Eli....22nd to 2nd. Sheesh!

Trudare69
3/12/2018 12:53pm
Imagining that he could have about a half dozen rides like this in his career if he had done it before now.
early wrote:
He does have a half dozen rides like that. SLC, MXdN 2014, hangtown 2017, More
Also came from waaaay back in Seattle last year to 2nd even after a crash......very impressive ride, so much aggression
3/12/2018 1:06pm
bsharkey wrote:
The last race Eli had at the MX of Nations when he was on the Honda before his shoulder injury was pretty Epic 2
Yes! he was railing the outside in the 2014 MXdN (Lativa) in the final moto as if he was in a video game (hitting a turbo button) as he blew by Dead Wilson and all others. He stalled it otherwise he would have made it to Paulin. That was insane (even Paul Malin was making these strange "ooh & ah" sounds in amazement along with giddy laughter as Tomac railed the outside in turbo mode).

Bummer was that in his 1st moto though he failed to get around or barely passed Noren! Then for the final moto he had the worst start or a small tip over and ended up near the top riding completely different than he did in the 1st moto.

MxDN 2014 Lativa final moto, this week's Daytona last to 2nd & also ET3's incredible charge in Salt Lake from near the back to win was insane as well. It's up there with JH & Ironman (2nd moto) & JS7 2014 Toronto charge from the back to win. All of these are so great to watch. Thank goodness for each of these races!
3/12/2018 1:12pm
bsharkey wrote:
The last race Eli had at the MX of Nations when he was on the Honda before his shoulder injury was pretty Epic 2
Yes! he was railing the outside in the 2014 MXdN (Lativa) in the final moto as if he was in a video game (hitting a turbo...
Yes! he was railing the outside in the 2014 MXdN (Lativa) in the final moto as if he was in a video game (hitting a turbo button) as he blew by Dead Wilson and all others. He stalled it otherwise he would have made it to Paulin. That was insane (even Paul Malin was making these strange "ooh & ah" sounds in amazement along with giddy laughter as Tomac railed the outside in turbo mode).

Bummer was that in his 1st moto though he failed to get around or barely passed Noren! Then for the final moto he had the worst start or a small tip over and ended up near the top riding completely different than he did in the 1st moto.

MxDN 2014 Lativa final moto, this week's Daytona last to 2nd & also ET3's incredible charge in Salt Lake from near the back to win was insane as well. It's up there with JH & Ironman (2nd moto) & JS7 2014 Toronto charge from the back to win. All of these are so great to watch. Thank goodness for each of these races!
Yeah that MXdN was a fun one to watch. If I remember correctly he went to a different set of forks for that second moto and said it made all the difference.
drt410
3/12/2018 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 1:15pm
Stew used to do it on the 125. Hed get smoked first turn then pass everyone n win. Hed pass 3 people in 1 corner. I do think like that dude said one was a heat race so even less laps. Stew on a 125 was somethin else. Eli was and is def in beast mode lately.

The Shop

greenmx5
3/12/2018 2:33pm
drt410 wrote:
Stew used to do it on the 125. Hed get smoked first turn then pass everyone n win. Hed pass 3 people in 1 corner. I...
Stew used to do it on the 125. Hed get smoked first turn then pass everyone n win. Hed pass 3 people in 1 corner. I do think like that dude said one was a heat race so even less laps. Stew on a 125 was somethin else. Eli was and is def in beast mode lately.
I witnessed budds creek 03. Going down on the start and going 40th to 1st. These eyes have never witnessed someone ride a 125 faster than that and never will.
51xc
3/12/2018 3:01pm
daytona always makes me miss the outdoors even more. give ja21 the circus cross trophy and let's move on. WoohooLaughing
51xc
3/12/2018 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 3:02pm
edit - double post

Post a reply to: Eli....22nd to 2nd. Sheesh!

The Latest