Eli Tomacs race report from Foxborough

dirtman1
|
drt410
4/27/2018 6:01pm
Every time I watch the replay I cringe that he even took the extra couple seconds to stand there and give a thumbs up and then throw his arms up saying what the hell was that. Those are valuable championship seconds where he could have been passed by Anderson, especially since his bike was jacked up. You see other riders like Dungey or even those 2 dudes in the LCQ who when they go down before they're even done sliding on the ground they're already trying to get back on the bike and get going. In that LCQ they were off going before one guy was even back on his bike and so he crashed again. Didn't work out for him but the other guy did the same and got remounted and beat him to qualify. He needs to cut that type of stuff out and worry about doing all that crap after the race.

I watched Dungeys retirement video thing on youtube yesterday (where they conveniently left out Villopotos entire career and made it seem like Dungey moved up from the B class and then won everything until he retires) but he talked about how he finished every race unless his bike literally didn't work. Hell he finished one race with a broken neck. Im a huge Eli fan, but theres a pattern now that its happened a few times. He pulls off or takes an extremely long time to get back on his bike. I can see if you back up on the bike and you need a couple seconds to get your bearing maybe fix the levers and whatnot, but just lallygaggin around until you either decide to finally get back on or decide to pull off isnt going to get him a SX championship. Thats literally all he has to work on and thats the easiest thing of all time. He already has the speed, wins, talent, bike, team...... everything. Literally all he has to do is not pull off the track after a crash and when he does crash and clearly isnt injured like last weekend, get TF back on the bike as fast as you can. Carmichael crashed in Unadilla and got back up so fast he was able to pass James back again within a lap before he got landed on. Not only are you getting passed when you fart around but your letting the leader get further away. This is literally the simplest fix of all time to get a guy to win a championship that its ridiculous. He has everything besides the couple bad races he has every year that he compounds into something even worse than they should be. McGraths one regret is that he said he had too much of an ego when he lost the mx championship to Emig to ride around in 10-15th place so he pulled off the track, and then lost the series by a couple points at the end.

Its simple Tomac get tf back up on the bike as fast as you can, dont do any hand gestures, looking around, throwing your arms up. Get right back on the bike and then if you have to settle for a 10th... settle. If he changes this 1 friggin thing hell be the champ.
Ebs
4/27/2018 6:08pm
"You know how much I love a good t-bone, mother"
SEE ARE125
4/27/2018 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 6:09pm
“You know how much I love a good t-bone.”

LaughingLaughing

EDIT: ^EBS beat me to it. Laughing

The Shop

Phantom 661
4/28/2018 2:53pm
drt410 wrote:
Every time I watch the replay I cringe that he even took the extra couple seconds to stand there and give a thumbs up and then...
Every time I watch the replay I cringe that he even took the extra couple seconds to stand there and give a thumbs up and then throw his arms up saying what the hell was that. Those are valuable championship seconds where he could have been passed by Anderson, especially since his bike was jacked up. You see other riders like Dungey or even those 2 dudes in the LCQ who when they go down before they're even done sliding on the ground they're already trying to get back on the bike and get going. In that LCQ they were off going before one guy was even back on his bike and so he crashed again. Didn't work out for him but the other guy did the same and got remounted and beat him to qualify. He needs to cut that type of stuff out and worry about doing all that crap after the race.

I watched Dungeys retirement video thing on youtube yesterday (where they conveniently left out Villopotos entire career and made it seem like Dungey moved up from the B class and then won everything until he retires) but he talked about how he finished every race unless his bike literally didn't work. Hell he finished one race with a broken neck. Im a huge Eli fan, but theres a pattern now that its happened a few times. He pulls off or takes an extremely long time to get back on his bike. I can see if you back up on the bike and you need a couple seconds to get your bearing maybe fix the levers and whatnot, but just lallygaggin around until you either decide to finally get back on or decide to pull off isnt going to get him a SX championship. Thats literally all he has to work on and thats the easiest thing of all time. He already has the speed, wins, talent, bike, team...... everything. Literally all he has to do is not pull off the track after a crash and when he does crash and clearly isnt injured like last weekend, get TF back on the bike as fast as you can. Carmichael crashed in Unadilla and got back up so fast he was able to pass James back again within a lap before he got landed on. Not only are you getting passed when you fart around but your letting the leader get further away. This is literally the simplest fix of all time to get a guy to win a championship that its ridiculous. He has everything besides the couple bad races he has every year that he compounds into something even worse than they should be. McGraths one regret is that he said he had too much of an ego when he lost the mx championship to Emig to ride around in 10-15th place so he pulled off the track, and then lost the series by a couple points at the end.

Its simple Tomac get tf back up on the bike as fast as you can, dont do any hand gestures, looking around, throwing your arms up. Get right back on the bike and then if you have to settle for a 10th... settle. If he changes this 1 friggin thing hell be the champ.
Yes, unless you're obviously injured or take a ding to the noggin after falling and need a few to clean out the cobwebs then get going... ASAP!

Ted722
4/28/2018 3:04pm
Elysses Tomac:
"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on."

Post a reply to: Eli Tomacs race report from Foxborough

The Latest