Eli: “Where do you draw the line? ...That pass was over the line!”

make1go
4/24/2018 4:16pm
I see a guy ([i]in the lead[/i]) taking the lowest established line possible in a corner to protect his position and a guy behind him attempting...
I see a guy (in the lead) taking the lowest established line possible in a corner to protect his position and a guy behind him attempting to jump in front of him. Be it on purpose, accident, whatever the only reason Tomac ended up on the ground is because Marvin parked his bike in front of Tomac leaving him no option, nor any time, to adjust.

I suppose we just have to agree to disagree.
lol when is the "established line" the only one you can take?

just cause no ones used the flat most inside PART OF THE TRACK doesnt mean you cant use it..

if i think someone will come up the inside, then im as inside as you can go and my bike becomes very wide on exit.

often the guy in first is at a disadvantage on the last few laps, in many forms of racing.
TeamGreen
4/24/2018 5:19pm
rubarb wrote:
Does it seem like Manny is being a bigger baby than Tomac is about the whole thing?
Absolutely. The dude is a noob and an obvious Rockstar Husky Nut-Hugger!
akillerwombat
4/24/2018 8:16pm
make1go wrote:
lol when is the "established line" the only one you can take? just cause no ones used the flat most inside PART OF THE TRACK doesnt...

just cause no ones used the flat most inside PART OF THE TRACK doesnt mean you cant use it..

if i think someone will come up the inside, then im as inside as you can go and my bike becomes very wide on exit.

often the guy in first is at a disadvantage on the last few laps, in many forms of racing.
The Marvin line was used one time in the race (perhaps even all night) and it resulted in taking another rider out.

I'd say that was a pretty shitty line choice even if you're "allowed" to use it.

The Shop

TeamGreen
4/26/2018 6:14am
make1go wrote:
lol when is the "established line" the only one you can take? just cause no ones used the flat most inside PART OF THE TRACK doesnt...

The Marvin line was used one time in the race ([i]perhaps even all night[/i]) and it resulted in taking another rider out. I'd say that was...
The Marvin line was used one time in the race (perhaps even all night) and it resulted in taking another rider out.

I'd say that was a pretty shitty line choice even if you're "allowed" to use it.
Could Eli have shut down Marvin at the ENTRANCE to this “protected line” you speak of?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/26/2018 7:25am
The Marvin line was used one time in the race ([i]perhaps even all night[/i]) and it resulted in taking another rider out. I'd say that was...

I think you're missing the point of racing. How many times in motorsports has a rider/driver pulled a new line out of their butt in order to make a late race pass? Countless times.

If people want "established ruts" to dictate the racing line 100% then have fun watching follow-the-leader even more than it is currently.

Furthermore, Marvin has done this calculated move countless times where he dives inside someone and blocks their line. This ONE time his timing wasn't so perfect, coupled with how Eli turned down tight and they made contact. It still doesn't make it a shitty line, it got him the win in a 450 supercross.
TeamGreen
4/26/2018 10:07am

seth505 wrote:
I think you're missing the point of racing. How many times in motorsports has a rider/driver pulled a new line out of their butt in order...
I think you're missing the point of racing. How many times in motorsports has a rider/driver pulled a new line out of their butt in order to make a late race pass? Countless times.

If people want "established ruts" to dictate the racing line 100% then have fun watching follow-the-leader even more than it is currently.

Furthermore, Marvin has done this calculated move countless times where he dives inside someone and blocks their line. This ONE time his timing wasn't so perfect, coupled with how Eli turned down tight and they made contact. It still doesn't make it a shitty line, it got him the win in a 450 supercross.
And ya know what we say to that...?

BOOM!
4/26/2018 12:35pm
Marv pulls a tear off going down the start straight; foreshadowing what is to come. He jumps to the inside before Tomac hits his apex. He's in the air when Tomac pivots. He doesn't have enough space to stop once he lands. It was intentional but he put his balls on the cross bar and committed to something. Just own it and say you went for a hail mary, unsure of what the end result would be.

Post a reply to: Eli: “Where do you draw the line? ...That pass was over the line!”

The Latest