Eli Tomac #3

resetjet
1/28/2019 7:24am
Eli is sitting pretty. 3 points behind coop and no major F ups yet. If he can keep this up a few more rounds and then ride like we all know he can, its his to lose. I bet he has marching orders for no hero rides at this point.
MOTO732
1/28/2019 7:36am
Eli has really not set the world on fire with starts and he is only 3 points or so out. He is settling in. He'll win 5 races at least and do just fine. We saw the start last week in the 3rd main. Holeshot and walked away. It's Eli's championship year and everyone knows it...including Eli this year.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
1/28/2019 8:17am
He said in an interview after A2 that they are still figuring a few things out with the bike, and that he hasn't found a setup that makes him completely comfortable yet.

However, in the past, he would've still tried to go fastest to win. He's being more patient this year and it's paying off.

Remember, at this point last year he had 2 wins but averaged 13.5 points per race. This year he has averaged 20. Plenty of racing left and all he has to do is stay in the hunt before they head east.
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1317th
1/28/2019 8:24am
I'm not a fan of speculation, but he sure seems a little off. I was expecting him to blow everyone's heads off this year.

The Shop

IWreckALot
1/28/2019 8:42am
MOTO732 wrote:
Eli has really not set the world on fire with starts and he is only 3 points or so out. He is settling in. He'll win...
Eli has really not set the world on fire with starts and he is only 3 points or so out. He is settling in. He'll win 5 races at least and do just fine. We saw the start last week in the 3rd main. Holeshot and walked away. It's Eli's championship year and everyone knows it...including Eli this year.
His starts are piss poor. Like not even top 10 piss poor. He's getting a late jump and pinched at the gate a lot of times.
MOTO732
1/28/2019 9:00am
That's my point. Eli is really not firing on all cylinders, starts are not great, hasn't won an OA and yet he is only 3 points out. He gets settled in, gets his starts dialed better and everyone will be battling for a distant second.
Sibex
1/28/2019 9:11am
DeCoster destroyed Tomac. By picking ET for the desNation's team, RD put the weight of the world on him. When he got spanked, his confidence left...
DeCoster destroyed Tomac. By picking ET for the desNation's team, RD put the weight of the world on him. When he got spanked, his confidence left him. His only hope now is to buy out of his contract and move to Florida. Maybe Aldon will let him sleep in the barn. He'll have to score an orange FE, preferably an '18 model. A factory ECU will be a must. DeCoster owes him that much. If he can nurse his current bike to the finish for a couple more races, he could still be a factor in the championship.
I do think his MXDN performance has had an effect. Im not trying to get into "that" discussion, but he is a rider that needs to believe he can be quickest any time he wants to. For whatever reason, thats not the case in this championship yet. If he doesnt start winning over the next couple of rounds he'll not catch fire at all this time around. He will probably still kill it at the Nats though.

Wow!...Big words for a newb eh? haha.
psg119
1/28/2019 9:20am
Didn't he indirectly say he was injured in the A1 press conference? Someone asked him if the injury was true and if I remember right I think he said something like "I've was on the bike last week and I feel great. You'll see when we get out there in a bit" or something like that? I took that as an injury and he was only back on the bike for a week. Could be wrong though.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
1/28/2019 9:26am
Its coming guys. It's only RD 4 and the smart title contenders are trying not to wad up their chances since they saw Anderson win with consistency instead of raw speed last year. The Beast will be back to normal speed this weekend i'm guessing. Roczen or Tomac for the win this weekend.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
1/28/2019 9:30am
Sibex wrote:
I do think his MXDN performance has had an effect. Im not trying to get into "that" discussion, but he is a rider that needs to...
I do think his MXDN performance has had an effect. Im not trying to get into "that" discussion, but he is a rider that needs to believe he can be quickest any time he wants to. For whatever reason, thats not the case in this championship yet. If he doesnt start winning over the next couple of rounds he'll not catch fire at all this time around. He will probably still kill it at the Nats though.

Wow!...Big words for a newb eh? haha.
Hey newb. NO one says "Nats"...
BobKerr
2/2/2019 2:34am
From what I have read so far it is both a pre season injury AND not having the bike dialed in 100%.
brimx153
2/2/2019 5:07am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Pretty interesting that orange bikes went 1-2-3 on a track with gnarly whoops and a huge huck to flat. Was a 'flexier' frame a big advantage...
Pretty interesting that orange bikes went 1-2-3 on a track with gnarly whoops and a huge huck to flat. Was a 'flexier' frame a big advantage that guys on other brands couldn't overcome?
I wish ktm fan boy s could just stop with this crap . It's not F1 .

Post a reply to: Eli Tomac #3

The Latest