Eli Shares His Thoughts on Fixing the Outcome of a Race

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2018 7:00 AM

Im not even kidding, me and the wife were watching the race and during the second race she said what if Savagty is leading the 3rd race and tomac is behind him you think he will pull over? And I said yeah Tomac will probably throw him $25,000 for it... Then it happened and Jeff said yeah hes probably going to throw him 25 to 50 grand haha But seriously I wasn't a fan of it but it doesnt really bother me... Not nearly as much as it probably pissed off Monster for having to throw out 2 Mill!! The question is will Monster hold it against him come next year and try to talk the team out of re-signing him hahaha

|

10/15/2018 7:02 AM

It would sure be awkward if he hadn't pulled over. Who knows, maybe Joey gave it everything he had and was about to pass out.

|

10/15/2018 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 8:14 AM

bro if i’m at monster kawi i’m laughing my ass off in front of the ktm truck cause they just beat them at their own game in the end of the day. joey is for sure getting paid from tomacs win, more than if he would’ve won the last main. you think he’s gonna get only 25k out of that? that’s 1/40th of a million. win for everyone involved.

|

10/15/2018 8:16 AM

Photo
|

10/15/2018 9:16 AM

yak651 wrote:

84 wouldn't have pulled over for 222 or vice versa, maybe that's why they smoked us last weekend?
That and its funny how all ...more

I feel bad for you having to watch a guy you can’t stand win most of the races. Not really, tho.

|

10/15/2018 4:31 PM

Just watched that race, Everybody with that race should be ashamed.......

|

10/15/2018 4:56 PM

yak651 wrote:

84 wouldn't have pulled over for 222 or vice versa, maybe that's why they smoked us last weekend?
That and its funny how all ...more

Squirrelings wrote:

I feel bad for you having to watch a guy you can’t stand win most of the races. Not really, tho.

wink
|

10/15/2018 5:03 PM

Not for anything less than a hundred Leggos!?

|

10/15/2018 6:48 PM

Helda wrote:

I'm just going to copy and paste this because this is all that has to be said...

It’s way different than marv/Dungey it’s ...more

Total BS! Situation is irrelevant, it is wrong or right. If it was wrong for MM, it was wrong for JS. I guess the only difference is who you are a fan of.

|

10/15/2018 7:03 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

He would’ve gotten Joey either way. Joeys a dummy for making it so obvious. What a kook.

mx617 wrote:

I disagree. If you're going to do it, own it. Don't pretend otherwise.

Hahahaha, that was the BEST part: "Come on by, dude! Fuck what anyone thinks. When THEY figure out how to be leading at the end of a professional race, then maybe they can tell me what the fuck to do."

|

10/15/2018 7:04 PM

Not gonna read all the comments but Savatgy was going to get passed regardless...He threw his arm up and slowed his pace briefly initiating the inevitable...big deal...Had he not done that a corner or straight later hes getting passed. End of story.

|

10/17/2018 3:11 AM

colvin227 wrote:

It’s way different than marv/Dungey it’s astonishing how people are even trying to make that connection. No points or ...more

RG1 wrote:

It's exactly the same thing. Regardless of whether it's a million or a Championship on the line, it's still switching riders ...more

NateDawg wrote:

He didn't take anything from someone else. Dungey took points and a title from another rider in a CHAMPIONSHIP. Tomac was in a ...more

Dungey would have won the title anyway.

|

10/17/2018 3:22 AM

What do you expect Eli to do? Lock up his brakes and not pass Savatgy?

|

10/17/2018 4:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 4:31 AM

walent215 wrote:

Not gonna read all the comments but Savatgy was going to get passed regardless...He threw his arm up and slowed his pace ...more

Really?

Way to impress current and potential sponsors. ‘If someone’s closing three corners from the end I’ll just fold up and wave ‘em by’.

And do Monster really want to pay out a million just for publicity? If so, just pay the overall winner $1m. And chuck some to a random fan anyway.

JS cost Monster, Kawasaki ‘s main backer $900k when Kawasaki had the overall regardless. And he undermined his own, and Tomac’s performance in the process.

And it’s embarassing for the ‘sport’.

But at least ET is now the fastest man on the planet again.

|

10/17/2018 6:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 6:07 AM

FuzzyLogic wrote:

There is something to be said about the "integrity" of a season long, multiple race, points chasing series. This is not that; ...more

There was no insurance. Feld paid the money out of their own pocket. The end result is great publicity.

$2,000,000 is nothing to Feld.

According to Forbes, Feld Entertainment, the company that owns Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, brought in over $1 billion in gross revenue last year. In the process, it also made its CEO, Kenneth Feld, into America's latest billionaire; according to Forbes, Feld's holdings are worth roughly $1.8 billion.

|

10/17/2018 11:36 AM

Let's just cut with the crap. If Eli does it it's ok...wink wink. If Dungey does it he's a straight up cheating loser. This should save alot of time for those with crystle balls and weak excuses. Having said that... I'm ok with both instances.

|