Eli Selling His GT3RS

skypig
11/4/2020 12:47am
Goofy Foot wrote:
Lambos suck....it's a straight line car just like most supercars. The porsches dominate the track.
LIVEWIRE wrote:
In the GT Le Mans series (GTLM), the C8 Vette showed the BMW and Porsche how its done. I am not biased, I have a 911...
In the GT Le Mans series (GTLM), the C8 Vette showed the BMW and Porsche how its done.

I am not biased, I have a 911 4S (132K) and now have a C8 (85K) on order.

MONTEREY, Calif. (Nov. 1, 2020) – Corvette Racing’s Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor clinched the GT Le Mans (GTLM) Drivers title Sunday in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship – the 13th for Corvette Racing and with one event still to go in the season.

FYI - Lambos hold there own against competition. How can you pass judgment on a car you have never driven?
Goofy Foot wrote:
I'm talking about stock production cars, not heavily modded race cars. And yes I believe the new C8 is very impressive in stock form, which makes...
I'm talking about stock production cars, not heavily modded race cars. And yes I believe the new C8 is very impressive in stock form, which makes the much more expensive Lambos/Ferraris/etc even less impressive.

Anyone who knows cars knows the Porsche dominates the tracks. You mentioned Monterey....the GT2RS is at the top just 7 tenths below a million dollar supercar. The closest Lambo is 1.7 seconds off the GT2RS. That's not "holding it's own", it's called getting spanked just like I said on any track that size or smaller.

How do you know which cars I have driven and have not driven?

More GT2RS's dominating tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpS9e_dAS08
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2019/products/porsche-911-gt2-rs-produc…

I’d be completely stoked to own any car on that list.
If I got a lap time under 1:40, at Laguna Seca, I’d have it tattooed on my bum cheek.

The only performance car I’ve driven on a track was a Radical SR3.
Very cool. Great fun. But compared to “knee down” on a BMWS1000RR, a little lame.
RalphS
11/4/2020 2:25am
While most of my track experience is in a 4S, the little run time I had in a GT3 suggested to me that one of the...
While most of my track experience is in a 4S, the little run time I had in a GT3 suggested to me that one of the key but under-reported upgrades to the GT3 was the removal of 5th gear as an overdrive. That change alone drops a second or two from lap times, especially on tracks with long straights. Of course, the awesome engine and perfect handling help, but, as an amateur making the comparison, that would be the mod I'd make to my basic car before anything else. By comparison, it is like the difference between an XC and an XC-W on a motocross track. On the W, everything is great until you shift into 4th, then you wait around for the engine to catch up.

As for the GT2-is-better talk, unless you are an exceptional driver, you should always be faster in the normally aspirated car. Frankly, it seemed to me that the only way to drive a performance turbo fast would be to have three feet.
I got a sprinter van with not one but two turbos and I’m fast as fuck. Gotta keep ‘er on the pipe
You can't beat my twin pipes pit bike

The Shop

Post a reply to: Eli Selling His GT3RS

The Latest