Electric start vs kick starting.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2021 8:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2021 9:13 AM

This about sums it up. 1st to 14th.

|

8/8/2021 8:44 AM

He's hitting the throttle every time he kicks it, it'll never start that way messes with the fuel injection, cool story tho....

|

8/8/2021 8:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2021 8:51 AM

Pgd09yz450 wrote:

He's hitting the throttle every time he kicks it, it'll never start that way messes with the fuel injection, cool story ...more

My experience with fuel injected bikes says different. When my YZ250F is being fussy to start when it’s hot, a little throttle helps for sure. My KX450 was the same. And before anyone says it, the valves are in spec.

|

8/8/2021 9:25 AM

I dunno. My YZf takes a minute when you stall it mid moto. Always end up having to find neutral and when you're doing 4 lappers it's pretty much over after that...

|

8/8/2021 9:27 AM

Undersprung wrote:

I dunno. My YZf takes a minute when you stall it mid moto. Always end up having to find neutral and when you're doing 4 ...more

Yeah mine doesn’t want to start in gear either.

|

8/8/2021 9:27 AM

Wait?! The Suzukis don't have Electric Start?!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/8/2021 9:31 AM

Those little half kicks aret going to get it

|

8/8/2021 10:08 AM

Rider panic always sets in, but have never understood why they don’t immediately place it in neutral and give it a good kick. Bikes don’t like to start in gear with a kickstart or electric. Sometimes you get lucky. He was riding well

|

8/8/2021 10:17 AM

Pgd09yz450 wrote:

He's hitting the throttle every time he kicks it, it'll never start that way messes with the fuel injection, cool story ...more

The kid is one of the top A riders and has been riding these for a while. Pretty sure he knows how to start his bike better than you. Cool story tho….

|

8/8/2021 10:18 AM

Kick start all day long for me.... I don't want or need the extra complexity of a battery, motor to turn the engine over, etc on a pure mx bike...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/8/2021 10:20 AM

Pgd09yz450 wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

My experience with fuel injected bikes says different. When my YZ250F is being fussy to start when it’s hot, a little throttle ...more

When the rmz is kicked the fuel injector sprays, if you open the throttle at all it does not operate, the procedure is right in the manual, its not some 04 yz250f with a hot start lever

|

8/8/2021 10:23 AM

Pgd09yz450 wrote:

Renner153 wrote:

The kid is one of the top A riders and has been riding these for a while. Pretty sure he knows how to start his bike better ...more

Na..check the manual bro

|

8/8/2021 11:03 AM

Ill still take kick start over the button. Really sucks after a stall when my ktm wouldn't crank. Button failed. Another time battery went while racing sucked pushing that bike from the end if the track. Really sucked for a buddy when his yz450 wouldn't refire don't remember the cause exactly but it was electric start related at monster Mountain. Know a few hundred off and some weight and ill be happy to keep kicking.

|

8/8/2021 11:13 AM

Wait are people still having the e-start conversation in 2021 lol

2014? Expected. 2021? U gotta be joking mate

|

8/8/2021 11:57 AM

Undersprung wrote:

I dunno. My YZf takes a minute when you stall it mid moto. Always end up having to find neutral and when you're doing 4 ...more

Same, my YZ250F doesnt start as fast as my previous Honda 250F. Both bikes didnt like to be in gear stopped trying to start. If I am still rolling they would start in gear

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

8/8/2021 12:19 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

Rider panic always sets in, but have never understood why they don’t immediately place it in neutral and give it a good kick. ...more

My bikes always start perfectly fine in gear, unless they are dead cold. Both my KTM450 and KX450 fire as soon as I breath on the button. My 350 always liked a pinch of throttle.

If the e-start ever broke on my 300, I would leave it where it died. I refuse to use the demon Kickstart ever again.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/8/2021 12:37 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Kick start all day long for me.... I don't want or need the extra complexity of a battery, motor to turn the engine over, etc ...more

GT80 must have never had a bike with the button.

|

8/8/2021 12:53 PM

Vital members telling a kid that rides pro how to kickstart his bike. Priceless.

|

8/8/2021 1:12 PM

Would of started had it been a 2 stroke

|

8/8/2021 1:13 PM

mb60 wrote:

Vital members telling a kid that rides pro how to kickstart his bike. Priceless.

He would have no idea the inner workings of a FI bike let alone finding TDC, unless that thing is at TDC and a full kick through, that will never start. Just needed to find neutral (which is super easy on that gearbox) and it would have fired right up.

|

8/8/2021 1:14 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Kick start all day long for me.... I don't want or need the extra complexity of a battery, motor to turn the engine over, etc ...more

Yeah, for the average Joe like myself, kick start is fine. But in high levels of competition, electric start is the way to go.

I'm not bashing on the Suzuki; it's a good bike. But I wish Suzuki would fine tune it a bit and add an electric start.

|

8/8/2021 1:22 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

Yeah, for the average Joe like myself, kick start is fine. But in high levels of competition, electric start is the way to go. ...more

Biggest proponents of e-starts are actually vet riders

|

8/8/2021 1:30 PM

mb60 wrote:

Yeah, cos nobody ever gets flustered and forgets the fundamentals when under pressure in a race losing situation..

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

8/8/2021 2:18 PM

That was painful to watch. It is however a great example of why electric start is important to racing.

|

8/8/2021 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2021 3:31 PM

zehn wrote:

Probably so, I've never taken a poll to see who likes what. My point is, they hold their real value in competition as the above video shows. I'm also willing to bet that in higher levels of racing, the riders prefer them.

|

8/8/2021 3:34 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Wait?! The Suzukis don't have Electric Start?!

I know it's old news, but I sure wish they did. It wouldn't prevent me from buying one, but Zehn said that vets prefer the e start, so it makes me wonder how many of them went with a different brand.

|

8/8/2021 4:00 PM

zehn wrote:

BS. They are competition motorcycles. They are clearly an advantage in competition.

|

8/8/2021 4:04 PM

I just wish cars still had the manual motor crank on the front of the engine…the battery and extra complexity of an estart, plus the weight…more things to break…my arms work just fine for turning cars over…plus I know about million people who had their starter go out, and that doesn’t happen with a hand crank. Sucks getting stranded because I don’t have the option of the hand crank.

|

8/8/2021 4:23 PM

mb60 wrote:

Whoa, dare I say we have more experience? Either due to age, or slow and stalling the bike a lot. Not some young hot shot kid who can ride the wheels off of it and never have to kickstart the bike during a moto.

|

8/8/2021 4:27 PM

Why is everyone dissin kickstarters

|