people.

Last act was the no show at the presser because; 'I have to see Dr Racecraft'.

Webb doesn't have to be injured in any "real sense" for his performance to be incredible given the circumstances of last week. He may not have any broken bones, but he is certainly very sore, and the pain might have been enough for him and KTM to decide to go to the doctors just be sure there are no injuries.

This idea that you are espousing, that Webb and KTM are playing it up, is completely without warrant or credibility. Did you not see Webb's crash last week? I remember walking down the street and it was wet out. I put my foot on a metal sewer grate, and my feet came out from under me in a split second. I landed flat on my back on the concrete sidewalk. I was sore for weeks, and work was almost impossible for the first few days. That was just from a walking pace, not racing a bike and flying through the air, and then landing on my back. It's incredibly disrespectful for you to opine your view about a situation you have very little to no actual information about.
3/2/2020 9:03am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
May I point everyone to the interview that RV did in the last year or two of this racing career, when he said something along the...
May I point everyone to the interview that RV did in the last year or two of this racing career, when he said something along the lines of "When I'm out here racing against the top guys like, Reed and Stewart, there is a mutual respect and a mutual trust. We're going to race hard but we're going to race clean and race safe. Unfortunately there is just none of that with Barcia, the guy is not capable of racing clean."

This is the problem with Barcia. He does not have the speed or talent to race the top guys head to head and clean, he will lose every time. Anger and frustration kicks in and he resorts to dirty take outs and Bam Bam takes over. You'll never see Barcia ride as fast as when he's tracking down a rider who just passed him for a retaliatory take out for passing him. If Barcia could ride a whole main event as fast as he rides when he's stocking someone for a take out, his results would be way better.
Haha that was a great and funny interview..
RV said there was mutual respect with stew but he was scary because he was completely unpredictable.. lol
3/2/2020 10:55am
At times Eli does indeed ride as if he thinks he's entitled to your position. If you put up a fight you're dumb for doing so...
At times Eli does indeed ride as if he thinks he's entitled to your position. If you put up a fight you're dumb for doing so and Eli then will lean on you hard. Fall in line plebes and let King Eli ride to his rightful crown!
You must have a much better TV than I to know what the riders are thinking during the race.
Lineman25
3/2/2020 11:02am
At times Eli does indeed ride as if he thinks he's entitled to your position. If you put up a fight you're dumb for doing so...
At times Eli does indeed ride as if he thinks he's entitled to your position. If you put up a fight you're dumb for doing so and Eli then will lean on you hard. Fall in line plebes and let King Eli ride to his rightful crown!
You must have a much better TV than I to know what the riders are thinking during the race.
😂😂😂
thorns
3/2/2020 11:14am
Crush wrote:
So... now Barcia is making threats to the Kawi team... "Eli is not gonna win this title"...

Wow.

http://pulpmx.com/podcast/atlanta-sx-2020-review/
If thats the case, how long before Kawi are on the blower to Bowers saying, remember when Barcia broke your leg at the monster cup? Here's some money and a factory bike, go pay him back.

motomike137
3/2/2020 11:16am
Actually I form all my opinions based on what I read on Vital Evil
Donovan759
3/2/2020 12:14pm
Eli is a douche bag. If anyone was pissed at Dylan Ferrandis a couple weeks ago, then you should be pissed at Tomac tonight. His move...
Eli is a douche bag. If anyone was pissed at Dylan Ferrandis a couple weeks ago, then you should be pissed at Tomac tonight. His move on Baggett was no different than Dyans move on Craig.
You must have been watching on a flip phone to think that those two passes were even relatively close to the same thing.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
3/2/2020 12:29pm
You guys crack me up. Barcia is a "squid"? Yeah ok, whatever. He is 3rd in points, has a factory Yanaha ride.....yep he is a squid...
You guys crack me up. Barcia is a "squid"? Yeah ok, whatever. He is 3rd in points, has a factory Yanaha ride.....yep he is a squid for sure.

Barcia is winning. Racing is a lot mental. And if he is already in 20 guys heads before the gate drops, and they pull over and let him bye, he wins.

Anyone remember a guy named Hanaha? Guess the guy calling Barcia a squid was not even a twinkle in his dads eye when he raced.
Nope. Never heard of a guy named Hanaha
MOTO1313
3/2/2020 1:05pm
Barcia may be fast. Barcia may be a Factory Yamaha rider. Barcia somehow is magically top 5 in points (for now). Barcia is still a friggin squid.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
3/2/2020 1:18pm
You guys crack me up. Barcia is a "squid"? Yeah ok, whatever. He is 3rd in points, has a factory Yanaha ride.....yep he is a squid...
You guys crack me up. Barcia is a "squid"? Yeah ok, whatever. He is 3rd in points, has a factory Yanaha ride.....yep he is a squid for sure.

Barcia is winning. Racing is a lot mental. And if he is already in 20 guys heads before the gate drops, and they pull over and let him bye, he wins.

Anyone remember a guy named Hanaha? Guess the guy calling Barcia a squid was not even a twinkle in his dads eye when he raced.
stremme12 wrote:
Nope. Never heard of a guy named Hanaha
I think he rode for Yanaha
kijen
3/2/2020 1:21pm
Let the riders figure it out, not sure anyone in this thread is impacted by it one way or another. Professional sports is about entrainment, the players/riders are the ones who care.

Personally i was entertained by Barcia, Webb and Tomac, did not get to see much of KennySmile
hamncheeze
3/2/2020 1:22pm
Crush wrote:
So... now Barcia is making threats to the Kawi team... "Eli is not gonna win this title"...

Wow.

http://pulpmx.com/podcast/atlanta-sx-2020-review/
thorns wrote:
If thats the case, how long before Kawi are on the blower to Bowers saying, remember when Barcia broke your leg at the monster cup? Here's...
If thats the case, how long before Kawi are on the blower to Bowers saying, remember when Barcia broke your leg at the monster cup? Here's some money and a factory bike, go pay him back.

Bowers did pay him back last year, and got shit for it. Still, Tomac could certainly stand to have a few more friendly green bikes out there.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
3/2/2020 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 1:38pm
MOTO1313 wrote:
Barcia may be fast. Barcia may be a Factory Yamaha rider. Barcia somehow is magically top 5 in points (for now). Barcia is still a friggin...
Barcia may be fast. Barcia may be a Factory Yamaha rider. Barcia somehow is magically top 5 in points (for now). Barcia is still a friggin squid.
Barcia has finished the supercross season top 5 in points (Granted it was one time) before so why is it so magical this time?
nickm
3/2/2020 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 4:31pm
Nobody is lucky winning championships and everyone in the current top 5 is a former multi time champ. Everyone in the top 5 has a shot at winning this and nobody should roll over for anyone. Dungey thrown in as a comparative since he's beaten all these guys.

ledger
3/2/2020 4:31pm
If there's ever a time for Tomac to get good start's...NOW is that time.
Mr. Afterbar
3/2/2020 4:37pm
If I was Eli, I wouldn’t leave him any chance at retaliation. Give Barcia something to actually complain about. I have no problem with the racing this past weekend and have been cheering for the underdog Barcia, but for him to have an issue with Eli for aggressive riding is completely asinine.
Goon126
3/2/2020 4:37pm
If 51 makes an aggressive pass everyone says “well thats why we call him BAM BAM!” If 3 makes an aggressive pass everyone loses their mind. Eli is faster than Barcia. Barcia is the one that should be looking over his shoulder if he is going to make idiotic threats to people giving him a taste of his own medicine.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/2/2020 5:40pm
So.... for a betting man, what's the over under on someone getting black flagged in the next 2 rounds? Sounds like both Baggett and Barcia are looking for getting some payback?
motomike137
3/2/2020 6:24pm
TbonesPop wrote:
So.... for a betting man, what's the over under on someone getting black flagged in the next 2 rounds? Sounds like both Baggett and Barcia are...
So.... for a betting man, what's the over under on someone getting black flagged in the next 2 rounds? Sounds like both Baggett and Barcia are looking for getting some payback?
You really think either will do anything that drastic? I know it's popular here to make fun of Justin and yeah he wears his heart on his sleeve but he is in this championship hunt for the first time in years. I think at most Barcia will race very very hard. Of the two Bagget has the least to loose but I highly doubt you will see anything blatant from him either. The fervor pitch this thread has reached is highly entertaining but I really doubt any of these riders are losing any sleep tonight over last weekend.
Shaned9326
3/2/2020 7:10pm
Goon126 wrote:
If 51 makes an aggressive pass everyone says “well thats why we call him BAM BAM!” If 3 makes an aggressive pass everyone loses their mind...
If 51 makes an aggressive pass everyone says “well thats why we call him BAM BAM!” If 3 makes an aggressive pass everyone loses their mind. Eli is faster than Barcia. Barcia is the one that should be looking over his shoulder if he is going to make idiotic threats to people giving him a taste of his own medicine.
Barcia won’t have a chance to hit Eli at Daytona as he will be a zip code behind Tomac at that track!!
omalley
3/2/2020 8:08pm
Lineman25 wrote:
😂😂😂
Smart TV
Momus
3/2/2020 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 8:17pm
Goon126 wrote:
If 51 makes an aggressive pass everyone says “well thats why we call him BAM BAM!” If 3 makes an aggressive pass everyone loses their mind...
Barcia will be on black flag watch.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/2/2020 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 8:40pm
TbonesPop wrote:
So.... for a betting man, what's the over under on someone getting black flagged in the next 2 rounds? Sounds like both Baggett and Barcia are...
You really think either will do anything that drastic? I know it's popular here to make fun of Justin and yeah he wears his heart on...
You really think either will do anything that drastic? I know it's popular here to make fun of Justin and yeah he wears his heart on his sleeve but he is in this championship hunt for the first time in years. I think at most Barcia will race very very hard. Of the two Bagget has the least to loose but I highly doubt you will see anything blatant from him either. The fervor pitch this thread has reached is highly entertaining but I really doubt any of these riders are losing any sleep tonight over last weekend.
It was a tongue in cheek statement....sort of. I don't expect Barcia to do anything to jeopardize his ability to finish a race (meaning crash himself in the process or get black flagged). Barcia is 1 very close to being 3rd in points and its a contract year for Barcia. Add to that, he's actually still very much in the title hunt if something were to happen to Ken and Eli. Barcia also has an automatic 1 year extension to his contract if he finishes top 3 in points. So there's too much incentive for Barcia to just be stupid. I would expect him to race hard but not overly dirty or to do anything that damages his points standing.

Not sure if you listen to DBs podcast, but there was someone that posted to them a message that "they overheard Baggett in the pits SAt night make some comment about doing something to end Tomac's shot at the title". I'm paraphrasing, so just go listen to the podcast. Now, that's also nothing more than rumor. Could all be complete BS. If anyone had a payback that Tomac should be concerned about, it would be with Baggett. People need to remember, Roczen and Baggett are really good buddies and Baggett is way out of the points battle. Wouldn't be surprised to see him bang bars to make things harder on Eli.

I personally expect some aggressive riding and wouldn't put it past a little payback from Baggett, but nothing causing anything major in the points shake up.
Lineman25
3/2/2020 9:07pm
Any insight as to why bb4 has had hard feelings towards Tomac for awhile. Jt mentioned it on pulp this evening.

Post a reply to: Eli has an enemy. #51

The Latest