Eli and Chase

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2022 5:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2022 5:35 PM

Epic performance by both these guys today, the first couple minutes of the second moto were intense. I thought if Eli didn't pass him soon enough he might chance going down, definitely was trying hard and wanted to show the young pup who the master is! Chase hung right with him, future looks bright for Ole Red.

|

7/16/2022 5:37 PM

Tomac was hanging it out. So fun watching him ride like that. Going to miss these rides.

|

7/16/2022 5:53 PM

That's Moto...cool

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...

Hello?..Vital?...

7/16/2022 5:58 PM

2023.... would absolutely love to see et3 vs sexton vs Jett vs DF!!!! True shame if et3 goes sx only...!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/16/2022 6:09 PM

Just finished watching the second moto, that was cool! A treat to see Eli ride 100% and good damn job Chase staying on his heels the whole entire moto!

|

7/16/2022 6:14 PM

Great racing!

|

7/16/2022 6:17 PM

As a huge Eli fan, Chase was AWESOME. I've seen very few hang with Tomac like that. And currently, I do think Eli still has that extra 1% of speed when needed, but it's so impressive how quickly Chase is getting up to speed. He's really making this season exciting, despite DF14 being injured.

|

7/16/2022 6:22 PM

If Jett moves up (is this confirmed?), January 2023 is going to be one insane start to the season.

|

7/16/2022 6:25 PM

jonesaustin wrote:

If Jett moves up (is this confirmed?), January 2023 is going to be one insane start to the season.

Next summer.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/16/2022 6:26 PM

jonesaustin wrote:

Jett moves up outdoors 2023. SX, Jett races 250

|

7/16/2022 6:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2022 6:51 PM

jonesaustin wrote:

Rumour is Jett moving up for 23 outdoors.

And man, I can't believe after all these years Tomac still goes this hard.. and this is probably the best version of him since 2015. Not only does he seem to have more pace than in the last years, on top of that he also has good starts now.
And I've never seen Eli this spend before, Chase really pushed him to the limit lol.

|

7/16/2022 6:36 PM

I'm a big Eli fan, and his riding in moto 2 was up there with the best I've ever seen from him. The lap where he passed Kenny, caught up to Chase, and made that pass at the start straight was just insane. What's just as insane is that Sexton stayed right there for the whole moto. Unless Jett is just as good on the 450 as he is on the 250 right away, Sexton has multiple championships in his future as long as he stays relatively healthy.

|

7/16/2022 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2022 6:40 PM

I don’t think Jett’s running that pace for 30+2 in 2023. He needs a year or two to learn the 450 and racing men.

|

bd

7/16/2022 6:43 PM

This sport HAS to be seen in person. The TV really can't capture how fast these guys are going. Watching it today at the track was some of the best racing in both classes.

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

7/16/2022 7:42 PM

Epic battle for first. Eli has experience and extreme grit, Chase has great form, youth and will not quit.

Tomac was very tired at the end of that moto compared to Sexton,...I think Chase can outlast Tomac.

|

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand..."

7/16/2022 7:49 PM

Mt Martin is so ridiculous in person

Eli was amazing, but I was shocked at Chase being on him like that. Got a chance to stand in between the whoops during moto 2. Unreal seeing Eli and Chase flying through.

|

7/16/2022 7:59 PM

I just watched the live timing today. Every time that Sexton got close to Tomac the next lap Eli was a bit faster than Chase. Then it would start again, Chase would close in to a bit over a second and then Tomac would add a half second to it. The last lap Tomac added about a half second to his lead. I will enjoy seeing a video of it. Awesome race I think.

|

7/16/2022 8:28 PM

I was on the edge of my seat that entire 2nd moto. Eli was an absolute animal and Chase would not go away, what a ride by the two of them. However, my favorite moment, hands down, was Eli looking at Ellingson afterwards and clearly reading his lips "That was so bad ass", with a smile on his face.

|

7/16/2022 8:50 PM

cool_hand wrote:

Epic battle for first. Eli has experience and extreme grit, Chase has great form, youth and will not quit.

Tomac was very ...more

Uhh Eli just outlasted Chase

|

7/16/2022 8:59 PM

I can’t believe how spent Eli was. Among the most fit athletes in the world and he was tanked.

|

7/16/2022 10:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2022 8:38 AM

I think Eli was still tired from Southwick. Hard to imagine but looks like Chase is in better shape than Eli. Youth has something to do with it too.

And Eli's pants had to be bothering him the last few laps...geez!

|

7/16/2022 10:22 PM

Not taking anything away from Sexton, but I don't think the second moto would have been as close if Eli's pants didn't start falling down about halfway into the moto.

|

2020 KTM 350 SXF

7/16/2022 10:31 PM

Congratz to ET3 on a amazing display of racing today. Also was very impressed with how CS23 rode today even though he had that fall. To catch & pass ET3 in moto 1 is no easy task. I can’t remember anybody doing that besides DF14 maybe last year.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

7/16/2022 11:01 PM

My jaw was dropped the first 7 minutes of that 2nd moto! It's such a beautiful sight to see athletes unlock a certain portion of their brain that taps into the upper echelon of a flow state.

We all know Eli has a beast mode, but to me that was... what would you even call it?? Utter SAVAGE Neanderthal Viking mode??

|

7/17/2022 1:50 AM

nrosso391 wrote:

This sport HAS to be seen in person. The TV really can't capture how fast these guys are going. Watching it today at the track ...more

Agree 100%, especially at Millville. When you stand at the fence watching these guys bomb down Mount Martin with the bumps and fly-away jumps at speed is so crazy.

Eli and Chase were on it today all day long, amazing to see them push it so hard for 35 minutes. Amazing to see different techniques with similar speed.....Chase is so smooth , Eli just hammers it all over.

|

7/17/2022 4:27 AM

The raw video will be a watcher too🔥💪👍

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

7/17/2022 8:36 AM

I have a feeling if Tomac is happy with the 2023 YZ we’ll see him again next summer. Remember he didn’t extend his SX contract until he won, might do the same with MX.

|

7/17/2022 8:40 AM

CPan wrote:

I have a feeling if Tomac is happy with the 2023 YZ we’ll see him again next summer. Remember he didn’t extend his SX contract ...more

I don't think so. The video of him here made it sound like he is done.

|

7/17/2022 8:45 AM

Ehm24 wrote:

My jaw was dropped the first 7 minutes of that 2nd moto! It's such a beautiful sight to see athletes unlock a certain portion ...more

Tomac in Washougal 2018 Moto 2 was Double Secret Barbarian Caveman mode. wink wink

|

7/17/2022 9:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2022 9:43 AM

Tomac is an animal! His front forks looked like jackhammers that second moto where Chase looked like he was riding a groomed track! Great show, reminded me of watching David Bailey and Rick Johnson.
As a matter of fact that was the best 4 motos I have seen in a long time! Grate day of racing.

|